This topic is locked from further discussion.

irelevent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 irelevent
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts

Seriously i've been on these forums for a while now, and i've pretty much lost hope for humanity.

stop posting your problems, there is a much easier way to fix your problem

guide:

1. turn on your computer.

2. if your account has a password, type it in.

(skip stages 1 and/or 2 if your computer is allready on.)

3. open up your web browser after starting up the computer.

4. go to google.com

(or your favorite search engine)

5. type in your problems

What do you think your special and are the only one with your problem?!?!?!?

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

Dude...get a grip. Different people have different ways of solving problems. Some are saavy enough to solve their own, others like to talk to those who know.

If help topics annoy you...DONT CLICK THEM! If you were as "smart" as you seem to think you are, this would have been obvious...

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

WOW! People really ARE stupid?!?!?

No way, get out of here!!! Stop playing! That's mean!

Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#4 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts

Dude...get a grip. Different people have different ways of solving problems. Some are saavy enough to solve their own, others like to talk to those who know.

If help topics annoy you...DONT CLICK THEM! If you were as "smart" as you seem to think you are, this would have been obvious...

dnuggs40

lol my sentiments exactly Dnuggs! ;)

Tehgiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tehgiggles
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts

Whats the point in the hardware forum then?

Maybe some people enjoy helping others and sharing opinions etc etc.

Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Raz0redge
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts

Seriously i've been on these forums for a while now, and i've pretty much lost hope for humanity.

guide:

4. go to google.com

5. type in your problems

irelevent

I think you're missing a "r" from your username to sum up your post.

RazorGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 RazorGR
Member since 2005 • 1605 Posts
Stupid is as stupid does.
opima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 opima
Member since 2004 • 361 Posts

irelevent

For you: leave. No one's holding a gun to your head to be here or to read any posts.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

guide:

4. go to google.com

5. type in your problems

irelevent

lol tell me about it i'm 2 years on the PC games forum

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

dnuggs40
Good advice.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

dnuggs40

nicely put :). if you don't want to help then don't but why rant about it !!

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 ttomm1946
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts
Right on dnuggs...you always come up with sensible answers..:)
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

naval

Coming to a game forum for tech support doesn't make sense and I have yet to even see more than a couple of questions gain a real resolution. There are people that are savvy, and there are people that only think they are savvy (majority). Coming in here and asking for technical support is more likely to make things worse than better, and chances are it won't get you anything but flamed anyways. Every game that isn't 10 years old has actual tech support, chances are there is a ready and tested solution on google, and both will be more accurate and faster than coming in here.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dnuggs40

Comming to a game forum to get support for a game doesn't make sense? News to me...especially consider that game forums are full of...gasp!...people who play games.

And you have obviously not been looking, I have seen TONS of questions get answered, and have personally answered quite a few of them myself. There are many many ways to find help and answers. Just because google is better and more effecient (and possibly quicker) for the people who know, doesn't mean other avenues of getting information are not also valid.

Like I said, there are many different types of people with varying levels of knowledge. For some people it's much easier to search, as they are aware of the ways to get the asnwers. For others, they would rather ask people who know these things, as they don't know the alternative routes for getting info effectively.

Either way, to make a post calling people "stupid" for asking questions about games in a game forum is well...rediculous. If you do not wish to help the people with less knowledge, you don't have to.

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 weirjf

Comming to a game forum to get support for a game doesn't make sense? News to me...especially consider that game forums are full of...gasp!...people who play games.

dnuggs40

I'm sure you drive a car too, but you won't see me asking you for advice on getting my brake pads changed.

but I agree, calling people "Stupid" is completely uncalled for

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 naval
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

weirjf

Coming to a game forum for tech support doesn't make sense and I have yet to even see more than a couple of questions gain a real resolution. There are people that are savvy, and there are people that only think they are savvy (majority). Coming in here and asking for technical support is more likely to make things worse than better, and chances are it won't get you anything but flamed anyways. Every game that isn't 10 years old has actual tech support, chances are there is a ready and tested solution on google, and both will be more accurate and faster than coming in here.

speaking from what i have seen, lots of problem can be solved from the gaming forum.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

weirjf

I'm sure you drive a car too, but you won't see me asking you for advice on getting my brake pads changed.

And this makes sense how?

This is a GAME forum, not an car forum...

In a GAME forum, people discuss GAMES. Including problems they have trying to play GAMES.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

And you have obviously not been looking, I have seen TONS of questions get answered, and have personally answered quite a few of them myself. There are many many ways to find help and answers. Just because google is better and more effecient (and possibly quicker) for the people who know, doesn't mean other avenues of getting information are not also valid.

Like I said, there are many different types of people with varying levels of knowledge. For some people it's much easier to search, as they are aware of the ways to get the asnwers. For others, they would rather ask people who know these things, as they don't know the alternative routes for getting info effectively.

Either way, to make a post calling people "stupid" for asking questions about games in a game forum is well...rediculous. If you do not wish to help the people with less knowledge, you don't have to.

dnuggs40

100 % agreed :)

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 weirjf
[QUOTE="weirjf"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

naval

speaking from what i have seen, lots of problem can be solved from the gaming forum.

canned response 1 "post your specs"

canned response 2 "update your ???? drivers"

canned response 3 "update yous **** drivers"

canned response 4 "have you downloaded the latest patches?"

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
The OP proved his own point.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

To TC u won't imagine how much i get help advice ( which helps me a lot regarding games problems)from gamers when i post a question in G.S .IMO ... G.S members really know a lot abt games, atleast i feel so :)

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 weirjf
[QUOTE="weirjf"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

dnuggs40

In a GAME forum, people discuss GAMES. Including problems they have trying to play GAMES.

lol, wow...

it made more sense than "we play games so we know how to fix games". If you can't see that then I guess I should just stop trying to make you understand.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 naval

canned response 1 "post your specs"

canned response 2 "update your ???? drivers"

canned response 3 "update yous **** drivers"

canned response 4 "have you downloaded the latest patches?"

weirjf

many times this what may solve the problem ( ex:- sm 2.0 problem with bihock). so your point being ?

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"][QUOTE="weirjf"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

weirjf

lol, wow...

it made more sense than "we play games so we know how to fix games". If you can't see that then I guess I should just stop trying to make you understand.

rofl

This is a GAME forum, so it makes sense to ask questions about GAMES. So you have:

#1 People who are saavy on the subject, and play the games

and

#2 The forum itself is geared towards...gasp!...games!

So asking question about GAMES on a GAME forum makes COMPLETE SENSE. Asking about brake pads on a GAMES forum does not.

And no, I really don't want to understand your crazy logic.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dnuggs40

To TC u won't imagine how much i get help advice ( which helps me a lot regarding games problems)from gamers when i post a question in G.S .IMO ... G.S members really know a lot abt games, atleast i feel so :)

indzman

Yup, agreed. I'm a computer programmer by trade, but I still find it helpfull to ask questions every once in a while. Alot of gamespot users are very smart people. That's what the community is all about. Nobody has all the answers, but when you have tons of smart people all in the same place, people can help fill in the blanks where your knowledge might be limited.

Mynx_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mynx_15
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
Very funny.........
Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts
Am I reading this right? You hate people posting about theirgame related problems, ona site calledGamespot, in the PC Games forum, so you decide topost about yourproblems with people whoask forhelp? Get down off ofyour pedestal buddy, before I push you. Go back to MySpace.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Right on dnuggs...you always come up with sensible answers..:)ttomm1946

dnuggs40 for President!!!! :P

Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
If people didn't ask questions, there wouldn't be any answers for the Googlers.
r-teest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 r-teest
Member since 2007 • 949 Posts

dnuggs40

Amen...

rac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rac7
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts

guide:

4. go to google.com

5. type in your problems

What do you think your special and are the only one with your problem?!?!?!? irelevent

wow...not like forums were orginally made so people could help each other out and share information....

If your done trying to grab attention let me be the first to say GTFO ^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

Theres nothing wrong or stupid with asking for help on these forums, just make sure you ask for help in the right sections.

Naturally if you dont like people making "help me" topics then don't bother clicking to reply to them, its just stupid to post a negative reply in a "help me" topic. Not only do you make yourself look arrogant and unhelpful but you also aren't contributing much to the community by just being a plain arse!

Another thing is why would you post a topic thats got nothing to do with PC games in this section of the forums? this is probably better put into the General Discussion which is basically what it is. Or better yet put it in a blog since it seems a rather personal and more blog worthy topic of discussion.

But the simple answer is, this is a gaming site for gamers concerning all topics to do with gaming and as great as google may be in finding out stuff. It sometimes isn't as helpful compared to getting an answer from someone who has had experience with a similar problem. And most of the time people on these forums have had experience with a lot of the problems that are posted and are nice enough to help a fellow human being out.

So get off your soap box mate and quit acting the fool by being a selfish git, people come here for various reasons and if one of them is to get help for a gaming problem they have, then i think thats as valid as any other topic on these boards.