Penumbra how do you open the hatch!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toad1956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 toad1956
Member since 2004 • 1127 Posts

So I broke the ice with the rock and turn the wheel as far as it can go but the hatch does not open. How do you open the hatch?

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

So I broke the ice with the rock and turn the wheel as far as it can go but the hatch does not open. How do you open the hatch?

toad1956

Please go here: www.gamefaqs.com

next time before you post.

ex-mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ex-mortis
Member since 2009 • 1599 Posts

It's a bit tricky but you have to move your mouse very slowly to find the single pixel where the cursor changes into a "enter area" symbol.

toad1956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 toad1956

[QUOTE="toad1956"]

GPAddict

Who gave you god hood or moderator right? Are you a jerk or just born that way? For your information, jerk, I had already looked extensively on the night for this subject but did not find an answer. May be you should look at the question more before making an ass out of yourself.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GPAddict

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="toad1956"]

toad1956

Who gave you god hood or moderator right? Are you a jerk or just born that way? For your information, jerk, I had already looked extensively on the night for this subject but did not find an answer. May be you should look at the question more before making an ass out of yourself.

Notice how I said please, and I was trying to help you out in case you didn't know about gamefaqs. Whether you checked or not, I had no clue, but I have had many times I got stuck and gamefaqs helped me out. Of course I didn't know you would get all worked up over that. Its cool, and as far as me being a jerk, there are worse things I could be, but I was trying to helpyou out. :roll:

ex-mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ex-mortis

[QUOTE="toad1956"]

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

GPAddict

Notice how I said please, and I was trying to help you out in case you didn't know about gamefaqs. Whether you checked or not, I had no clue, but I have had many times I got stuck and gamefaqs helped me out. Of course I didn't know you would get all worked up over that. Its cool, and as far as me being a jerk, there are worse things I could be, but I was trying to helpyou out. :roll:

Prefacing a suggestion with "please" is a bit commanding, and makes you look like a snob. Not really accusing you of anything, but I think most would read that post as: "Look you moron, go to gamefaqs dot com before asking idiotic questions like this".

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="toad1956"]

toad1956

Best be careful... all he has to do is cry at a mod, and you're gone....
vertex68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 vertex68
Member since 2008 • 206 Posts

I had trouble with the hatch too. Grab one of those rocks, smash the ice with it, then turn the handle then move the cursor to a spot on the latch and lift it.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GPAddict

[QUOTE="toad1956"]

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

Threesixtyci

Best be careful... all he has to do is cry at a mod, and you're gone....

Not that I would do that.

AfroPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AfroPirate
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="toad1956"]

ex-mortis

but I think most would read that post as: "Look you moron, go to gamefaqs dot com before asking idiotic questions like this".

Wait isn't that what he said?

ex-mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ex-mortis

[QUOTE="ex-mortis"]

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

AfroPirate

but I think most would read that post as: "Look you moron, go to gamefaqs dot com before asking idiotic questions like this".

No, apparently he did mean: "have you checked gamefaqs already? If not, here's the link: . Next time you should probably do a little research before posting."

toad1956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 toad1956

Thank you for the help mortis and pirate. I appreciate it. Toad1956

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="AfroPirate"]

[QUOTE="ex-mortis"]

ex-mortis

No, apparently he did mean: "have you checked gamefaqs already? If not, here's the link: . Next time you should probably do a little research before posting."

The same applies to you. Do research before posting.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

I had trouble with the hatch too. Grab one of those rocks, smash the ice with it, then turn the handle then move the cursor to a spot on the latch and lift it.

vertex68
lol glad to see i'm not the only one although i looked on the game faqs walk through(gotta love xfire in game web browser :D )for the answer to this.
ex-mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ex-mortis

[QUOTE="ex-mortis"]

[QUOTE="AfroPirate"]

millerlight89

The same applies to you. Do research before posting.

What's that supposed to mean?