This topic is locked from further discussion.

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

i bought brand new parts at a computer store, i set it up right installed the cpu and mobo correctly. But when i turn it on the light on the power bar flashes twice...after that it starts up but nothing shows up on the monitor. The fans are running, gpu light is on and the light on the mobo is green. any ideas on why its not working?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Just to make sure,

1) Is your HDMI cable properly hooked up between your monitor and GPU?

2) Did your Mobo come with a test speaker? If so, does it make a beep sound when posting?

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OrcsP2

Im using a dvi cord but i should try it with an hdmi cord. What i dont get is the light on the power button will flicker, it wont remain solid. and the mobo doesnt have a speaker, so i cant hear any beeps

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Hmmm that's really weird. GPU light is on, all fans are spinning, motherboard lights up...

1) Check your board manual. Different color lights and amounts of flashes mean different things.

2) Is your monitor in the right input?

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OrcsP2

the mobo light is solid green, nothing else. as for the monitor the dvi is at the bottom input on the gpu. ive tried using the input on the mobo as well...the monitor will power on then go into standby mode right after, i cant go into menu and whatnot.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Does the mobo have a little led display for post codes? If so, what is the last code showing?

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OrcsP2

@Qixote said:

Does the mobo have a little led display for post codes? If so, what is the last code showing?

what is a post code?

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OrcsP2

also my keyboard wont work when i put it in the usb

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 bluesunmerc
Member since 2014 • 281 Posts

If you can try switching to a smaller tv this is similar to a problem I had when upgraded a few days ago. Im not sure what the problem was but I switched to smaller display and it worked just fine.

FragSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FragSponge
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

Try putting in your old graphics card & see if that works, also if you have 2 sticks of ram, take one out & trial each on their own/or try old ones

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

What parts have you bought?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@OrcsP2 said:

i bought brand new parts at a computer store, i set it up right installed the cpu and mobo correctly. But when i turn it on the light on the power bar flashes twice...after that it starts up but nothing shows up on the monitor. The fans are running, gpu light is on and the light on the mobo is green. any ideas on why its not working?

first thing to do

have you connected Two cables on the motherboard

a big one 24 pins and a smaller one 4 pins (or 6)

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

The USB issue could be a jumper connected incorrect. Also this mobo wouldn't have the onboard defaulted would it?

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OrcsP2

@evildead6789 said:

@OrcsP2 said:

first thing to do

Yeah i disconnected and re-connected them, nothing changed...i also tried clearing the CMOs

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Probably a dumb question but do you enough power going into your graphics card? If there are two power inputs, both need to have a six or eight pin connector attached.

If s GPU card does not have enough power the PC will not boot and it's not always certain that the POST will detect it as an error and will not beep at you.

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OrcsP2

@GarGx1 said:

Probably a dumb question but do you enough power going into your graphics card? If there are two power inputs, both need to have a six or eight pin connector attached.

If s GPU card does not have enough power the PC will not boot and it's not always certain that the POST will detect it as an error and will not beep at you.

Yeah i do, i put the one 2-pin and the other 3 pin right beside it, it shows a green light when i turn it on

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Qixote

@OrcsP2 said:

@Qixote said:

what is a post code?

It's the code that the BIOS uses to try to tell you what the system is doing during boot-up. Extremely helpful with trouble shooting. Your mobo manual will have the codes listed, or just google them as they are typically standard. Example C1 is a common code which means the boot-up is stuck at RAM testing and their may be an issue with it. A good mobo will have a display for the code. A cheap one or one in a pre-built system might not.

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OrcsP2

@Qixote said:

@OrcsP2 said:

@Qixote said:

what is a post code?

It's the code that the BIOS uses to try to tell you what the system is doing during boot-up. Extremely helpful with trouble shooting. Your mobo manual will have the codes listed, or just google them as they are typically standard. Example C1 is a common code which means the boot-up is stuck at RAM testing and their may be an issue with it. A good mobo will have a display for the code. A cheap one or one in a pre-built system might not.

My mobo doesnt have a speaker though, so i cant hear anything

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@OrcsP2 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@OrcsP2 said:

first thing to do

Yeah i disconnected and re-connected them, nothing changed...i also tried clearing the CMOs

have you connected the gpu with the power supply

If you did, is there an onboard videocard

if there is use the onboard videocard and disable it in the bios

make sure you have set the jumper back after clearing the cmos

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Qixote

@OrcsP2 said:

@Qixote said:

@OrcsP2 said:

@Qixote said:

what is a post code?

Who said anything about a speaker?

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OrcsP2

@Qixote said:

@OrcsP2 said:

@Qixote said:

@OrcsP2 said:

@Qixote said:

what is a post code?

Who said anything about a speaker?

I dont hear anything, no beeps or anything. And i did set the cmos back to where it was. ive also tried using one stick of ram but nothing. I thought the code you were refering to was a beep code.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Qixote

I give up trying to help you. Obviously you are having difficulty understanding English.