PC version Of Dead Space 2 may be coming After all

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NPiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NPiracy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/10/ea-dead-space-2-pc-under-consideration/#more-79483

EA: Dead Space 2 PC "under consideration"
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
I don't know why all of you are speculating so much, what's to speculate about? the game clearly is to be released as a PC game too, they didn't put it up on the website for nothing :/.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It will come, the question is when?
NPiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NPiracy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I don't know why all of you are speculating so much, what's to speculate about? the game clearly is to be released as a PC game too, they didn't put it up on the website for nothing :/.DanielDust

agree,there is only one report of "no PC version" for one site,and everyone rely on this too match.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 millerlight89

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]I don't know why all of you are speculating so much, what's to speculate about? the game clearly is to be released as a PC game too, they didn't put it up on the website for nothing :/.NPiracy

agree,there is only one report of "no PC version" for one site,and everyone rely on this too match.

Naw there is more than just one report. It is really impossible for one site to report that, when news on the internet spreads like a wild fire.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Oh well, hope it gets gta iv dlc fate. Hope it comes out later. Only thing we can do is buy the hell out of bad company 2 to show ea that we care, its only when they dont care that we dont buy!
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

i don't think it will come

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Sure, they usually say for a game that it won't be coming for PC and after several months it pops up for PC. Just hope taht the port will be good and we're fine ;)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 millerlight89

RealKilla_789
Way to be optimistic.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#10 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"]

millerlight89
Way to be optimistic.

thanks
Royas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Royas
Member since 2002 • 1448 Posts

I'm not really all that eager to see it, given the quality of the first game. It wasn't a very good shooter, and it was a terrible horror game. I found the controls to be slow and clunky, very awkward to play with mouse and keyboard. The dismemberment style of combat was kind of interesting, though, I'll give them that. That was at least a new take on the old "shoot things until they die" formula.

Huggy_Monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Huggy_Monster
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

i think the 'speculation' that is not coming was because they only talked about teh colsole version at there last gaming convention etc

however, they may of chose not to speak about a pc version then due to fact pc version is coming mucher later than console version perhaps, like assassins creed 2 is still due to release yet for pc

which in my eyes is no bad thing, id much rather wait few extra months for a good product than get a shoddy brokenproduct now

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
1. Dead Space sold only about 40k on PC. 2. Piracy obviously caused this. 3. Graphics-wise, they look nearly identically. So why not enjoy it on your jaw-dropping HDTV instead? 4. With these reasonable doubts, and one less platform to deal with. Why even bother? 5. Controls work just as well if not better on consoles. 6. Again, there's no reason to make a PC Version. Most gamers have a PC and at least one console, if not more. There are options.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

1. Dead Space sold only about 40k on PC. 2. Piracy obviously caused this. 3. Graphics-wise, they look nearly identically. So why not enjoy it on your jaw-dropping HDTV instead? 4. With these reasonable doubts, and one less platform to deal with. Why even bother? 5. Controls work just as well if not better on consoles. 6. Again, there's no reason to make a PC Version. Most gamers have a PC and at least one console, if not more. There are options.Elian2530

1. Actually, it looked a good deal better on PC.

2. Not everyone had a jaw-dropping HDTV.

3. Not everyone has a console.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 millerlight89

[QUOTE="Elian2530"]1. Dead Space sold only about 40k on PC. 2. Piracy obviously caused this. 3. Graphics-wise, they look nearly identically. So why not enjoy it on your jaw-dropping HDTV instead? 4. With these reasonable doubts, and one less platform to deal with. Why even bother? 5. Controls work just as well if not better on consoles. 6. Again, there's no reason to make a PC Version. Most gamers have a PC and at least one console, if not more. There are options.psn8214

1. Actually, it looked a good deal better on PC.

2. Not everyone had a jaw-dropping HDTV.

3. Not everyone has a console.

While I have an HD I sold all my consoles. Not all of us like psn said has a console. I also agree that it looked much better on PC. I also think it was a great game. Really underrated on the PC side of things.
Royas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Royas
Member since 2002 • 1448 Posts

1. Dead Space sold only about 40k on PC. 2. Piracy obviously caused this. 3. Graphics-wise, they look nearly identically. So why not enjoy it on your jaw-dropping HDTV instead? 4. With these reasonable doubts, and one less platform to deal with. Why even bother? 5. Controls work just as well if not better on consoles. 6. Again, there's no reason to make a PC Version. Most gamers have a PC and at least one console, if not more. There are options.Elian2530

I'd be curious to hear where you got your sales figures from. And do those figures include digital sales? Those are often missed or not counted by analysts and the like. Also, I'd have to disagree with you about the graphics. I haven't encountered a game yet that didn't look better on the PC than it did on the consoles (well, Bully looked lousy on the PC, but what do you expect from Rockstar lately?). I thought the PC version looked better by a long shot, my problem with the game lay with the controls and the "feel" of the game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10493 Posts

only 40k? sauce?

oh and graphics wise they dont look nearly identical. maxed out at 1080p on a pc looks miles better than the x360 version (not seen the ps3 version so cant comment on that but multiplats tend to look better on the 360)

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Surely the PC version turned a profit, even when it was on say for £5, if alot bought it i'm sure it pulled in quite abit.

Its not hard to do a PC version either, and it be a day one purchase for me, and many others i know.

I could understand no PC version of Dante's Inferno, but this is a 3rd person shooter, it makes sense to be on PC.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dakan45
1.No it did not, the retail version did and NPD is innacurate in their reports 2. More games outhere get pirated but they dotn get canceled, its not like dead space was "crysis" or some other famous pc game to get so much piracy. 3.Speak for yourself the ps3 version i played on hdtv looked worse. Also at an era of extreme requirements dead space was actually very well optimized and easy to max 4.One word. Capcom, they made many crappy ports on pc and got low sales but they work on improving the pc versions for years now. Bad company 2 will be tweaked and improved on pc. Why not dead space? Thats propably because the studios who made it also worked on godfather which was terrible in pc, too much auto aim and stupid control, its them who need to improve their product and then it will sell on pc as well as bioshock, mass efect and Arkham Asylum who happens to control the same way but with no issues! 5. I still consdier the mouse aim on pc to give me an advantage in that kinda survival games. 6.Right, we can make as well make all multiplatforms available only for consoles, why make a pc version of bad company 2? Just play on a console, or just like microsoft acts, why make a pc version? Just buy an xbox!!
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

I think it will come, its just easy money to make a pc version.. even if it doesnt sell that much.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45

I think it will come, its just easy money to make a pc version.. even if it doesnt sell that much.

kevy619
Tell that to ea, i want army of two 2 for pc, the control in consoles is kinda meh in comparison with other games, it would play better on pc! But anyway did you know there is a pc version for dark sector, cursed mountain, manhunt 2 and Ninja blade? Releasing the game cheap on steam even as a messed up port is always a good move for business, i mean how is that damaging? Most multiplatforms are just cheap ports like its the console version running on an emulator on pc!!
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#24 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
I think it will come to PC if they're actually considering it. Maybe they're trying to see the demand for it so we should all band together and show EA we want Dead Space 2 for PC! I will definitely buy it without question so...that's one sale guaranteed for them! =D
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
[QUOTE="Elian2530"] 1. Dead Space sold only about 40k on PC. 2. Piracy obviously caused this.

This is misleading and false. NPD reports are only based on the retail box and they dont include digital sales. Digital distribution websites is making an impact by causing low retail box sales, I know because I bought my copy from Direct2drive.
MondeEdlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MondeEdlu
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts

it really doesnt matter, either itll come 6-12 months down the line after the console versions/hype/sales already gone or it wont come. either way its really no use anticipating it now because u really have to add +12 to however many months more the console version needs development.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

kevy619

No it isn't that easy. The game has to be optimized for pc hardware and tested against a multitude of possible configurations. There's also distribution costs, support costs, etc.

The 360 isn't a gaming pc in a box like everyone thinks. It uses a custom triple-core powerpc cpu which requires a lot of optimization that isn't transferable. That's why we've seen pc ports this gen that ran poorly on good hardware. In those cases they didn't spend enough time optimizing the game engine for standard pc hardware.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="RealKilla_789"]

RealKilla_789

Way to be optimistic.

thanks

I'm amazed at how influenced I am of one negative comment. I would be very upset if it did not reach the PC. Once you target with the mouse the console controllers feel so inferior.....

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

[QUOTE="kevy619"]

dc337

No it isn't that easy. The game has to be optimized for pc hardware and tested against a multitude of possible configurations. There's also distribution costs, support costs, etc.

The 360 isn't a gaming pc in a box like everyone thinks. It uses a custom triple-core powerpc cpu which requires a lot of optimization that isn't transferable. That's why we've seen pc ports this gen that ran poorly on good hardware. In those cases they didn't spend enough time optimizing the game engine for standard pc hardware.

Good information. I like learned 5 new things from your post. More than a week of college classes could ever provide.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
It will come, the question is when? millerlight89