PC stuck very very early in boot NEED HELP IMMIDEATLY PELASE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blacknight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 blacknight101
Member since 2004 • 1621 Posts

the computeris stuck onthe Asus bootscreen with only the options to run setup or to display a BIOS post message, but I cannot do either option when I hit the corresponding key. I have tried resetting the computer multiple times but I have never seen it become stuck so early.I need this computer back online for tonight if at all possible. please help!

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

What did you change before this started happening?

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Try plugging your keyboard into a different USB port.
blacknight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blacknight101

Nothing. I noticed a USB drive was not working that was previously and so I restarted the computer. or tried to. I have not installed anything new for about a week, no new unscanned downloads.

blacknight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blacknight101

changing the USB port for the keyboard did'nt do anything either.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

Nothing. I noticed a USB drive was not working that was previously and so I restarted the computer. or tried to. I have not installed anything new for about a week, no new unscanned downloads.

blacknight101
If a USB port stops working there are a few of things I've found out first hand.... 1) Possible short, or the USB port crapped out. It's happened before to my younger brother. Using another USB port worked for him. 2) Your PSU is dying and it can't supply enough power to run everything connected to your computer - generally you start to lose the use of your USB ports if things become over loaded. 3) Depending on the USB port - if it's on your MB or a port on your tower - if the MB ports aren't working, something may be wrong with the motherboard. If the ports on the tower aren't working, maybe by chance you bumped into the tower and the USB connector on the motherboard became loose or fell off.
blacknight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blacknight101

hmm and being stuck in the MoBo part of the boot, I guess somethign happened with that part of my system... sounds like I need a replacement?