pc shutdown when play games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Viktorgame54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Viktorgame54
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

hi

i have a cpu amd 4200+ running on the M.B msi k9vgm-v socket am2 8400 (512) sparkle graphic card &heat sink fan spinning at around 2300 my pc shutdown randomly specially when in running a game like mirror's edge & when i check pc bios my cpu temperature is 70*C and then in loading windows shutdown again

PLZ help me on this

(sorry for my bad english)

thanks.

mohsen

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Well the answer is in ur own question, ur PC is shutting down to prevent it from overheating, the 4200 is a very old processor, not sure if it can keep up with games such as mirror's edge, sure the card has enough grunt to run-it, but the bottleneck is ur CPU.

Either u need to buy a new CPU (preferably a phenom) if it needs to last u a while, or buy a better cooling kit, for ur CPU, and seriously overclock that!!!

But seriously though, ur CPU is shutting down to prevent futher damage

Mr_NoName111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mr_NoName111
Member since 2005 • 1035 Posts

Well the answer is in ur own question, ur PC is shutting down to prevent it from overheating, the 4200 is a very old processor, not sure if it can keep up with games such as mirror's edge, sure the card has enough grunt to run-it, but the bottleneck is ur CPU.

Either u need to buy a new CPU (preferably a phenom) if it needs to last u a while, or buy a better cooling kit, for ur CPU, and seriously overclock that!!!

But seriously though, ur CPU is shutting down to prevent futher damage

Amith12
his geforce 8400 is his bottleneck, not his amd x2 4200. To OP, try to reseat the heatsink on your CPU. Make sure it makes proper contact with the CPU and use good thermal paste
Custodian405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Custodian405
Member since 2003 • 1041 Posts

yea, overheating might be the main problem but it also might be you PSU. It may not be enough to support your video card. I don't use nvidea cards but i remember hearing that the 8000 series eat a lot of power.

rock_solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rock_solid
Member since 2003 • 5122 Posts
could def be an overheating problem. make sure all your fans are plugged in and working.
FriedFat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FriedFat
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

If you are dont over clock it!

Viktorgame54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Viktorgame54
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

thanks very very much to all firend

problem was cpu fan not spinnig fast enough i buy new fan now my pc working fine

thanks again guys.

mohsen:)