pc is on the verge of destruction. HELP ME!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hawkboy_4
Member since 2009 • 1095 Posts

ok well today my pc was functioning well untill about an hour ago, i keep getting windows messages saying my pc is infected, and it wont let me launch any applications/programs i get messages saying its infected, my virus software wont detect anything only the antispyware soft can dectect it, but it wont remove it. can anyone help me?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
If it went this far the best option would be to format and reinstall the OS.
hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hawkboy_4
anything else before i do this?
glassfish8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 glassfish8
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

no no no renstalling this has happened to me before you need to start the computer in safemode and download a program called anti malwhere then you need to install and let it do its thing then restart and u should be all good

dont worry ur PC is not infected this is just i virus scame making you buy the product no need to wory.

if my instructions make no sence google removing (whatever its called) to get more detailed instructions

:)

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
Either do as glassfih8 said and try to get rid of the viruses you have been infected with. But I suggest booting in Safemode, backing up and then reinstalling .
hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hawkboy_4
im not really a computer techie how do i boot in safe mode, will that let me open applications?
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#7 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

I am not a computer wiz but this happeaned to a older computer of mine I think its a virus scanner that is actually a virus itself. So I would listen to the other people on here and get some help :)

hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hawkboy_4
well i got it in safe mode, and download spy ware doctor and removed all the "infections", now my PC is running like a race car. cheers guys.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
well i got it in safe mode, and download spy ware doctor and removed all the "infections", now my PC is running like a race car. cheers guys.hawkboy_4
you should try getting more than one anti virus software. people think one is good enough. try downloading malware bytes.
Pessu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Pessu
Member since 2007 • 944 Posts
[QUOTE="hawkboy_4"]well i got it in safe mode, and download spy ware doctor and removed all the "infections", now my PC is running like a race car. cheers guys.Rahnyc4
you should try getting more than one anti virus software. people think one is good enough. try downloading malware bytes.

There's a difference between anti-virus and anti-spy/malware softwares. You should never have more than one anti-virus program.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
although antivirus and anti malware/spyware programs do a good job if your pc has been along time like this is quite possible that i t wont be completely cleaned by those programs But do try it first. Like others said. Download avg antivirus if you dont have an antivirus program. Also download anti spyware 2010 and Malwarebytes. After install all 3 and reboot in safe mode. First do a full virus scan ( in some antivirus programs its called deep virus scan or something similar ) and after run antispyware and malwarebytes
KiLL3R69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KiLL3R69
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="hawkboy_4"]well i got it in safe mode, and download spy ware doctor and removed all the "infections", now my PC is running like a race car. cheers guys.Rahnyc4

I would have to agree most with this answer, i have been using malwarebytes since i ever got my new computer and i have not got any viruses since then. its a really fast and reliable anti virus program. :D Best solution is to backup ur files and reformat and then reinstall the whole OS. but if the other way works, try it out.
D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

You can always find system restore, restore it to a previous week and it should solve your problems. You may still need to do some backup of important files though.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

lol. You only need one, if its a decent one.

Nod32, is literally one of the best, (if not the best AV software), you can get.

That or Kasperky.

Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#15 Mr_Versipellis
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts
You have a rogue. Find out the name of the so-called antivirus and google that + removal on a clean PC. It should tell you some registry settings to change and hopefully guide you through removal. In my experience of rogues they're very easy to fix, but I think some may be harder. Good luck!
stoutlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stoutlad
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
Yeah, I hate those sneaky programs that try to masquerade as an antivirus/antispyware program when they are really a virus/spyware themselves. Looks like you've already solved your problem, but for future reference, don't ever download a program like that again unless it is reputable. Ask on the forums first because the product websites often have fake testimonials.
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

Happened to me, just reset the time on you're pc (you know, where it goes back to a certain date when the virus was not installed? forgot what it's called). Or make a new profile thingy.