PC Home Office Chair

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

Anyone have suggestions for a home office chair? I've been working more and more at home recently and the chair that I have doesn't offer the best support for long work sessions. I also watch a lot of movies on my PC on the weekends and would love something that I can comfortably recline back on and even fall asleep in.

Got any recommendations?

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4397 Posts

Get a La-Z-Boy?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Get a kotatsu for a Japanese style computer desk. Then buy a kotatsu folding chair.

First thing I learned during my visits to Japan.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

:-D

Thanks for the suggestions but anything a bit more conventional?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jun_aka_pekto
@Diablo-B said:

:-D

Thanks for the suggestions but anything a bit more conventional?

The reason I mentioned it is because you can fall down if you take a snooze while at the computer desk. I speak from experience. I thought about having a Japanese style den.

Another option is have a bed nearby. My computer desk is in the guest room. There's a bed right behind me which I can use if I get drowsy.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2861 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Get a kotatsu for a Japanese style computer desk. Then buy a kotatsu folding chair.

First thing I learned during my visits to Japan.

i use a nice high end sofa recliner as a pc chair... obvious superior to any standard pc chair. This chair has the right idea, but if you go this way, you may as well go full out comfort level and go sofa recliner and #lazy-relax-forever

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jun_aka_pekto

@Yams1980 said:

i use a nice high end sofa recliner as a pc chair... obvious superior to any standard pc chair. This chair has the right idea, but if you go this way, you may as well go full out comfort level and go sofa recliner and #lazy-relax-forever

I've done that before with my Lazy Boy which also rock (back and forth) and swivel 3600, making it better than a recliner. The problem is if I wanted to elevate the foot rest, I'd have to swivel the chair sideways. With a recliner, I would have to move the whole chair to access the foot rest and again to recess it. It's not a big penalty. But, it can get repetitive.

Using the kotatsu adjustable chair, your legs would already be stretched out from the start. It's just a matter of adjusting the back cushion so that you're laying down.

Blizzard2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Blizzard2188
Member since 2015 • 121 Posts

The DX Racer Max chairs are pretty nice. I was having lots of back problems with my Staples Cushing chair (it was like a soft recliner without the recliner) and so far after using this for about 2 months my back is starting to feel better and I sit in this chair 8+ hours a day. If you get the ones with the dual adjustable mechanism you can individually tilt and lock the seat, back and then lock the overall tilt of the chair. Banacules Nerdgasm on youtube has a review of it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8BZIVRt1Qs They are a little pricey but since my back has been better supported it was actually worth it. I would suggest at least taking a look at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

.. I am not exactly sure what you are looking for.. Office chairs can be comfy but they are not something you can recline back in and fall asleep in..