PC gamers - Don't be jealous over Halo 3, its terrible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
I just played it and....

The game is "meh" at best. Graphics are terrible, worse that the graphics of the source engine which is 3 years old. I thought it was halo 2 at first...game finding thing is exactly the same. Same little kids screaming on the mic. Gameplay is the same, u pretty much run around spraying until the enemy dies, and if someone is behind you, you cannot turn around fast enough to kill them. You start with an assualt rifle which isn't long ranged, so you just run at the enemy. There is massive auto aim just like in halo 2. I havent played halo in 2 years and yet I came in 2nd in one of the matches. New vechiles are ok I guess. I only played 2 maps. Will update later. Mircrosoft pays game reviewer to give it high reviews btw, or the reviewers are just fanboys. Even though this game has huge hype, pc games are still superior in every form.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

why do you think reviewers are giving it such high scores?

Goobafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Goobafish
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
clearly biased, not saying halo3 is amazing but hey, if its as good as halo 2 was its worth the buy... stop being a fanboy
coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 coolmonkeykid

nutcrackr

Honestly, i have no idea. If they scored it low, every halo fan would not think they give good reviews. Its that simple.

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 coolmonkeykid

clearly biased, not saying halo3 is amazing but hey, if its as good as halo 2 was its worth the buy... stop being a fanboyGoobafish

Your a fanboi, i own a 360 and ive played the game, you haven't so dont talk. It would of been a good game 3 years ago.

firefly026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 firefly026
Member since 2005 • 3270 Posts
Well, you seem to be a PC gamer, therefor you're used to PC shooters, which are, in most cases, superior. Console users, on the other hand, will find Halo 3 to be an "amazing" game, due to the fact that they have probably never experienced a game as polished as Half-Life 2, for example.
FunkWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 FunkWeasel
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
I've been a PC gamer for most of my gaming life, being raised on the likes of Half-Life, Counter-Strike, and Battlefield, and I used to always hate Halo. Until I played it that it, I was skeptical at first, but it just felt....right! Yes, I still think HL2 is superior, but don't be knocking Halo fool! It's garnering much focus on the game industry as a viable media, and that's good for all of us. This is the first time I've seen Video Games talked of FONDLY on CNN, so, if you wan't the crackdown on games to become as bad as Germany, keep on hating, you only hurt yourself.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
I wasn't jealous in the first place.
GenRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GenRob
Member since 2003 • 67 Posts

I dont know what the rage about halo is. Granted i only played halo 1 on the pc but i found it to be repetitive, and fairly generic. I mean every single room in the game looked pretty much the same, and the outdoor environments did too. I can't find one thing the game has going for it which is superior than another 1st tier fps of the time.

Edit: oh and what true pc gamers were ever jealous over halo in the first place?

salzdaprinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 salzdaprinze
Member since 2003 • 766 Posts

I just played it and....

The game is "meh" at best. Graphics are terrible, worse that the graphics of the source engine which is 3 years old. I thought it was halo 2 at first...game finding thing is exactly the same. Same little kids screaming on the mic. Gameplay is the same, u pretty much run around spraying until the enemy dies, and if someone is behind you, you cannot turn around fast enough to kill them. You start with an assualt rifle which isn't long ranged, so you just run at the enemy. There is massive auto aim just like in halo 2. I havent played halo in 2 years and yet I came in 2nd in one of the matches. New vechiles are ok I guess. I only played 2 maps. Will update later. Mircrosoft pays game reviewer to give it high reviews btw, or the reviewers are just fanboys. Even though this game has huge hype, pc games are still superior in every form.coolmonkeykid

Jealous.... :lol: Please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
whoa whoa whoa... how can u say halo 3 is terrible? its like teh awsome....
fuAWEckSOinMEg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fuAWEckSOinMEg
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Well, you seem to be a PC gamer, therefor you're used to PC shooters, which are, in most cases, superior. Console users, on the other hand, will find Halo 3 to be an "amazing" game, due to the fact that they have probably never experienced a game as polished as Half-Life 2, for example.firefly026

In most cases? Try in EVERY case. :D

In all honesty, since GS gave bioshock a 9 (I thought it should've been a low 8 or high 7, due to the fact that there was NO challenge whatsoever in the game, without the vita chambers, that would've been one of the best games of the year for me), halo 3 should've been somewhere around a 6. =P

Orcishman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Orcishman05
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
I think the first Halo was the closest thing Console FPS's took towards a revolution at the time and Halo 2 was just its sequel. Halo 3 I think is best when it is just used to finish the story which I think is a great story about mankinds struggle against a overwhelming alien coalition. Thus, the 4 player online co-op. Other than that, what erks me about halo is how hard it is to kill things, its rediculous. Seems the only effective weapons are tank guns or rockets. I don't care how much armor or shields you have or if you are The Master Chief, just a Marine or just an Alien, you should not be able to weather fire from a .50 cal mounted gun. Period.
coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 coolmonkeykid
I know most of you are not jealous but...it must be annoying seeing halo 3 on the news, in public etc..
coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coolmonkeykid
I know most of you are not jealous but...it must be annoying seeing halo 3 on the news, in public etc..
SonKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SonKev
Member since 2007 • 552 Posts

I just played it and....

The game is "meh" at best. Graphics are terrible, worse that the graphics of the source engine which is 3 years old. I thought it was halo 2 at first...game finding thing is exactly the same. Same little kids screaming on the mic. Gameplay is the same, u pretty much run around spraying until the enemy dies, and if someone is behind you, you cannot turn around fast enough to kill them. You start with an assualt rifle which isn't long ranged, so you just run at the enemy. There is massive auto aim just like in halo 2. I havent played halo in 2 years and yet I came in 2nd in one of the matches. New vechiles are ok I guess. I only played 2 maps. Will update later. Mircrosoft pays game reviewer to give it high reviews btw, or the reviewers are just fanboys. Even though this game has huge hype, pc games are still superior in every form.coolmonkeykid

LOL...This is how every cons0le game is... How else do you think you can please the simple minded?

j2maria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 j2maria
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Well, you seem to be a PC gamer, therefor you're used to PC shooters, which are, in most cases, superior. Console users, on the other hand, will find Halo 3 to be an "amazing" game, due to the fact that they have probably never experienced a game as polished as Half-Life 2, for example.firefly026

qft

I'm a hardcore pc gamer, and i'm not ashamed to admit I do feel a slight pang of jealousy, but I have heard that halo 3 was "meh" at best. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of halo 1, though not so much halo 2. However, looking at the entire series, I have to say that the most revolutionary of the three would be halo 2, mainly because its multiplayer components shaped what is xbox live today. That being said, halo 3, sporting a relatively simple physics engine, decent at best graphics, meh ai intelligence, and basically halo 2 multiplayer (not saying thats a bad thing, just saying it) don't allow it to come near to being a revolutionary game, yet still gaining some undeserved praise because of the hype.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts
I agree with the topic, i hate auto-aim, i played it at my friends house and got 1st in a match, i hadnt played halo since 2005. I didnt play much of the single player, but i heard it was dissappointing, the graphics were decent except for the anti-ailiasing, they said all 360 games had built in anti ailiasing. thats bullcrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

I just played it and....

You just made my day :)!

To be honest though with the likes of Crysis coming out soon, November i think it is?, the PC gamer has a lot more to look forward to than any console gamer has had this year.

smadarules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 smadarules
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Totally agree to GEnRob !!..I think Halo is just given hype cos its made the xbox console more marketable..Plus its not even close to any of its competitors...I think ppl who dont play FPS on PC should be jealous ..not us..using the joystick to aim is retarded in my opinion...
frizzyman0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 frizzyman0292
Member since 2007 • 2855 Posts
I have a high end pc and a 360. I love halo 3 the GFX are good for a console and it owns.
smokerz911k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 smokerz911k
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts
360 can never match the power of my 8800 gtx :D
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
Who cares? It's the biggest launch in video game history. It deserves some credit for being what it is.
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#25 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
The first Halo was good for it's day but the 2nd sucke arse and the 3rd isn't any better.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

Get real man...

This has to be the stupidest and most rediculous thread I have seen today. A game that literally sold millions today, as well as receiving STELLAR reviews from gamers and professional reviewers alike is actually "terrible"...and the reason they don't know it is becuase they are "console gamers"?

ROFL!

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts

How long since the 1st came out? 5-6 years? They haven't evolved the gameplay anything. Equipment woho! Okay it's an addition but really...cmon

Compare Half-Life 1 vs Half-Life 2 and then Halo 1 vs Halo 3.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

nutcrackr

It's a popularity contest. If you give popular games low scores people won't think your site is credible. I bet Jeff would be fired or atleast penalized if he gave it below an 8.5. I played Halo 3 and its not great at all. The graphics aren't too good, and music doesn't fit often, and the multiplayer servers were down so I was forced to local play. Even then, it's not that good. If you're a fan of Halo, then be my guest.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]

GodLovesDead

It's a popularity contest. If you give popular games low scores people won't think your site is credible. I bet Jeff would be fired or atleast penalized if he gave it below an 8.5. I played Halo 3 and its not great at all. The graphics aren't too good, and music doesn't fit often, and the multiplayer servers were down so I was forced to local play. Even then, it's not that good. If you're a fan of Halo, then be my guest.

That makes sense!

Wait...no it doesn't...

EVERY game reviewing site has given Halo 3 awesome scores. The LOWEST is a 8.8...

Let me guess...it's a conspiracy! And every professional reviewer is in on it! :roll:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halo3?q=halo%203

maden2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 maden2004
Member since 2004 • 688 Posts
man everytime i say gaylo 3 on t.v. i laugh idk why.. and i laugh at the reviewers.. like W.T.F. ... i watched jeff play the game on the first hour man... didnt make want to buy a xbox 360... the only reason i bought an xbox was for raw 2 and fighting games... and im buying an 360 or ps3 for lost odysey or white knight and the new ufc game not gaylo
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="nutcrackr"]

dnuggs40

That makes sense!

Wait...no it doesn't...

EVERY game reviewing site has given Halo 3 awesome scores. The LOWEST is a 8.8...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halo3?q=halo%203

Popularity contest. Game isn't 9.5 worthy compared to PC games. Good for a 360 game. endastory.

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts

Get real man...

This has to be the stupidest and most rediculous thread I have seen today. A game that literally sold millions today, as well as receiving STELLAR reviews from gamers and professional reviewers alike is actually "terrible"...and the reason they don't know it is becuase they are "console gamers"?

ROFL!

dnuggs40

So what you're saying is if a person has a differant opinion then the reviews he's wrong? How can an opinion be wrong?

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dnuggs40

You keep telling yourself that buck-a-roo!

It's a huge conspiracy man!!!! It's just a popularity contest that EVERY SINGLE REVIEWER is in on man! You gotta believe me!!!

ROFL...funny dude...deffinetly funny stuff.

epsylonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 epsylonic
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

I wish Crysis, a game that is actually good, will get some attention on TV. Otherwise average people will look down upon gaming and say wtf are these kiddies playing.

Everytime i see halo 3 on the news they are saying it is a special game because it has great graphics and story... but clearly anyone can tell that its crap

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DarkRecruit

nutcrackr

clearly biased, not saying halo3 is amazing but hey, if its as good as halo 2 was its worth the buy... stop being a fanboyGoobafish

fanboy because he doesn't like a particular game? You know that statement actually makes you the fanboy

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

Get real man...

ROFL!

DarkRecruit

So what you're saying is if a person has a differant opinion then the reviews he's wrong? How can an opinion be wrong?

Because opinions are not all equal. Opinions can be:

-Formed from educated observation

-Formed out of ignorance

-The person may have terrible taste (a person who says Big Rigs is "teh best game eva!" has bad taste for instance)

-Made with alot of thought and research

-Contain bias that would cause the integrity of the opinion into question (if I hate RTS games, would you trust my opinion on Starcraft?)

So you see, young padawans...just becuase it is your opinion doesn't make it worth jack ****!

And looking at his post, I can see his "opinion" suffers from:

a) bias

and

b) ignorance

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DarkRecruit
[QUOTE="DarkRecruit"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

Get real man...

ROFL!

dnuggs40

Because opinions are not all equal. Opinions can be:

-Formed from educated observation

-Formed out of ignorance

-The person may have terrible taste (a person who says Big Rigs is "teh best game eva!" has bad taste for instance)

-Made with alot of thought and research

Contain bias that would cause the integrity of the opinion into question (if I hate RTS games, would you trust my opinion on Starcraft?)

So you see, young padawans...just becuase it is your opinion doesn't make it worth jack ****!

And looking at his post, I can see his "opinion" suffers from:

a) bias

and

b) ignorance

He played it, didn't like it. How's that ignorant and biased? You are who is biased ,by calling his opinion biased and iggnorant, towards halo 3.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

how are consoles for the simple minded?

anyways Halo 3 rocks got it last night. Im also a pc gamer, i think its better than Hal life 2, i found that boring. Halife 1 was way better.

imo its very good great gfx and gameplay and online

this is a exxtreme fanboy post lol

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

It's a huge conspiracy man!!!! It's just a popularity contest that EVERY SINGLE REVIEWER is in on man! You gotta believe me!!!

dnuggs40

Well to be fair Dnugga they did the exact same thing for Oblivion.. And to alot of people including my self, the vanilla version was absolute crap.. How one could call it a rpg is beyond me and many others because it didn't have many elements. Now this is not saying Halo 3 is bad, over-rated.. IMO yes.

ZeRoIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZeRoIV
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

I just played it and....

WEll thats ur opinion I will have my own and so will everyone else

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

sSubZerOo

Well to be fair Dnugga they did the exact same thing for Oblivion.. And to alot of people including my self, the vanilla version was absolute crap.. How one could call it a rpg is beyond me and many others because it didn't have many elements.

Gears of War sucked too. If people stopped hyping reviews and played games with no regard to scores or popularity, things would be a little bit different today.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

I spent all last night playing it with a buddy who dragged me to the 12am opening. We played it all the way through (on Heroic) and I was somewhat impressed but I didn't find it phenomenal either.

What I liked about it -

1. The AI appeared quite intelligent using grenades for flushing you out of cover while working together as a team.

2. The gunplay was enjoyable - in coop (I didn't play solo so I couldn't say)

3. A nice graphic upgrade; there were soft shadows, bloom, and other graphical features which provided an enjoyable experience.

4. The quad vehicle - that was fun to ride

5. Positive and Negative - Musical score was great, but at times it felt out of place

6. The environments were rich and well-created; from the city scape to the jungles.

What I didn't like

1. In regards to gameplay (minus the AI) it didn't seem much was changed, it felt like all the previous halos and I had the feeling of "been there done that."

2. The new covenant vehicles seemed out of place (possibly because the brutes took over) and were not of the sleek look that I was used to. Only a minor gripe really.

3. The story was kinda "meh" I didn't feel much excitement waiting for the next plot line to unfold

4. Minor Gripe - several times every level Cortana would come up on your screen and start babbling about something.

5. Multiplayer feels exactly like Halo 2

If I were a professional reviewer i would say it deserves an 8.0 to an 8.5, but I'd probably give it an 8.5. Again, I enjoyed the experience but I wasn't "wowed" all too much.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

sSubZerOo

Well to be fair Dnugga they did the exact same thing for Oblivion.. And to alot of people including my self, the vanilla version was absolute crap.. How one could call it a rpg is beyond me and many others because it didn't have many elements. Now this is not saying Halo 3 is bad, over-rated.. IMO yes.

I didn't like Oblivion either, but that doesn't mean it's not a fantastic game. They just didn't make a very good Elder Scrolls game, and left their hardcore RPG roots.

It still is a AAA...just one that people like me and you will not like.

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DarkRecruit

[QUOTE="coolmonkeykid"]I just played it and....

The game is "meh" at best. Graphics are terrible, worse that the graphics of the source engine which is 3 years old. I thought it was halo 2 at first...game finding thing is exactly the same. Same little kids screaming on the mic. Gameplay is the same, u pretty much run around spraying until the enemy dies, and if someone is behind you, you cannot turn around fast enough to kill them. You start with an assualt rifle which isn't long ranged, so you just run at the enemy. There is massive auto aim just like in halo 2. I havent played halo in 2 years and yet I came in 2nd in one of the matches. New vechiles are ok I guess. I only played 2 maps. Will update later. Mircrosoft pays game reviewer to give it high reviews btw, or the reviewers are just fanboys. Even though this game has huge hype, pc games are still superior in every form.ZeRoIV

WEll thats ur opinion I will have my own and so will everyone else

Thanks for stating the obvious

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

GodLovesDead

Well to be fair Dnugga they did the exact same thing for Oblivion.. And to alot of people including my self, the vanilla version was absolute crap.. How one could call it a rpg is beyond me and many others because it didn't have many elements.

Gears of War sucked too. If people stopped hyping reviews and played games with no regard to scores or popularity, things would be a little bit different today.

And you suffer from:

a) bad taste

and

b) delusions

:)

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

dnuggs40

I didn't like Oblivion either, but that doesn't mean it's not a fantastic game. They just didn't make a very good Elder Scrolls game, and left their hardcore RPG roots.

It still is a AAA...just one that people like me and you will not like.

Leaving hardcore roots by meaning it could be beaten by a 8 year old.. Then yes. And no it wasn't a fantastic game.. It lacked every characterstitic that makes a rpg a rpg.. Character devolpment? Non existient in the end your skill chocies did not matter because they will all be maxed out.. Nor did leveling do a single thing for your character.. Challenge? Absolutely none except by a linear slider where eveyrthing because the same generic difficulty.. Dialogue? More like listening, you had no choices what so ever.. Story? None worth speaking of.. Exploriation? None 95% of everything was randomized dungeons based on your level.. I am sorry but this is the one game that I say is garbage.. Consquences? Absolutly none.. Baldur's Gate 2 had more depth then this game by a lng shot.I tend to agree with most reviews even if I dislike the game.. But not Oblivion what so ever.

And this is coming from a perosn that plays just about all forms of RPG's.

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarkRecruit
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

dnuggs40

And you suffer from:

a) bad taste

and

b) delusions

Bad taste because he has differant taste then you? Just stop dude....

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

dnuggs40

And you suffer from:

a) bad taste

and

b) delusions

Bad taste? I'm sorry I don't enjoy covering, shooting, covering, shooting, for 7 hours. What an amazing game. =\. Let's see. It's short, repetitive, too easy, laggy multiplayer, ect. You know what, you're right! It's perfect!