PC Game Like Grand Turismo 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tASE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tASE1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hey people, im looking for a game on PC that would have the same characteristics as Grand Turismo 4, which are (but not only), good graphics, "Campaign" mode (win races, unlock event, garage, stuff like that, progression into the game), multi-type car driving (Being able to drive alot of cars was awsome, from a Golf to a F1) and also some mix being offroad driving, world known circuits and country road driving.

So i've seen many games, i've tried the GTR2 Demo, it seems that game is too oriented to touring cars, im looking for something with a wide range of type of cars, and a game where you progress in it, not just midlessly racing for no goal (Championship mode like)

Any comments and suggestions are welcomed, thanks for reading!

warhawk0816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 warhawk0816
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
I not sure but I think you can get DiRT. There is a demo somewhere in the downloads section on this site.
tASE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tASE1
Yea I saw DiRT, the demo doesn't work, and i've read on thier forums that the game has an awfull coding, you need like a 3ghz/4gbRAM/GT8800XT to run on medium graphics, and im not sure if it's really a progressive game, like I want to have to work to get cars, work from the bottom up.
QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 QuattroRS6
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/gtr2/index.html?sid=6159524 That might be up your alley and its cheap and should run on whatever your running.
tASE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tASE1

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/gtr2/index.html?sid=6159524 That might be up your alley and its cheap and should run on whatever your running.QuattroRS6

So i've seen many games, i've tried the GTR2 Demo, it seems that game is too oriented to touring cars, im looking for something with a wide range of type of carstASE1

Already tried it.

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuattroRS6
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts

I dont really think there is one single pc game like Gran Turismo if you really want that you might end up buying a ps3 and gt5 when it comes out. For a PC gamer you would need multiple games to get all of what you want. For how cheap it can be gotten for i would still try gtr2.

Wont let me edit original msg :(

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
Im defo gonna have to pickup a PS3 for the top gear track in GT5 now that the PS3 has a price drop this christmas to £299.
tASE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tASE1

Well im just looking for a racing game that has a goal, like get a better car, go up the ladder in tournaments and events, and not just race over and over the same thing.

Im going to try Sega Rally Revo when it comes out, anyone got anything other than GTR2 to propose ?

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I would get Forza 2 but it's an Xbox game.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 animateria
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts

I would get Forza 2 but it's an Xbox game. Deihmos

Why bother mention it then?

Anyways... I don't think Sega Rally Revo or Dirt are simulation games at all.

PC seems to focus more on race car driving sims than regular car driving sims for some reason.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

[QUOTE="Deihmos"]I would get Forza 2 but it's an Xbox game. animateria

Why bother mention it then?

Anyways... I don't think Sega Rally Revo or Dirt are simulation games at all.

PC seems to focus more on race car driving sims than regular car driving sims for some reason.

Well there isn't any recent game on computers like it and I don't think they ever had any. Good racing games on computers is a dying genre if you ask me. Might as well get a console for them.

perfection1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 perfection1000
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
Try GTR 2 or of you have a 360, Forza Motorsport 2.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Most racing games on PC are either super-sims or arcade racers... there is really nothing I can think of in between like Gran Turismo.

Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed is one of the only ones I could say would come close... but is very old, dated and has trouble running on newer computers. I still think the game is great though.
acidbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 acidbite
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts

Need for speed underground 2? :S

You really cant find any game to compare with GT series, GT series are simply one of the best racing games ever made.

Greg_888_v8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Greg_888_v8
Member since 2005 • 3881 Posts
duuuuude, get GTR2 and Rfactor look them up and research
tASE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tASE1
I've tried GTR 2, it's just racing, there is no progress, you dont get better cars or you dont move on into harder races, it's just setup your race and race it.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
GTR2
poopshanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 poopshanks
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts

hey i dont think anyone has listed Live For Speed yet. its a free game that has a wide range of cars (not toooo many but enough) and it is more realistic than GT4 in my opinion. it also has online play. check it out www.liveforspeed.net and if that dusnt work just search live for speed on google

i suggest trying it out as it is really fun to pick ur favorite car and then tune it to your liking whether its just for crusing or drifting or racing... w/e u want

iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts
If you like simulation-style games, then GTR2 is the best pc racing game available. I found it to be pretty boring myself, which led me to the realization that I prefer games that lean toward arcade-style racing. I love the Gran Tourismo games, but truthfully, there's really nothing comprable on the pc. There are some fun arcade-style racing games for the pc, however: Check out any of the recent Need for Speed games. Dirt is also fun. Flatout 1 and 2 are great demolition games. The Trackmania games are really fun too. Each of the games I've mentioned offer something different. As a fanboy of Gran Tourismo, the games I mentioned are really fun, imho. But, don't expect Gran Tourismo from them. They are their own entities.
TheCrapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 TheCrapp
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts
Yep is like ihwokojance said, there are plenty of cool racing games for PC but not like Gran Turismo, and i know the Gran Turismo carrer modecuz i had and played the 1 and 2versions on the PS, where you manage money to buy from the baddest and lowest used cars, to the fastest and newest ones, and racing from sunday leagues to endurance races...so if i were you, i would considerto findanother kind of racing game for the PC, but, i found some games that are close to the Gran Turismo experience, like Need for Speed Underground 1 or 2, and Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed...as for the rest, but not like gran turismo let me recommend you Dirt, Toca Race driver 3, ehm, Test Drive?, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, and GTR2...