This topic is locked from further discussion.

superdance14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 superdance14
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

I'm looking into a new PC and I've learned that it's cheaper to build your own. However, I am entirely incompetent on hardware and such. So I have three questions:

1. Where would be a good place to buy a custom PC?

2. When is the right time to do this?

3. What kind of specifications should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

I'm looking into a new PC and I've learned that it's cheaper to build your own. However, I am entirely incompetent on hardware and such. So I have three questions:

1. Where would be a good place to buy a custom PC?

2. When is the right time to do this?

3. What kind of specifications should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

superdance14
Which country do you live in? By the fact you expect everyone to know iam guessing America! :P
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
1. Depends where you live. 2. Every time is the wrong time, what ever time you choose your PC will be worth half as much in 6 months. 3. Depends on your budget.
superdance14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 superdance14
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

1. I live in America, I'm looking for an online store preferably.

2. Last time I bought a computer, within a month is was discontinued and replaced.

3. If possible, less than $1000, but I'm willing to go a little over.

jtschmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jtschmitz
Member since 2009 • 293 Posts

It is really personal preference as far as which custom builder to go with. As far as what kind of computer to build, it really depends on if you want a "gaming" machine or a more all around machine. Check out my True Gamer 200 (see sig) as an example for a less than $1000 system. If I was to buy a custom computer not from my self, I would chose Puget Systems, or Veloctiy Micro. But that is just from personall research, many pepople go with ibuypower as you can find their systems on newegg.com and the like.

kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
I realize that you're not really looking to assemble it yourself, but it's worth considering. You'll save some extra money, you get the experience in how a computer works, and you get the satisfaction of a job well done. It may seem intimidating, but the components are designed so that it takes zero skill to assemble a computer yourself. The parts in a computer may seem delicate, but they're not going to crumble in your hands. Everyone here who builds obviously started with almost no experience, so don't sweat it; we were all there at some point. So what do you think? Gonna take a shot at a rewarding experience?