This topic is locked from further discussion.

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

Want to build my own, budget is 1200usd, what do you advise? everything needed accept monitor.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VjzxK8

Here is a micro atx build I spit balled together with a 4690k intel, 8gb ram.. That is ready for moderate overclocks on cpu and gpu.. Case wise I just chose the case I am currently using and I enjoy it.. If you do not like cube cases you can go for a Fractal R5, NZXT H440, etc etc.. The hard drive set up needs some explaining.. It is my current set up.. I have the OS and everything on my WD black drive.. I use the Intel Rapid Storage technology that turns my 64gb ssd into a giant cache for my disk drive.. What this does is dramatically boost OS boot up times to near SSD levels while doing the same thing for commonly used programs like games.. Another set up would be worth look at is Raid 0 two SSHD's together.. These options would get maybe 70% to 80% of the read performance of SSD while not having to worry about filling up space.. The problem with your budget is you really can't afford a 500gb ssd which imo is the only time I would recommend going to that.. Sure you can get a small ssd for your OS, but your still going to put all your games on the hard drive, meaning your stuck with hard drive speeds.. These two options imo are superior to that because you not only get the OS boost due to these two systems, but it will also boost any commonly used programs or games on your system.. ALL automated.. Meaning you do not have to worry about running out of space on your ssd..

This set up also includes a OEM of Windows 8.1 all for under $1200.. At this price range I would recommend either the ATI 390x or the 970 GTX...

The case will have really good air flow with 200mm intake fan, and two 120mm acting as either exhausts or intakes as well.. The great thing I like about the thermaltake case is the fact of how customizable it is.. You can literally swap all for case sides around to which ever way you please.. You can have your motherboard facing up, facing the typical on the side.. Or even upside down if you want!.. Furthermore it has one of the best dust systems I have seen.. With a giant dust filter in the front that is easily cleanable.. As well as two exterior magnetic dust filter mats you can take off in a second to clean.. It also uses a rail system for fans.. in which you can attach on these rails 4x 140 or 4x 120mm fan's..

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By highlander0659
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

To keep you well within budget I would go with this build (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8rwJWZ)... You have plenty of processing power here along with a good graphics card and plenty of RAM. To save money, you may forego the optical drive. Also, if you are into overclocking, I suggest getting a K series processor with an after market CPU cooler. However, if that is not something you plan on doing the current configuration should be fine.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@SrgtSaggy101:

Ffs read the damn sticky!!!!