snake8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 snake8877
Member since 2011 • 117 Posts

Hey ppl i would love if you can recomend me some games for pc hat has dinamic loot ( I,E it shows on the character ) thats not a tactical one, i just jumped to pc gamming so im quite blinded with games for it .

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@snake8877 said:

Hey ppl i would love if you can recomend me some games for pc hat has dinamic loot ( I,E it shows on the character ) thats not a tactical one, i just jumped to pc gamming so im quite blinded with games for it .

So just to be clear, the only thing you're looking for is equipment that is displayed on the character model? If that's the case then there are tons of games. Divinity Original Sin, Diablo 3, etc.

-Byshop

snake8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 snake8877
Member since 2011 • 117 Posts

@Byshop: first love the SKI monster :P not only that , and i forgot to mention , more like dark souls meets wastland 2 or something along any of those 2 lines. The diablo-esque games are off the table since im waiting for lost ark for that fix

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Does Borderlands 2 count?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@snake8877 said:

@Byshop: first love the SKI monster :P not only that , and i forgot to mention , more like dark souls meets wastland 2 or something along any of those 2 lines. The diablo-esque games are off the table since im waiting for lost ark for that fix

Thanks. I made it myself taking screen grabs from SkiFree.

Juub1990's suggestion of Borderlands 2 is a good one. When someone says "loot games" I think random loot and Borderlands 2 has a pretty deep random loot system. Dark Souls has some pretty cool equipment, but I wouldn't really call it a loot game because with the exception of a few random mob drops everything you find in those games is pre-determined. Diablo and Borderlands are the best examples of loot games I can think of.

-Byshop

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile are all great.

I've sunk in 100 hours or more into each of those games. Path of Exile is free so definitely download that asap.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I've had fun with Grim Dawn.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

@snake8877:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile are all great.

I've sunk in 100 hours or more into each of those games. Path of Exile is free so definitely download that asap.

@-wildflower- said:

I've had fun with Grim Dawn.

+1.

Although these games are more like Diablo...

ps: I got like 2k hours in Diablo 3, 1,5k hours in poe, 100+ hours in Torchlight 2 and I just recently bought Grim Dawn, which I found veeeeery interesting...

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Lords of the Fallen...it's basically Dark Souls and a pretty good game to boot. If you ever change your mind about the "no diablo-like games" thing def check out Grim Dawn.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Do you mean isometric action RPG or not?

If yes, like people have suggested, Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile.

If not, Dark Souls (1 and 2) are your strongest choices. Also Dark Souls 3 coming in few months.

@Byshop said:

Juub1990's suggestion of Borderlands 2 is a good one. When someone says "loot games" I think random loot and Borderlands 2 has a pretty deep random loot system. Dark Souls has some pretty cool equipment, but I wouldn't really call it a loot game because with the exception of a few random mob drops everything you find in those games is pre-determined. Diablo and Borderlands are the best examples of loot games I can think of.

-Byshop

Having pre-determined loot makes the loot guaranteed meaningful. In random loot games there's so much shitty junk all over the game that it's not even funny anymore. You rarely find anything worth while. Some games combine these, making some bigger loot static, and some smaller loot random. What i do like about Dark Souls the most, is the rare drops from enemies, wich are ofcourse pre-determined, but you might not see most of it with first playthrough.