Opinion on Choice?"Gpu"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for KILLERJAK702KA
#1 Edited by KILLERJAK702KA (976 posts) -

So did I make the right choice on buying a Asus GTX 760 overall price after rebate is 239.99... compared to the Radeon 270x price of 249.99 for the cheapest .... choose Asus cause the length of the card is 8.6 inch compared to most cards 9.5 inch considering my tower is not huge and my 4890 is a behemoth long and barely fit in my case... plus the new Amd 265 just wasn't cutting it for me to wait .... so your guys thoughts if I made the perfect choice? :)

Avatar image for insane_metalist
#2 Posted by insane_metalist (7797 posts) -

You made a good choice. GTX 760 is best bang for a buck for a mid range GPU atm.

Avatar image for KILLERJAK702KA
#3 Posted by KILLERJAK702KA (976 posts) -

@insane_metalist:

Ya its been years since I've upgraded, this past Dec is when I got my new rig and was so out of it on which GPU to go for this generation of games the 4890 lasted me all last gen and some of the new gen stuff but it can no longer keep up with the new games... I throw at it and wanted a good DX 11 card that could keep up for a good 2-3 years maybe a little longer ... Im happy with high to ult settings at 30fps+ 1080p for this Coming Generation especially for games like Titanfall ...

Avatar image for insane_metalist
#4 Edited by insane_metalist (7797 posts) -

@KILLERJAK702KA said:

@insane_metalist:

Ya its been years since I've upgraded, this past Dec is when I got my new rig and was so out of it on which GPU to go for this generation of games the 4890 lasted me all last gen and some of the new gen stuff but it can no longer keep up with the new games... I throw at it and wanted a good DX 11 card that could keep up for a good 2-3 years maybe a little longer ... Im happy with high to ult settings at 30fps+ 1080p for this Coming Generation especially for games like Titanfall ...

She'll serve you well next 2-3 years as long as you treat her nicely. It's a good thing you got a 760 instead of 270x. 760s overclock nicely and they're a bit more powerful. Although I heard Asus edition isn't so good for overclocking. But you should still be able to get 70+ on the core and A LOT on memory. Good thing about Asus edition is they're silent and it's a trusted brand, enjoy your new toy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
#5 Posted by deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9 (7779 posts) -

Yes the 760 is the better card. Crazy that it's cheaper than the 270 there...

Avatar image for PredatorRules
#6 Edited by PredatorRules (12120 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

You made a good choice. GTX 760 is best bang for a buck for a mid range GPU atm.

This.

Avatar image for KILLERJAK702KA
#7 Edited by KILLERJAK702KA (976 posts) -

@Postmortem123: ya I went everywhere and every website since December to compare and finally set my eyes on neweggs price which was cheaper then everyone best buy,tiger,Fry's,ect. Was like f it im taking it before it either sells out or gos up in price ... As most cards that should be a lot cheaper are way overpriced ..

Avatar image for mastershake575
#8 Posted by mastershake575 (8497 posts) -

GTX 760 is really the only card under $300 that worth a damn.

Due to mining + shortage even before mining, AMD"s cards (even the sub $200) are extremely overpriced and NVidia hasn't had to drop prices on cards such at the GTX 660 since there's no competition.

The Asus GTX 760 offers performance of a stock GTX 670/7970 and is only 7-9% slower than a 280x ($240 for stock 7970/GTX 670 performance is a good deal).

Avatar image for BygByron3
#9 Edited by BygByron3 (5572 posts) -

ASUS, EVGA, and MSI all make amazing GTX 760s. They are great cards for the price.

Avatar image for ionusX
#10 Posted by ionusX (25760 posts) -

@insane_metalist:

@insane_metalist said:

You made a good choice. GTX 760 is best bang for a buck for a mid range GPU atm.

(assuming you dont want to buy used or older gen that is)

Avatar image for insane_metalist
#11 Posted by insane_metalist (7797 posts) -

@ionusX said:

@insane_metalist:

@insane_metalist said:

You made a good choice. GTX 760 is best bang for a buck for a mid range GPU atm.

(assuming you dont want to buy used or older gen that is)

Why would I want to buy used/older gen card for the same price..?

Avatar image for mastershake575
#12 Posted by mastershake575 (8497 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

@ionusX said:

@insane_metalist:

(assuming you dont want to buy used or older gen that is)

Why would I want to buy used/older gen card for the same price..?

I'm guessing he's referring to a used GTX 670 since AMD used card prices are well above midrange currently and there's no way a used 680 can be found for $250 or under.

GTX 760 is for sure the best bang for your buck in the midrange bracket (best you could possibly hope for is a used 670 for the same price that's 6-10% faster than the 760, that's hardly worth mentioning/going through the trouble of finding).

Avatar image for insane_metalist
#13 Posted by insane_metalist (7797 posts) -

@mastershake575 said:

@insane_metalist said:

@ionusX said:

@insane_metalist:

(assuming you dont want to buy used or older gen that is)

Why would I want to buy used/older gen card for the same price..?

I'm guessing he's referring to a used GTX 670 since AMD used card prices are well above midrange currently and there's no way a used 680 can be found for $250 or under.

GTX 760 is for sure the best bang for your buck in the midrange bracket (best you could possibly hope for is a used 670 for the same price that's 6-10% faster than the 760, that's hardly worth mentioning/going through the trouble of finding).

That's what I'm saying.. OC 760 just a little bit and you've got a 670.