Online multiplayer coming to Bugbear NCG: Wreckfest!

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OnionGulch
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

Bugbear has said they hope to have new Build ( #6 ) out sometime next week if things go OK, no snags.

New Build going have online multiplayer. :)

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5782.0.html

Jori Virtanen

A taste of things to come:

Today we tested real deal online multiplayer with two new game modes, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. They need tweaking, sure, but they're here, and they work!

In addition, we now have road side spectator cameras so you can watch how the rest of the race proceeds.

All this makes the next build worth the wait, no? :)

Good times, good times \o/

Here pic of newest car being added to NCG:

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OnionGulch

It been a long wait since July for the next build, but BUILD #6 is now out. With real deal online multiplayer!! :D

Also Bugbear has decided on an official name for NCG: Wreckfest.

Go here for details on the new build:

Build #6 Live! Official Name Revealed, Multiplayer Introduced

( right click pic, select View image to size pic to browser )

Where Wreckfest really shines is online derbys with all that great eye candy going on! :D Will post a video in a couple days of the carnage online. :)

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OnionGulch

After a long 9 month wait, Build #7 finally got release at the end of June. Build needed a few hotfixes, but now Build #7 pretty stable online. Bugbear added a couple of new cars and Team racing mode and a bigger oval to race and derby on.

Loading Video...

Modding been taking off at Bugbear forum, we have our own modding section where you can learn how to skin the cars. I just got this Mountain Dew skin a couple of weeks ago:

Custom Skins Thread

[quote=lobsterfran]

A Mountain Dew skin, as requested.

Plus, I did a "44" version, just for you.

[/quote]

And here my first try at doing a custom skin, wanted car to look like it was going to a derby here at the Yakima Speedway 4th July derby:

No Caption Provided

I also got involved with the modding of Wreckfest. With some help from the community I was able to do some new startpoints and create a Cops and Robbers mod for Wreckfest. :)

Cops and Robbers mod online Saturday, Aug 29th

Here some video of Saturdays event:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

We got an update from Bugbear Dev Saturday what Bugbear up to now:

[quote=Purple44]

Just took a break from Mad Max to check the forums and found this over at Steam:

any one heard from bb latly

[quote=jannesBB]Sorry for the slow news month, guys, we're of course still here. I'll post a proper blog piece next week, but I can tell you that for the past week or so (now that the majority of our team is back) we've been taking a good look at what we have now and penning a rough roadmap based on what we feel is important.

* Visual quality: We're still not happy at where we are now and in order to avoid putting in even more temporary stuff we want to improve the visuals before more content is added. We've already made some promising progress on this front.

* Tracks: Some brand new tracks are being worked on, but it's still early in regards to those. Work is also continuing on Sandpit to improve and polish it to meet our final target quality.

* Handling: While we made some good progress in the last build, we've still to reach our target. Judging by all the feedback we've received, it seems like most of you guys agree on this. We're pretty sure our physics engine is already up to the task in regards to features, but we need to learn how to utilize the engine to the maximum.

* Visual damage: We've already made some improvements on the visual damage to get rid of some of the oddities you've all seen, and more are on the way. We also have some promising ideas on how to make the crashes feel more violent and realistic. Obviously we need to make some compromises in order to keep the framerate playable even with 24 cars, but we're confident that there's still room for improvement.

* Visual customization: We're planning to add a suitable user interface and upgrade parts for one or two vehicles, for starters. This is something that needs to be planned carefully to support multiplayer and modding, but we already have a pretty good idea of how everything will fit together. Also, work has already started on the assets.

* Career: At some point we will introduce the bare bones version of the career with rewards for racing as well as a working parts marketplace and research section. More features will be added gradually.

We also have a pretty interesting prototype running but more about that later... :-) [/quote]

[/quote]

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OnionGulch

Bugbear gave us some holiday cheer today. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/allnews/

Now that Bugbear over the hump getting the new physics to play nice in Wreckfest, development pace starting to pickup. Should be a busy year in 2016 for new content, cars and tracks. :)

We were hoping to see a new car before Christmas, but Bugbear ran out of time. Maybe see a new car or 2 in January. ;)

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8471.0.htmlpost #26

Janne Suur-Näkki ]

Jake97

Sure! We have a couple of new cars in production but just couldn't get either of them to a presentable shape before the holidays.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I kind of forgot about this game, need to download it again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@blangenakker said:

I kind of forgot about this game, need to download it again.

yeah me too. i think i'm redownloading it again when it's 1.0. i wanna save it all till it's in final form.

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OnionGulch

It been a long wait ( over 8 months ) since we got a new car in Wreckfest. The Lawnmover last Nov don't count. :p Bugbear release Build #11 yesterday with the first Asian car to be in the game: :D

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/721/7216996/3023252-5107140936-df6CJ.jpg

I saw that number 44, so I had to get me a purple skin to put on. But I left the car out in the rain and the paint started to rust! I guess I should of use some primer before painting car purple.

Note: 3 these pics show up in edit window but not in my post. :( So had use links for pics.

http://www.lay-zmattress.com/flatout2/purple44/Next%20Car%20Game%202016/asian1-purple.jpg

http://www.lay-zmattress.com/flatout2/purple44/Next%20Car%20Game%202016/asian1-purple2.jpg

Update 2016-03-16: NEW CAR!

Janne Suur-Näkki March 16, 2016

A new update is now live, with following changes:

General:

* Added a new car: Asian 1.

* Improved shifting with sequential and H-shifter.

* Added a button to automatically distribute all available repair points to parts that are in worst condition.

* Reduced part wear rate.

* Improved foliage.

* Fixed mud surface, tweaked off-road surfaces.

* Multiplayer race start should no longer get stuck if someone joins or timeouts during the last seconds.

* Implemented a probable fix for the 64-bit version sometimes crashing when a large amount of (dynamic) tires activated.

* Bots that are manually added now remain on the dedicated server after track rotation.

* Increased server name length limit.

* Improved HUD.

As always, many thanks for your support!

Also while racing online last Sunday, we found a couple of tracks we hope to see in Wreckfest soon: :)

Loading Video...

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OnionGulch

Here couple crash videos by basti4655 that were done with the latest March 23, 2016 Build of Wreckfest:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OnionGulch

The last couple of months has been busy over at Bugbear forum with the release of mod support and Steam Workshop support. :)

Update 2016-04-20: Modding Support!

Update 2016-05-20: Steam Workshop Support + Track Modding

The Bugbear Devs been helping out in the Modding forum with our modding questions and community been helping out too. Go here to take a look the mods that been uploaded to Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/workshop/

You a fan the old Destruction Derby game? Then checkout The Very End Destruction Derby thread.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

And checkout this great model of a 57 Chevy by Dr. Destructo!! :eek:

And here video of the me taking the 57 Chevy for a spin around my reverse GoKart Raceway track:

Loading Video...

If it been awhile since you have gone online with Wreckfest, you might want make plans to do it next weekend at the 24 HOURS OF "Le MASH".....open competiotion with NO player limit ! .

Sat June 25th, 9am Pacific time (12 Pm Eastern, 4pm GMT) till the same time June 26th

We are spreading the word of this event and hope to have Wreckfest hopping next weekend!! Maybe even see some the Devs show up online. :)

You don't have Wreckfest in your Steam library yet and like to give Wreckfest a try? There a Steam summer sale starting June 23. There a good chance you could pickup Wreckfest on sale for $20 or go visit Bugbear web site and get a Wreckfest Steam key for $25.

http://nextcargame.com/

You can tryout Wreckfest for no more than 2 hours and get a Steam refund if you don't have a blast. Also we are expecting Bugbear to release a new Build in the next couple of weeks and hopefully the new Build will come with a new car. We are over due for a new car release.

https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/

Edit: Forgot about this video:

Loading Video...