OMFG !!! FIFA 13 is even better...

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

WOW, I thought it couldn't get better than FIFA12 on PC, but alas, it HAS !!!

Been playing FIFA13 for the past 3 hours and it's amazing.

I've played every FIFA since 94 and this one is probably one of the best.

They have made the graphics engine even better looking, have improved ball physics, added the new "one touch" feature (which is hard to master), made the game even more realistic and even added heaps of more game modes and features.

FIFA FANS, if ur still deciding, stop and go get it.

I'll be waiting online... ;)

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

touchdown

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
I'm really considering getting this. Latest FIFA I have is 08. You're aussie right?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
I'm really considering getting this. Latest FIFA I have is 08. You're aussie right?Twisted14
Yeah mate, Aussie. Get it for sure if your last FIFA was 08....the improvements from FIFA11 to FIFA13 have been mind-blowing. The Online Season Mode (the most popular on PC) is great. It plays out like a real season, with promotions and relegation.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

touchdown

JigglyWiggly_
lol
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I was thinking about passing it over as I'm not into yearly releases, but it does sound like they packed in enough stuff this time aroudn to make it worth my while.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
[QUOTE="Twisted14"]I'm really considering getting this. Latest FIFA I have is 08. You're aussie right?FelipeInside
Yeah mate, Aussie. Get it for sure if your last FIFA was 08....the improvements from FIFA11 to FIFA13 have been mind-blowing. The Online Season Mode (the most popular on PC) is great. It plays out like a real season, with promotions and relegation.

Each year I follow the series to see what's going on but up until the last couple of games. the PC versions never seemed to be the same as the console ones. Not sure if it's my imagination though. Regardless, for the past couple of months I've been really feeling like getting back into a soccer game and 13 is looking great. Not sure when I'll get it as I don't have a lot of cash left in my account (really have to get a job). But yeah I live in Australia as well so if I do buy it, we should play. Don't want to be stuck on a crappy connection with some guy in Uzbekistan.
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

I wish they'd release NHL 13 too.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Really? MMh sounds good for a year-release franchise.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

What noticable changes are there compared to FIFA 12?

Avatar image for Gizmo_kicks_ass
Gizmo_kicks_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gizmo_kicks_ass
Member since 2003 • 2656 Posts
My last FIFA was... 98!!!!
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

mhofever

It's completely different, major changes would be an understatement, try the demo, you'll see in the first second of your first match.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
After playing both games I can say that this FIFA really dissapointed me. PES is better this year, a lot of improvements compared to the previous games.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Twisted14"]I'm really considering getting this. Latest FIFA I have is 08. You're aussie right?Twisted14

Each year I follow the series to see what's going on but up until the last couple of games. the PC versions never seemed to be the same as the console ones. Not sure if it's my imagination though. Regardless, for the past couple of months I've been really feeling like getting back into a soccer game and 13 is looking great. Not sure when I'll get it as I don't have a lot of cash left in my account (really have to get a job). But yeah I live in Australia as well so if I do buy it, we should play. Don't want to be stuck on a crappy connection with some guy in Uzbekistan.

I was the same, and FIFA07-FIFA10 were pretty stale. But since FIFA11, specially with FIFA12 and even more now with FIFA13, EA really have outdone themselves with the PC version. Try the demo, you will buy it for sure.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

mhofever
- Brand new graphics. I dont know if new engine (dont think so) but they look heaps better than FIFA12 (which already looked good) - First Touch: look it up on youtube, it's an awesome idea and makes it more realistic - Better ball physics: now you can even see the ball spinning and what effect it's gonna have when it touches the ground - Better one touch passing - Better player movement - Heaps more Gameplay Modes/Features
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
After playing both games I can say that this FIFA really dissapointed me. PES is better this year, a lot of improvements compared to the previous games.ampiva
PES is great, I normally try both ever year but FIFA still is ahead in 2012-2013. What most puts me off in PES is the lack of licensed clubs as well. And some gameplay aspects are just not there yet.
dreamtheater36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dreamtheater36
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts
I can't wait to play this game
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside
I can't wait to play this gamedreamtheater36
U getting it soon?
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#19 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Does it have a World Cup mode? I would really like to play as Portugal.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

Does it have a World Cup mode? I would really like to play as Portugal.

AjaxNeron
Haven't checked cause I normally play online but I believe it does. It's called something like "World Championship" though cause they don't have the licensing for World Cup till the World Cup actually comes out (and then they release FIFA World Cup Version).
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
When will Mario sports games come to PC? :(
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside
When will Mario sports games come to PC? :(Zubinen
Yes true.... but aren't those really fun with Kinect and Move?
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
[QUOTE="Zubinen"]When will Mario sports games come to PC? :(FelipeInside
Yes true.... but aren't those really fun with Kinect and Move?

Mostly thinking of Mario Tennis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlVoOhnr0k&t=1m52s Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM&t=1m3s
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

After playing both games I can say that this FIFA really dissapointed me. PES is better this year, a lot of improvements compared to the previous games.ampiva

The last good PES was PES6...
Fifa is really good this year...it is more for competitive online type of playing...
OH and PES 13 is a joke...all and i mean ALL players run & move the same...shoot the same...PES is garbage.That dosen't mean FIFA13 is stelar...but is pretty darn good in comparison with PES13.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

BTW... Felippe give me your Origin ID...and lets play some :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="ampiva"]After playing both games I can say that this FIFA really dissapointed me. PES is better this year, a lot of improvements compared to the previous games.rhazzy

The last good PES was PES6...
Fifa is really good this year...it is more for competitive online type of playing...
OH and PES 13 is a joke...all and i mean ALL players run & move the same...shoot the same...PES is garbage.That dosen't mean FIFA13 is stelar...but is pretty darn good in comparison with PES13.

I agree. I just played another hour of FIFA13. WOW, so many improvement over FIFA12 which I didn't think was even possible. The First Touch addition is great because it makes it so much more real and anything can happen in situations. Also the controls feel a lot more fluid. It has it's problems, player tracking is sometimes off and when you want someone to sprint, he sometimes goes the wrong way. But easily a 9/10 from me.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

There is definatly some problems, there still is some rubberbanding for the cpu in SP. First touch i think is hit and miss for me

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

I want Madden on PC, I enjoy watching english football on tv as I am english lol but I don't think it makes a fun game.

Madden is more entertaining as a game for me, it is the only sport game I enjoy for long periods of time.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Actually, I think the best sport games are ones like baseball, golf, tennis.. Ones where not as much is going on and there's not all this physical contact.

It's alot harder to get the AI right for everybody in these other sport games. Just watch the replays in slow mo and see all the retardation that goes on. It's laughable.

And the last good PES was PES5/WE9, btw. That game was more balanced/realistic offence/defense wise. After that it got too arcady with constant end to end play and way too many chances on goal every other second.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside
Anyone else having problems sometimes connecting to other players online? Some days I log in and play 5 matches in a row without an issue....other days it just times out.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
Worse rehash than COD
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside
Worse rehash than CODgamebreakerz__
TIP: Please don't speak when you have no idea what you are talking about, makes you look bad.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Felipe mate i would love to buy the game and kick your ass online (lol), but unfortunately my dad went out and bought the game for the PS3 for my lil brother. :(

I haven't actually played the game yet but it does look very nice and vastly improved. FIFA!!!!!!!!!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

Felipe mate i would love to buy the game and kick your ass online (lol), but unfortunately my dad went out and bought the game for the PS3 for my lil brother. :(

I haven't actually played the game yet but it does look very nice and vastly improved. FIFA!!!!!!!!!

BattleSpectre
Noooooooooooo !!! :p I used to play it on PS3 but can't stand the long loading screens....
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]Worse rehash than CODFelipeInside
TIP: Please don't speak when you have no idea what you are talking about, makes you look bad.

FIFA will probably earn $500 million+ for EA, do you really think they spent even 10% of that making the game? It's always the same old 'bu... bu... teh new features', which probably took them a couple of weeks to make. The highest cost for EA was probably the licensing rights of the players. If they would sell, EA would release new FIFA games every month. They should sell FIFA for $15 or something, full price is an insult.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]Worse rehash than CODgamebreakerz__

FIFA will probably earn $500 million+ for EA, do you really think they spent even 10% of that making the game? It's always the same old 'bu... bu... teh new features', which probably took them a couple of weeks to make. The highest cost for EA was probably the licensing rights of the players. If they would sell, EA would release new FIFA games every month. They should sell FIFA for $15 or something, full price is an insult.

Again, talking out of ur a** With FIFA12 they brought the graphics engine to a complete overhaul (long overdue), they included all the modes from consoles and added some exclusives to PC. The licensing alone costs EA millions + marketing + publishing + distribution. With FIFA13 they added even more game modes and features, as well as new things INSIDE the gameplay (like First Touch). Between FIFA09-FIFA10 I agree it was a bit stale, with only a few additions here and there. With FIFA12 and FIFA13 EA have my respect again because they made the PC version even better than the consoles. Only issue I have is some AI problems while playing (which is natural) and server stability (which gets better each year anyway so one day they'll get it right).
mafia97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mafia97
Member since 2009 • 372 Posts

They have made the graphics engine even better looking, have improved ball physics, added the new "one touch" feature (which is hard to master), made the game even more realistic and even added heaps of more game modes and features.

FelipeInside

Does it support LAN , because fifa 12 didnt support it, and FIFA 11 did, so please do tell

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

mafia97

Does it support LAN , because fifa 12 didnt support it, and FIFA 11 did, so please do tell

I never tried LAN so I can't say for sure, but my guess is no because it uses Origin now, so your friends are on Origin. It has a whole new FRIENDS SEASONS GameMode where you play lots of games vs your friends, and first one to certain points wins the season. Saying that, if you're playing with someone in the same country/city or even better room, then it works perfectly as you would be playing LAN. I sometimes play with a friend who lives 2 hours from my house and the response time is instant as we were playing on the same computer. Only issues I have online is when I play with someone from America or parts of Europe (a bit laggy) but that's always a problem for us Aussies cause we are far away.
mafia97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mafia97
Member since 2009 • 372 Posts

[QUOTE="mafia97"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

I never tried LAN so I can't say for sure, but my guess is no because it uses Origin now, so your friends are on Origin. It has a whole new FRIENDS SEASONS GameMode where you play lots of games vs your friends, and first one to certain points wins the season. Saying that, if you're playing with someone in the same country/city or even better room, then it works perfectly as you would be playing LAN. I sometimes play with a friend who lives 2 hours from my house and the response time is instant as we were playing on the same computer. Only issues I have online is when I play with someone from America or parts of Europe (a bit laggy) but that's always a problem for us Aussies cause we are far away.

OH thats disappointing

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DanielDust
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]Worse rehash than CODgamebreakerz__

You're embarrassing yourself, stop it, it's pathetic.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="mafia97"]

mafia97

OH thats disappointing

Well, that's what most people say when LAN is not included, but you have to stop and think for a second that LAN in Games is a thing of the past. Sure, you'll get the odd game that includes LAN, but these days it's all online. Heck, I think even Starcraft 2 Tournaments are done online now? (I could be wrong on that one). Don't get me wrong, I used to love going to a friends house, carrying my 30 kilo PC and having a LAN session with my friends, but now Internet works just as fast. Like I said before, why use LAN when I can be at home and play at the same speed? There's also the Anti-Piracy thing to consider, and that's another reason LAN is disappearing...
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

What they should really do (in the perfect world) is release these sports games every 2 or 3 years so they could really make some significant changes. In the off years they could offer roster updates for a small fee. Coming out with a new game every year for $60 or whatever is just ridiculous and a turn off. But ppl keep buying them year after year like addicts, so they can get away with it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside

What they should really do (in the perfect world) is release these sports games every 2 or 3 years so they could really make some significant changes. In the off years they could offer roster updates for a small fee. Coming out with a new game every year for $60 or whatever is just ridiculous and a turn off. But ppl keep buying them year after year like addicts, so they can get away with it.

bussinrounds
But they DO make significant changes year by year. FIFA12 was a massive improvement from FIFA11. FIFA13 again great improvement from FIFA12. Same thing happened with FIFA08 which introduced some great things from FIFA07. Also, you pay full price and get Roster updates for years to come so....??
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] TIP: Please don't speak when you have no idea what you are talking about, makes you look bad.

You're embarrassing yourself, stop it, it's pathetic.

Look at a game like Borderlands 2, with dozens of massive open areas, hundreds of quests, literally tens of thousands of guns, grenades, shields, classes and 12 comprehensive skill trees. If 2K released a new game next year with the same maps and characters with a few new modes and quests and a price tag of $60 it would be absurd. This is essentially what happens with FIFA, the same stadiums, teams, players (for the most part) and objectives, with just some new game modes and graphics updates. As far as I can tell from the wikipedia page they have been using the same engine since 2007 with only minor enhancements each year. When you release software which just contains new game modes and features etc. it should be DLC, not a completely new game. You are honestly telling me you don't feel at all milked by paying the full price? I remember when in one of the installments they introduced be a pro where you could just play as one player, and everyone I knew who played FIFA was raving about how cool it was and I'm just like okay.... I can see the appeal but really this was the selling point of a new game? There simply is not enough new content. Look at the amount of content in Skyrim, Fallout etc. and you're telling me they should sell for the same price? Give me a break. I don't like N4G usually but they are spot on when they say "the annual updates that are inherent to the genre are nothing more than cynical plays for consumers' cash with minimal effort on the developer's part."
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]

FelipeInside
But they DO make significant changes year by year. FIFA12 was a massive improvement from FIFA11. FIFA13 again great improvement from FIFA12. Same thing happened with FIFA08 which introduced some great things from FIFA07. Also, you pay full price and get Roster updates for years to come so....??

When consumers accept improvements at $60 a pop you know the gaming industry is going downhill. I can see you're playing GW2. You really think that the amount of content in that game is comparable to FIFA 13-12?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bussinrounds"]

gamebreakerz__

When consumers accept improvements at $60 a pop you know the gaming industry is going downhill. I can see you're playing GW2. You really think that the amount of content in that game is comparable to FIFA 13-12?

I think I'm starting to agree with Daniel here... if ur gonna post at least make sense or we can't take you seriously.

Let me ask you, have you played all the FIFAs from FIFA94 ? I have. If you haven't, you can take that as stop posting and making yourself look like you read Wikipedia and think you know about a game....

EDIT: did I just read you compared an MMO to a Sports Game and said the MMO had more variations and content? Nah, must have been my old eyes seeing things.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DanielDust

Dud you're pathetic, it was obvious from the start that you never played a recent FIFA, just so you don't look as stupid I'll tell you at least about the engine, that was changed during 12 when it received everything consoles had (wasn't the case previously), it was also the year when PC FIFA became THE FIFA version, this year it's the same graphically and feature wise yet again (as in the same as the console version and better, graphics), but gameplay got almost a complete overhaul, especially for keyboard players since there are lots of them even if the optimum choice would be a gamepad.

If you don't care about the game then stop acting stupid based on a source like wiki. Not to mention your next comment that is pretty damn close to being ret***** and made just for the sake of making yourself look even worse, just because.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gamebreakerz__

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] But they DO make significant changes year by year. FIFA12 was a massive improvement from FIFA11. FIFA13 again great improvement from FIFA12. Same thing happened with FIFA08 which introduced some great things from FIFA07. Also, you pay full price and get Roster updates for years to come so....??FelipeInside

I think I'm starting to agree with Daniel here... if ur gonna post at least make sense or we can't take you seriously.

Let me ask you, have you played all the FIFAs from FIFA94 ? I have. If you haven't, you can take that as stop posting and making yourself look like you read Wikipedia and think you know about a game....

EDIT: did I just read you compared an MMO to a Sports Game and said the MMO had more variations and content? Nah, must have been my old eyes seeing things.

I owned 2002, 07 and 08, and have played 12 quite a bit as well. The comparison I drew was simply to show how little content you are really getting for your $60 compared to other games on the market at that price. The fact alone that I played 08 and then 12 and was able to pick it up within a couple of minutes show the lack of actual changes to the gameplay dynamics. Sure, the animations were much better, graphics, sounds, team management but in reality it didn't seem like there were enough changes to warrant 4 games in between. Sure, it's difficult to actually make wholesale changes to sports games because they are limited to by the actual sport, but if you're not going to make huge changes then don't sell the game as a full priced sequel.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gamebreakerz__

Dud you're pathetic, it was obvious from the start that you never played a recent FIFA, just so you don't look as stupid I'll tell you at least about the engine, that was changed during 12 when it received everything consoles had (wasn't the case previously), it was also the year when PC FIFA became THE FIFA version, this year it's the same graphically and feature wise yet again (as in the same as the console version and better, graphics), but gameplay got almost a complete overhaul, especially for keyboard players since there are lots of them even if the optimum choice would be a gamepad.

If you don't care about the game then stop acting stupid based on a source like wiki. Not to mention your next comment that is pretty damn close to being ret***** and made just for the sake of making yourself look even worse, just because.

DanielDust
Got to love the FIFA protection squad. For some reason soccer fans are the most aggravated when you criticize anything about the sport. Some of them even get angry when you call it soccer. "IT'S FOOTBALL!!". Seriously, it's people like you that are ruining the gaming industry. People who eat up gameplay changes and some additional content/modes for $60. No wonder that model is infecting the other developers who are under EA.