Ok so i just wanted to ask something concerning hd dvd

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

Who went out and bought a blu ray now due to the latest announcment?

I'll tell you what I did...I ordered a 360 hd dvd player with planet earth lol! I just thought that it will eventually be rare to find a 360 hd dvd so I wanted to make sure I took full advantage of amazons half price offer (I live in uk).

did i just make a crazy purchase or a good one?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I'll buy a PS3 with the dual shock controller when it's released - what's really sad is that the newest crop of Blu-ray standalone players Sony announced are no better than the PS3, and start at the same price (hell, the bottom one is $400 and only supports profile 1.1).

Planet Earth is great, though, and now that it's ridiculously cheap to buy an HD-DVD player and the series on HD-DVD, there's little reason to avoid it. So long as you don't mind having a potential paperweight if your player dies. We'll see how long my own lasts.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

I'll buy a PS3 with the dual shock controller when it's released - what's really sad is that the newest crop of Blu-ray standalone players Sony announced are no better than the PS3, and start at the same price (hell, the bottom one is $400 and only supports profile 1.1).

Planet Earth is great, though, and now that it's ridiculously cheap to buy an HD-DVD player and the series on HD-DVD, there's little reason to avoid it. So long as you don't mind having a potential paperweight if your player dies. We'll see how long my own lasts.

DJ_Lae

i agree 100% with you. The ps3 is the best blu-ray player and is not much more than the cheapest stand alones. Also hd-dvd players are like 60 bucks with way cheap movies and can also be used as a dvd upscaler.

Avatar image for _Classic_Gamer_
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _Classic_Gamer_
Member since 2007 • 4776 Posts

Who went out and bought a blu ray now due to the latest announcment?

I'll tell you what I did...I ordered a 360 hd dvd player with planet earth lol! I just thought that it will eventually be rare to find a 360 hd dvd so I wanted to make sure I took full advantage of amazons half price offer (I live in uk).

did i just make a crazy purchase or a good one?

nsoufiani

I don't keep up with blu ray, what was the latest announcement you referred to?

travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

Profile 2.0 is an optional standard. Sony Pictures is the only studio likely to put 2.0 compliant features on a BR disc.

I giot a standalone HD DVD player in Nov and am looking forward to amassaing a good sized library for it at cheap prices.

I will get a BR player when the price is right and start that library.

travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

DJ_Lae

It's the internet age, bro. We live in a time when Betamax and Laserdisc players are readily available for purchase still.