Oblivion Patch 1.2.0416 Error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MetalGearSolidZ
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MetalGearSolidZ
Member since 2009 • 497 Posts

When i try and install oblivion patch 1.2.0416 i get this error "oblivion patch old files not found. however, a file of the same name was found. no update done since file contents do not match"i have no idea what the problem is. i searched on google and other places and could not find a solution so if anybody knows what the problem is then please tell me what to do about it

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
It says "Patch old files not found" so did you download the older patches first?
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MetalGearSolidZ

It says "Patch old files not found" so did you download the older patches first?fudgeblood

Do i have to download older patches in order for the newest one to work?

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fudgeblood
Probably, that's how some games do it.
stele29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stele29
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb here..but....do you have the Game of the Year Edition of the game? If so, its already patched.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fudgeblood
That, or the Steam version? Because Steam auto-patches and thus does not require the user to download the patches seperately.
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MetalGearSolidZ

That, or the Steam version? Because Steam auto-patches and thus does not require the user to download the patches seperately.fudgeblood

where would i look to see what version of oblivion i have

Edit

The reason I'm trying to patch (unless it already has the patch) is because some mods on planet elder scrolls says it requires it and the mods aren't working

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fudgeblood

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]That, or the Steam version? Because Steam auto-patches and thus does not require the user to download the patches seperately.MetalGearSolidZ

where would i look to see what version of oblivion i have

Well, if it's the Steam version it'll be on Steam.... and if it's the GoTY edition it'll say on the box, GoTY edition..
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fudgeblood

The reason im trying to patch (unless it already has the patch) is because some mods on planet elder scrolls says it requires it and the mods arent working

MetalGearSolidZ
Maybe you installed them wrong or havn't activated them yet, check data files and make sure they're ticked.
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MetalGearSolidZ

[QUOTE="MetalGearSolidZ"]

The reason im trying to patch (unless it already has the patch) is because some mods on planet elder scrolls says it requires it and the mods arent working

fudgeblood

Maybe you installed them wrong or havn't activated them yet, check data files and make sure they're ticked.

I do make sure they are ticked but say i want to have a race mod i tick it, go to the game and no new races are available and some mods dont even show up in data files when i download them. Other mods how ever like "The Lost Spire" i have no problems with and it works perfectly btw im running vista enterprise i have heard that messes up mods sometimes, also ido not have the GOTY edition

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fudgeblood
Enterprise? Isn't that a buisness version?
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MetalGearSolidZ
Enterprise? Isn't that a buisness version?fudgeblood
its just the latest version of vista, vista in general has problems with mods for oblivion
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fudgeblood
[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]Enterprise? Isn't that a buisness version?MetalGearSolidZ
its just the latest version of vista, vista in general has problems with mods for oblivion

I'm running Vista 32-bit and have absolutely no problems with mods for any games.
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MetalGearSolidZ
[QUOTE="MetalGearSolidZ"][QUOTE="fudgeblood"]Enterprise? Isn't that a buisness version?fudgeblood

I'm running Vista 32-bit and have absolutely no problems with mods for any games.

im running 64bit and sometimes mods dont work and sometimes they do
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

im running 64bit and sometimes mods dont work and sometimes they doMetalGearSolidZ

Exactly. I'm running Vista 64-bit also, and I have delayed reinstalling Oblivion because it is a hassle.

You'll need some utilities such as the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) to Load-Order your mods, and it will list mod conflicts.

You should also install your patches before any mods.

OBMM btw, requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 in order to execute.

Some mods also require that Shivering Isles be installed and activated because the mods use an item from it).

I'm going to give you a couple of links to the publisher's forum: one for Oblivion Hardware & Software Issues, the other for Oblivion Mods. I'm a member, and I have received a lot of game-specific help there.

Oblivion Hardware & Software Issues

Oblivion Mods

MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MetalGearSolidZ

[QUOTE="MetalGearSolidZ"] im running 64bit and sometimes mods dont work and sometimes they dotopsemag55

Exactly. I'm running Vista 64-bit also, and I have delayed reinstalling Oblivion because it is a hassle.

You'll need some utilities such as the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) to Load-Order your mods, and it will list mod conflicts.

Some mods also require that Shivering Isles be installed and activated because the mods use an item from it).

I'm going to give you a couple of links to the publisher's forum: one for Oblivion Hardware & Software Issues, the other for Oblivion Mods. I'm a member, and I have received a lot of game-specific help there.

Oblivion Mods

thanks, i have heard that for vista you needed OBMM but i wasnt sure what it did so ill try that
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MetalGearSolidZ
[QUOTE="MetalGearSolidZ"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]

im running 64bit and sometimes mods dont work and sometimes they doMetalGearSolidZ

Oblivion Mods

thanks, i have heard that for vista you needed OBMM but i wasnt sure what it did so ill try that

After downloading OBMM the race mod which didnt work before is now working so thanks for the post and why do mods not work on 64bit vista without OBMM