Obduction: The sucessor of Myst by Cyan on Kickstarter!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

The Kickstarter Project for Obduction went up yesterday with a goal of 1.1M and already has over 250k in less than 24h.

RPS Article

Obduction official website

Personally I´m really excited about this,Myst is one of my favourite series of all time and I´ve been longing for a new game in the same vein by Cyan,still debating on how much I should pledge though.

Any of you interested in Obduction? Thinking about backing the project yourself? Or isn´t Myst and all games in that vein really your thing?

The artstyle looks fantastic,so far no gameplay yet to show but if it´s anything like Cyan´s old work I think we can rest assured that it will at the very least look amazing and have pretty chalenging and involving puzzles in addition to a pretty good story.

Some screenies:

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Really exciting news,I always enjoyed the Myst games even though they were a bit too hard for me to figure some of the puzzles out sometimes. Looks like they´re gonna make their goal just fine so that´s great.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I was fan of Riven and Myst since the old days before I even had a gaming PC haha. I'll definitely back this.

Seerix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#4 Seerix
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts

I wonder why Gamespot doesn't have a game page for Obduction yet. Neither a whisper in the news even. I'm sure the developers could use the visibility.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

Myst 4 was the pinnacle of the series for me.. beautiful world with good solid puzzles... THanks for the heads up, I will back it up. hoping its like myst 4 and that shite pot myst 5

GreatAndyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By GreatAndyScott
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Definitely backed it! I really want this to happen. The early artwork looks incredible (I pledged to get the Art of Obduction book because I want more images to drool over), and it's nice to support an ambitious project from the old indie game makers again. They still need a lot more contributions to make this happen!