Nvidia's next graphics card series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homebrew197516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 homebrew197516
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
Ok, I have a 8800gtx card and I am wandering what Nvidia will bring out next that will really knock the GTX down a few pegs. I am considering going SLI but will wait if Nvidia are bringing out a GTX killer.
blackstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 blackstar
Member since 2004 • 1252 Posts
I wouldnt consider SLi when it is rumoured than nvidias next gen cards are coming out Q1 of 2008 (Febuary).
elitegeek13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 elitegeek13
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
OMG they will be freaking expensiv though. I've always wondered (and this may sound a little naiive) why all the top end stuff has to cost so much. I've seen 2 grand spend on a single GPU. (i wish the person buying that GPU had been me...)
SSJBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 SSJBen
Member since 2003 • 7071 Posts

OMG they will be freaking expensiv though. I've always wondered (and this may sound a little naiive) why all the top end stuff has to cost so much. I've seen 2 grand spend on a single GPU. (i wish the person buying that GPU had been me...)elitegeek13

It'll most probably be the same price of a single 8800GTX, may reach the price premium of an Ultra too. So for people who are already wanting to buy a GTX now, they'll just be spending a similar amount on Nvidia's next series of cards.

Why does it need to cost so much? To put it bluntly, its mostly to sap out naiveconsumers who absolutely wants the best of everything regardless of price. Its definitely not that Nvidia cannot put the Ultra and GTX at a lower price as prooved by the 8800GT and 8880GTS 512mb.

elitegeek13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 elitegeek13
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
oh, i agree. and i find the GTX stupidly overpriced, as well. But what I'm saying is that, even with the 8800GT, only power users like alot of the people on this forum are going to spend more than it costs for a 360 Core edition for a single card. (I will, im speaking more for a friend of mine.) It's just that it's not available to those people who dont have 2000$ plus to spend on a sweet gaming rig. I just feel that it should be lower priced in order to get more people interested in PC gaming.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
the new series always starts really prices with gtx and a few months later they release gts, then after that gt and really the gt is always teh best buy if u just have some patience
2006toohuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 2006toohuman
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

oh, i agree. and i find the GTX stupidly overpriced, as well. But what I'm saying is that, even with the 8800GT, only power users like alot of the people on this forum are going to spend more than it costs for a 360 Core edition for a single card. (I will, im speaking more for a friend of mine.) It's just that it's not available to those people who dont have 2000$ plus to spend on a sweet gaming rig. I just feel that it should be lower priced in order to get more people interested in PC gaming.elitegeek13

That is not a bad idea to lower the price to get more ppl into gaming. Since microsoft is really pushing this games for windows thing, they should partner up with nvidia and offer a 20% price cut to new graphics card buyers who also have an xbox 360. imagine what that would do for pc gaming. either that or developers don't care how many ppl play their games or not.

dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
SLI will be a bad move, just wait 9 series
homebrew197516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 homebrew197516
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts

I think I will just wait untill the 9 series comes out then.

I will sell my GTX when the time comes, and the money will go toward a top of the line 9 series (if they are any good).