November Game Showdown

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blitzkrieg13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 blitzkrieg13
Member since 2004 • 633 Posts
For those of us not made of money a cruel choice is approaching. UT3 is released on the 19th and Crysis a scant five days prior. Toward which game will our precious $50 dollars go? Should be an interesting showdown.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Both are on preorder for me.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Just crysis, and CoD4.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Both
alpha_company

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 alpha_company
Member since 2004 • 1817 Posts
crysis all the way
Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Rylsadar
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
None

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
lol....jeeves
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
BOTH!
Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Srinivassa
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts
I am the only person buying just UT3? No one sticks by their old friends, huh? This Johnny-come-lately "Crysis" is just better, huh? Isn't that the name of a Sebadoh song? What's the deal? How come so many minds made up already? Does it have a pedigree or something? Built by Gods of gaming? I gotta stick with one of my favorite PC franchises.
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
Just crysis... only cos i also want assassins creed and COD 4 and so can't really be bothered buying UT.
augustoc2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 augustoc2001
Member since 2003 • 105 Posts
iam gonna buy crysis, UT3 and a feeding machine because iam not gonna leave my computer never!!!
2ksuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2ksuperior
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts
CoD 4 -it runs great on my low-end pc
&
Crysis -i can play it on low but its still great fun
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

I am the only person buying just UT3? No one sticks by their old friends, huh? This Johnny-come-lately "Crysis" is just better, huh? Isn't that the name of a Sebadoh song? What's the deal? How come so many minds made up already? Does it have a pedigree or something? Built by Gods of gaming? I gotta stick with one of my favorite PC franchises.Srinivassa

LOLOL :)

Nah, but I played the Crysis demo, and I'd have to say that's the most fun I've gotten from a demo, ever. I'd like to get UT3 also though.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Just crysis... only cos i also want assassins creed and COD 4 and so can't really be bothered buying UT.GenTom
Assassins Creed delayed to 08 for PC platform.
SentientGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 SentientGames

[QUOTE="GenTom"]Just crysis... only cos i also want assassins creed and COD 4 and so can't really be bothered buying UT.OoSuperMarioO

Aww that blows donkey...

Anyway, I'm sooo buying Crysis over Unreal Tournement. Not that Unreal isn't awesome or anything, I'm just not entertained by games that primarily round-based multiplayer anymore. Tournement = Boring! I'll probably barely touch Crysis multiplayer. I'm loving the Crysis single-player demo though. This game is going to be sick!

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4401 Posts

I am the only person buying just UT3? No one sticks by their old friends, huh? This Johnny-come-lately "Crysis" is just better, huh? Isn't that the name of a Sebadoh song? What's the deal? How come so many minds made up already? Does it have a pedigree or something? Built by Gods of gaming? I gotta stick with one of my favorite PC franchises.Srinivassa

One of the reasons why I wouldn't pick up UT3 is because I don't honestly see any differences in the game over the origianl UT, aside from the graphics. Weapons haven't really changed and a few vehicle additions and pretty graphics aren't enough to spark my interest in this franchise anymore.

Crysis feels different then other FPS and offers a new story and possibly new ideas that I haven't experienced before.

I won't be buying Crysis anytime soon because I don't have the spare cash laying around, but at some point in time I'll pick up a copy. I won't bother with UT3, though, ever.

Citan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Citan76
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
There should be a neither option.
blitzkrieg13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blitzkrieg13
I am buying UT3 now and maybe when it is cheaper. UT2k4 is my bread and butter.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts
Call of Duty 4
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

Talk about a landslide popularity vote for Crysis.

Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Srinivassa
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts
Seriously though, people are desperate for games like Diablo 3. That series pretty much stays the same. A bunch of people copy it too, similar to UT. But no one is giving props to UT3? C'mon! Why not? If D3 came out with Witcher and Hellgate, how many people would be only buying D3? I always fail to understand why some series just don't command the fanboyism of others. UT2004 was excellent. The original UT was the first multiplayer shooter to get me interested in the genre. So many other things are just offshoots of UT. I play every other shooter for the single-player experience. UT is the only one that makes me care about multi-player. I know I'm not the only one, but still, you'd think a classic series with a proven engine would command more purchases. Oh well. It's all about hype machines I guess.
Menfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Menfear
Member since 2004 • 1068 Posts
Crysis.
riddo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 riddo123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
CRYSIS!!!!
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Recently cancelled my UT3 preorder because it isn't different enough from UT2k4 for me to spend the time on it... there are too many games coming out in November :) I'll be picking up Crysis if nothing else but for its mod and editor potential... it looks to be a decent game, too :) Call of Duty 4 is my #1 PC game of November, though. I may pick up UT3 around Christmas time, but I doubt it.
ILLMIND07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ILLMIND07
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
how wbout niether you pany assassins creed, COD4 MASS EFFECT.............UT WHAT AND FARCRY PRETTY????????????
SentientGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 SentientGames

Seriously though, people are desperate for games like Diablo 3. That series pretty much stays the same. A bunch of people copy it too, similar to UT. But no one is giving props to UT3? C'mon! Why not? If D3 came out with Witcher and Hellgate, how many people would be only buying D3? I always fail to understand why some series just don't command the fanboyism of others. UT2004 was excellent. The original UT was the first multiplayer shooter to get me interested in the genre. So many other things are just offshoots of UT. I play every other shooter for the single-player experience. UT is the only one that makes me care about multi-player. I know I'm not the only one, but still, you'd think a classic series with a proven engine would command more purchases. Oh well. It's all about hype machines I guess.Srinivassa

I think the problem is that the idea is stagnant. At the current juncture, new stories and gameplay are more exciting for most people then re-hashes of old favorites. Sure the original Unreal Tournement was sweet, but every UT game since has pretty much been the same thing. Not to mention, with barely anything that resembles a solid story, Unreal Tournement is easy to forget. The only really cool thing that stands out in my mind about the Unreal Tournement series is the Redeemer. That's my opinion at least.

I'm far more excited about a beautiful game with an intriguing and well realized gimmick, then a beautiful game with limited gameplay potential and a premise that hasn't evolved at all.

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lidve

CoD 4 -it runs great on my low-end pc
&
Crysis -i can play it on low but its still great fun
2ksuperior

I played both COD 4 and CRYSIS on my low end PC and Crysis on low looks bether than COD 4 on high :P

I also played CRYSIS on HIGH and it looks WAAAAY bether than COD 4 on high.

Verry High i dont want even to try.

Currently i am playing on low/high combination (models,shadows,textures etc = LOW while postprocesing and other eye candies on high ^^ )

darkblade89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkblade89
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

[QUOTE="GenTom"]Just crysis... only cos i also want assassins creed and COD 4 and so can't really be bothered buying UT.OoSuperMarioO

Well that pretty much ruins November for me. I was so excited for Assassins Creed :(

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lidve

how wbout niether you pany assassins creed, COD4 MASS EFFECT.............UT WHAT AND FARCRY PRETTY????????????ILLMIND07

HOW ARROGANT SOME PPL CAN BE.

LET ME TELL U THAT UT3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COD4

What is COD 4 than pretty version of every other COD?

FAR CRY is just made by same ppl as Crysis but other than that and tropical island,i couldnt find anything similar so far.

Crysis >>>>>>> Far Cry

MASS EFFECT = UNREAL NEGINE 3

Sogive a little respect 2 legends,aroggant noob..

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I was planning on buying both until The Orange Box arrived and I played TF2. I no longer have any interest in any other multiplayer shooters. I'm a one game man from now on.

So just Crysis for me. But there's about 3-5 other games out in november that I'm also buying.

blitzkrieg13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blitzkrieg13
Once I got my driver issues in order the UT3 demo blew my mind. I have heard some hating, but seriously the UT folks can make a shooter. I own the original farcry. To be honest I was disapointed by the plot, stretched a bit to thin IMO for the length of the game. However, UT2k4 did not pretend to any plot, only a premise. This is the great thing about UT. It is the Doritos of the gaming world. You are hungry, you sit down and get a blast flavor and return to life. Sometimes you want to get caught up in a game's story like Oblivion, but sometimes you want a blast of action. UT does this in style. Great weapon balancing, fast-pacing, and instant immersion. IMO UT3 is only an improvement on this formula.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I am only getting Crysis.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Both
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts

well for me this choice is easy as I haven't really ever seriously considered UT3. Crysis is already a great game and i've only played 15 minutes or so of it. My game lineup is more like this

CoD4(if its great)

Crysis (definate buy)

Super Mario Galaxy (definate buy)

Assassins Creed (most likely buy)

So i've already got 200+ bucks to spend, that is my quota for the year. I decided since so many good games are coming now, to buy now and have them hold me over for a while

the only other purchase I see happening in that time is far cry 2, if it actually hits its date!

Shegevara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 Shegevara
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts
Crysis. But i'll buy it maybe even later than a half year time. I need to wait for a decent graphics card to run Crysis smooth on high. 16x12.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts

Seriously though, people are desperate for games like Diablo 3. That series pretty much stays the same. A bunch of people copy it too, similar to UT. But no one is giving props to UT3? C'mon! Why not? If D3 came out with Witcher and Hellgate, how many people would be only buying D3? I always fail to understand why some series just don't command the fanboyism of others. UT2004 was excellent. The original UT was the first multiplayer shooter to get me interested in the genre. So many other things are just offshoots of UT. I play every other shooter for the single-player experience. UT is the only one that makes me care about multi-player. I know I'm not the only one, but still, you'd think a classic series with a proven engine would command more purchases. Oh well. It's all about hype machines I guess.Srinivassa

i'm a ut fanboy. and this despite having been a staunch supporter of id software and their games. i held onto a biased belief that quake 3 arena was superior to unreal tournament, until slowly but surely i just had to admit that unreal tournament was the best. and when doom 3 was coming out and unreal tournament 2003 was disappointing, i went back to id fanboyism, until doom 3 was disappointing (relatively) and unreal tournament 2004 kicked arse. after that, i'm 100% behind ut. i hope ut3 is excellent! though i won't purchase it for at least 3 months after its release...

Avatar image for Ted_The_Chemist
Ted_The_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ted_The_Chemist
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts
If I buy either, it will be UT3. Right now I'm really just looking for a multiplayer game, and UT3 is an obvious choice right now. I'll see how much longer the Orange Box holds me over.
123monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 123monkey
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

Both are on preorder for me.zeus_gb

Same, good games!