Nothing else out there exciting, i think i may be right at home. . . (MMO Q&

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

so, I have been searching for a new MMO to invest my time in, and i have come to the conclusion that there is NOTHING ELSE OUT THERE!

I can't seem to find anything really appealing to me. I tried WoW because i was a WoW fan, and that got boring right when i picked it up. only reason i kept going is because my friend told me to try shaman, and i did and loved the class, but after a while, it became boring again.

I have tried some of LOTRO through their trial, and i found it interesting. . . until the tutorial was over and i looked at the world and how dull it looked.

I think really don't see anything else worth trying. from what i heard, Warhammer is just like WoW, so im not so sure if thats worth a try. I have also heard of Age of Conan, but someone told me it plays like guild wars, which is my current MMO.

The only MMOs i haven't looked into right now is Final Fantasy XI, Everquest 2, Lineage II, and City of Heroes.

Is any of these worth looking at, a second look, or should i just stay With Guild wars?

_CASEY02_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 _CASEY02_
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

WotLK is definatly worth trying again in my opinion, I had stopped in October of '08 and just started playing again on northrend with my rogue and I'm lovin' it. I'm lvl 72 atm and gonna try out Dragonblight tomorrow. Just wish my rogue could be on a PvP server 'cause PvP is what I live for and theres none out here.

EDIT: I will try the Warhammer Online free trial when it comes out though, just for the sake of it.

Side note: Woot Steelers! Nice catch Holmes.

_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 _rpg_FAN
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts

Guild Wars is not MMO its more like Online RPG (something like Diablo 2 and such)

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Give Tabula Rasa a shot http://www.playtr.com/index.html

Their closing the game down soon in like a couple of months so game is total free to download and play.

Also might want to sign up to darkfall beta mmo looks promising.

5TeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 5TeN
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
Id have to agree with Sleepyz, DarkFall looks pretty promising. Getting a lot of hype. Im currently playing WoW and loving it, just gotta play it in moderation so you dont get bored. - 5TeN
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Eve online?
Avatar image for ThWorldGreatest
ThWorldGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThWorldGreatest
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
WoW is boring as hell when you first start but when you're lvl 14+ it's fun , doing instances with people is ton's of fun.
RingX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RingX5
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts
Out of the 4 mmo's u listed, EQ2 is prolly the most complete mmo, and thats my recommendation. It might be hard to get into it now, since the game is prolly on expac #4 or 5, but its a great mmo.
Whiteknight117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Whiteknight117
Member since 2003 • 541 Posts
What about the new starwars mmo coming out?
RedDraco66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedDraco66
Member since 2005 • 1682 Posts
Darkfall and Mortal Online are the two MMO's to keep an eye out for. Mortal Online won't be coming out till summer '09, but it looks pretty neat.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I wouldn't compare Age of Conan to Guild Wars.... they play very differently. EQ 2 would be a really good one to try, and Vanguard, or FFXI. Those are all really fun MMO's. Also, Runes of Magic is surprisingly entertaining despite ripping off the interface and graphical style from WoW.. the dual-class system is pretty interesting.
3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
WoW , just play and have breaks, try to find friends to play with and you should be set.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Is any of these worth looking at, a second look, or should i just stay With Guild wars?

Aslyum_Beast

Well to me, the great thing about Guild Wars is a great game (check GameSpot's review or any other game site), there are NO (Zero) online fees to pay, and its a game where you don't really have to grind to enjoy it. The community is pretty good for the most part.

So ya I say stick with Guild Wars, I personally care not to waste my money on other MMOs, yes Guild Wars isnt an MMO (before someone has a cow about it, but its pretty close). Fwiw I have tried WoW, but after I tried GW I knoew which one I would rather play.

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

WoW is essentially the best game thats ever rehashed the same thing over and over and fooled you into thinking it both a) means something and b) is different even though its not.

in short its fetch quests, a pvp system where it takes you *ahem* BLOODY AGES, and a travel system that deserves either an inflight movie or a loading screen (i dont care what u think flying mounts rides in excess of 3 minutes are REALLY retracting).