Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hashim19
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

My system got shut down yesterday and didn't worked last night but it just started working normally on morning. I downloaded this software " Core Temp" but failed to understand the readings. Can you help ? screenshot enclosed for your ref.

- Is it normal reading for my PC without using any gaming activities

- My PSU is 500 Watt - is it working just fine ? because i did'nt see any hot air blowing out of PSU.

-Click on the image to maximize it.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2642 Posts

That's pretty normal temps with a stock cooler. I'm at 47'c currently, no load but 33'c ambient temp.

Pretty hard to tell if a psu is faulty sometimes without a special tool or multi meter, a stress test could help to see if it's failing to deliver all the power needed when under load though but won't rule out other issues.

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hashim19

@npiet1: means everything seems normal with the reading. Well can you guide me how to do stress test ? i will share the further reading after that to see if it's normal or not. I had GTX 1050 TI graphics card. Don't want to use it before checking the PSU.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 npiet1

@Hashim19: Yeah everything looks normal. There's cinebench (I'm pretty sure it's free). Just open it up and click run. Run it at least twice to hit your absolute max temp.

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hashim19
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

@npiet1: Results after using CINEBEACH, kindly confirm if the power supply is working just fine.

Sorry image was taken after the test.

Readings were

Power went to 35W

Core # 0 is 75

Core # 1 is 71

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hashim19

@npiet1: This is more accurate test. Screenshot were taken during the second test.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 npiet1

All looks good 75'c is normal. It's when you reach 85'c I would start worrying. What do you mean your system didn't turn on last night? Did it just not turn on?

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hashim19

@npiet1: Last night i just started doing conversation on mobile and left the system on and it just powered off after sometime. I tried to turn on but fans were running fine but no display or led on keyboard. i used hair dryer to clean the dust. Didn't worked. I tried powering on the system in the morning and it just started and it's still working without any issues.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 npiet1

@Hashim19: That sounds like it just shorted somewhere, 99% chance it was something not serious, could of even just been a peripheral. I would just wait to see if it happens again, then make note of what's plug in and seeing if you can recreate/locate the problem.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3683 Posts

make sure the fan on the power supply is working. If they are not working at all anymore it could be powering off itself as it heats up.

Some psu the fans don't spin up until a certain temp, but most should always be spinning even at low rpm.

Simple test to see if its the psu, just buy another one and swap it out. Even if its not the psu, its great to have an extra one as backup for the future.