BobOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BobOfTheLight
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

I've been playing a good deal of Isometric fantasy games recently (BG I & II, Planescape: Torment, Divinity: Original Sin and other games) and to be honest, all of them have fantastic plot and characters, which is sorely missing in the genre. But the fact that these games are exclusively isometric takes alot of the fun from the experience. I just can't bring myself to like it, or even ignore it. So what I'm asking for is a good fantasy game (good plot, good worldbuilding, memorable characters ..) that isn't Isometric (or 2d or blah), so I guess it must be in first or third person. The games shouldn't be after 2013 (weak pc) or before 2006 (can't bear extremely outdated graphics). I've played all the elder scrolls games, KOTOR I & II, the Gothic games, and Risen. Thanks

EDIT: Ooops, I forgot my all time favourite, Dragon Age.

BobOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BobOfTheLight
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@ArchoNils2: I forgot to mention that I played the Souls games, and first two Witchers. I've been hearing alot of things about Kingdoms of Amalur, and not all of them are good. If you would compare it to a game, what would that game be ?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Witcher 1 and 2 is the obvious answer. But really, there is a lot of games in the WRPG genre, like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning or Dragon's Dogma. And then there's the whole Souls series