No Ghost Recon: Future Soldier For PC, Piracy Cited

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Ghost Recon Online being free-to-play is a counter to piracy, says Ubisoft producer on PC Gamer relates how a Ubi producer has stated that due to piracy, Ghost Recon Online will take Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's place as it's PC version. No Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PC from Eurogamer relates that it will not be on the PC too.

The problem with Ubisoft's idiotic claims is that they have purposely not developed a true PC game since who knows when, lately, they have been porting over their console garbage to sell to PC gamers and the ports have been poor and buggy. Not to mention that their draconian DRM has chased away many more of their once loyal customers. Both combined have made me stop buying anything from Ubi and I damn sure will not pirate crappy games either. Their claim that 95% of PC gamers pirate games is ludicrous at best and laughable at least.

Personally, I cannot recommend any Ubi game no matter what platform they are on due to their stupidity and the factthat they are trying to chase certain games and fail. They had the gaming world in the palm of their hands and tossed it all out the window and continue to do so with each new game (or sequel) it seems. Sure, some of you may like how easy it is to play some of their games now, but it is more than that. You can't keep trying to rewrite or remake a franchise with each sequel. The fact that they are now including huge hints that appear everywhere on what to do next should be a clue that Ubi shows nothing but contempt for their customer base.

What do y'all think of this revelation about no GR for PC (again)?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

sounds like it would have been your typical over the shoulder, chest high walls, shooter then if that's the case. It's clear Ubi isn't interested in being logical, so meh...**** them.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Didnt they say at E3 "We bringing it back to the PC!" .....wow...
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
Didnt they say at E3 "We bringing it back to the PC!" .....wow...kris9031998
yea i remember hearing that too
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
They should have just told the truth: No Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for PC, because we are **** developers and no longer have any idea how to make a successful or worthy videogame (for any system). They have forever lost my business.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Has anyone played any of the Rainbow Sixes or Ghost Recons this generation? We aren't losing anything. :roll:

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts
Yeah I don't care what system it's on, the new Ghost Recon is just another modern shooter that plays like an action movie based on the videos. I wish they'd make a good tacticle shooter like the older GR and R6, then I'd buy it no matter what DMR it had.
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts
In case you guys hadn't heard yet, in basically the same day another Ubisoft game developer called PC gamers "whining bitc*hes", I'm not even kidding. The article is on PC gamer somewhere if you want to look at it. So basically guys we're all pirates because we don't like to play the crappy games that Ubisoft makes and then adds so much DRM that it's impossible to see where the actual game is at.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Has anyone played any of the Rainbow Sixes or Ghost Recons this generation? We aren't losing anything. :roll:

Cwagmire21

most people dont care for the vegas series. not sure how they feel for graw though. its like ubisoft has a love/hate relationship with the pc.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

They should have just told the truth: No Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for PC, because we are **** developers and no longer have any idea how to make a successful or worthy videogame (for any system). They have forever lost my business.jer_1
I agree with you there Ubisoft already failed the splinter cell fans the last splinter cell game wasnt even stealth, i think just now the only thing they care ios about is money, i wont be buying another game from them.

Piracy has became the new boogeyman on ways the higher power can destroy our freedoms.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Yeah I don't care what system it's on, the new Ghost Recon is just another modern shooter that plays like an action movie based on the videos. I wish they'd make a good tacticle shooter like the older GR and R6, then I'd buy it no matter what DMR it had.Croag821
Exactly. Could care less myself. Still playing Ghost Recon 1 and Raven Shield. FTW !!

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

well ya, only people who got it for free would bother with the drivel the tom clancy games have become. PC gamers wont buy crap.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I actually liked what I saw at E3. Well now, I don't know what to feel. Am I wrong to write off Ubisoft forever? This is juvenile.
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Yeah I don't care what system it's on, the new Ghost Recon is just another modern shooter that plays like an action movie based on the videos. I wish they'd make a good tacticle shooter like the older GR and R6, then I'd buy it no matter what DMR it had.Croag821

This. UBI needs to learn to make what their customers want. I thought GRAW2 wasn't too bad, lot better than the console version anyway.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
It's been a long time since an Ubisoft game caught my attention. I hold them in the same low esteem as Activision and 2K Games.
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
I miss my R6.. :( :cry:
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

I miss my R6.. :( :cry:-CheeseEater-
At least Patriots is still coming to PC, but chances are that its going to be even more cinematic and dumbed down than Vegas...

I also miss R6

:cry:

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 macronia
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

well it is hasn't confirmed yet , but still i hope they bring it to pc , what i saw in e3 was very great

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/11/24/ubisoft-no-confirmation-on-future-soldiers-pc-status/

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"]I miss my R6.. :( :cry:koospetoors

At least Patriots is still coming to PC, but chances are that its going to be even more cinematic and dumbed down than Vegas...

I also miss R6

Than Vegas? Vegas was cinematic? All I could remember was pure gameplay and tons of hours in Terrorist Hunt. *shrugs*
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

Was going to buy the new Anno game. I guess not anymore.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

First Ubisoft cancels 'I Am Alive' now this?

Way to go Ubisoft

I guess that's less 50€ you won't get from me (and don't blame piracy, blame your worm-size brains)

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Grodus5
According to Ubisoft you already pirated it so they don't care.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="macronia"]

well it is hasn't confirmed yet , but still i hope they bring it to pc , what i saw in e3 was very great

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/11/24/ubisoft-no-confirmation-on-future-soldiers-pc-status/

Ah, good to know. I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the PC version was canned.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
[QUOTE="Grodus5"]

gameguy6700

ya we all pirated it 3 times each, causing them to lose 3 sales.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
[QUOTE="Grodus5"]

gameguy6700

I wouldn't even pirate the game, that's how disgusted I am with Ubisoft (of course, I would never pirate a game anyway).
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

[QUOTE="koospetoors"]

[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"]I miss my R6.. :( :cry:Elann2008

I also miss R6

Than Vegas? Vegas was cinematic? All I could remember was pure gameplay and tons of hours in Terrorist Hunt. *shrugs*

Vegas was awesome action!

Now the last Splinter Cell had a pretty cinematic feel to it and I can see it being 'dumbed down, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game because of this, myself not being a hardcore Splinter Cell fanatic.

Shame Ghost Recon isn't staying on PC but honestly, it's my least favorite Tom Clancy franchise so I personally am not bothered too much.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

Yeah even on the UBI forum it wass pretty obvious as nothing was ever stated or made clear whether there will be a PC version or not, to hell with them all they do is blame piracy when all they do is release mediocre games. A good game will always sell and thats a fact. They should focus on making better games.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I haven't bought a new Ubisoft game since Vegas 2 on the PC three years ago.

Ubisoft is giving up on the PC... Pity, because it used to be one of my favorite publishers. Not anymore.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="koospetoors"]

[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"]I miss my R6.. :( :cry:Elann2008

I also miss R6

I think they are reminiscing about when R6 was actually a tactical shooter.

true_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 true_gamer007
Member since 2011 • 433 Posts

How were the previous parts of GR like Advanced Warfighter. Worth playing or not?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WhiteKnight77

How were the previous parts of GR like Advanced Warfighter. Worth playing or not?

true_gamer007

Ghost Recon (as developed by RSE) is still played to this day with 7 DVDs worth of mods and new mods being made for it. There was no GR2 for PC as Ubi canned it and RSE put it on the shelf.

remysola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 remysola
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts

This is annoying...

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"]I miss my R6.. :( :cry:

I missed it too, then they came out with Vegas and I lost hope.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WhiteKnight77

I lost hope for R6 when Raven Shield came out.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Capitalist

WhiteKnight77

Really? I thought Raven Shield was the last good Rainbow Six game. I still play co-op every now and then.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

The_Capitalist

Really? I thought Raven Shield was the last good Rainbow Six game. I still play co-op every now and then.

Yeah. With the introduction of the first person weapon view, especially the angle it was at, was the first arcade feature, not to mention the rag doll physics that had dead terrorists flopping around all over the place. Also, while the Unreal engine works for some games, I always felt that the RSE engine (they actually built their own engine) was suited for that type of game. It still needed some tweaking, but it was coming into it's own. RvS just did not feel like a R6 game to me and others. It just went downhill from there. The only reason why I have it is the fact that it came with a piece of hardware. It was the start of my R6 boycott that still stands. I also will not buy any other Ubi title. Cliffs of Dover was practically a sure purchase on my part until that screwed up OSP DRM was foisted on it.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Capitalist

Raven Shield never felt arcady to me at all. Granted, I didn't play the the original game or Rogue Spear, but I still believe it (Raven Shield) is the best tactical first person shooter of all time. Few other games of the genre match its intensity and attention to detail. Almost nine years on, I still haven't found a replacement. Whatever Raven Shield "casualized", it was probably for the best.

What's so bad about the first person weapon model, anyways? Games like ArmA include them (albeit not completely fixed into the player's field of view).

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts
I actually liked what I saw at E3. Well now, I don't know what to feel. Am I wrong to write off Ubisoft forever? This is juvenile.Elann2008
I am too. I would like to finish the AC series but not now. Unless Steam has some ridiculous sale. I'm weak like that :P