no camera works at all with my computer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

i have tried 2 different webcams. One that i know for a fact works. and a new ojne that i just got. I also just got a hd pvr. My computer does not pick them up at all. no matter what program i use. it doesnt pick them up. Do you have any idea as to why this is like this. i have a msi 870s-g54 motherboard if that makes any difference. and im pretty sure all usb drivers are up to date. and its only camera devices, everything else that works on usb is fine.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 evilmaster2424
windows 7 64-bit.
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 evilmaster2424

Does it pick it up and try to install drivers? If it doesn't then it'll be your USB's I guess.

obenns
it picks it up, it installs the drivers. I go to the manufactuers website and even install there drivers. it doesnt make a difference what i do no device that can transmit a video signal to a computer works at all
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 evilmaster2424

Does it pick it up and try to install drivers? If it doesn't then it'll be your USB's I guess.

obenns
it picks it up, it installs the drivers. I go to the manufactuers website and even install there drivers. it doesnt make a difference what i do no device that can transmit a video signal to a computer works at all

Does it appear under devices and printers?

Maybe Windows 7 installs some dodgy drivers.

Try uninstalling the drivers in device manager ( under imaging devices > right click camera > properties > driver > uninstall ) . Then try installing the drivers from the manufacturers site.

obenns
tried all that already