Newegg account/ ordering question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MercenaryKnight
MercenaryKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MercenaryKnight
Member since 2003 • 396 Posts

I ordered my computer parts, and when I went through the process I saw the 2 options, one was for like no payment for x amount of days and the other was like 1.1% off of the entire order. Since I was just going to have it all paid for then, I chose the 1.1% off the order. I was just wondering, did that like cost more to be a special account to get the % off the order, or like is it going to charge money every month or something for having a new type of account from doing that?

Mainly I am wondering if choosing the 1% off option might of upgraded the account to like a higher type account and cause it to somehow be more money.

ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts

I ordered my computer parts, and when I went through the process I saw the 2 options, one was for like no payment for x amount of days and the other was like 1.1% off of the entire order. Since I was just going to have it all paid for then, I chose the 1.1% off the order. I was just wondering, did that like cost more to be a special account to get the % off the order, or like is it going to charge money every month or something for having a new type of account from doing that?

Mainly I am wondering if choosing the 1% off option might of upgraded the account to like a higher type account and cause it to somehow be more money.

MercenaryKnight

The only way I can explain it is that either you ordered something that has volume savings attached to it (as from getting 2 of something), or you bought so much stuff that Newegg is giving you a special offer.  I haven't seen this happen though myself and I've placed numerous orders with Newegg.  Try contacting Newegg's customer support and ask them about it - that's the best I can say.