New Tomb Raider movie just like the video games?

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

The movie is almost a collection of cutscenes from the 2 most recent tomb raider games. I'm not impressed, but I will watch it anyway. I think they should done something original with an unknown actress, since the last bourne movie the studios have been trying to make Alicia Vikander happen but its not werking. here is trailer

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Looks worse than I expected but I'm still willing to give it a chance, even if it's mindless fun like the Jolie movies.

This new version combines the story of the new reboot game and it's sequel it seems.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

Doesn't look good. Alicia is beautiful, but she is not convincing as the character. She lacks the physical traits to pull off the role.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FelipeInside

@BassMan said: She lacks the physical traits to pull off the role.

Huh?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BassMan

@FelipeInside: She has the body of an undeveloped girl and does not look badass at all.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

@BassMan said:

@FelipeInside: She has the body of an undeveloped girl and does not look badass at all.

Yeah no. This movie is based off the new games and she looks very similar to the game character.

Also if you think she has an undeveloped body (she's fitter than both of us put together):

Loading Video...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BassMan

@FelipeInside: She lacks curves. Even the reboot Lara has curves.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

@BassMan said:

@FelipeInside: She lacks curves. Even the reboot Lara has curves.

I think she's fine tbh:

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BassMan

@FelipeInside: Bee stings and no booty. Not convincing to me. Lara Croft is a sexy character. Alicia has a pretty face, but her body type is not very woman like. Honestly, she just looks like a fragile girl and not a bad ass adventurer who can deal with shit. I look at her and it is like she is saying... come save me. She would be better suited to play Princess Peach in a Mario movie. LOL

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FelipeInside

@BassMan said:

@FelipeInside: Bee stings and no booty. Not convincing to me. Lara Croft is a sexy character. Alicia has a pretty face, but her body type is not very woman like. Honestly, she just looks like a fragile girl and not a bad ass adventurer who can deal with shit. I look at her and it is like she is saying... come save me. She would be better suited to play Princess Peach in a Mario movie. LOL

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Alicia+Vikander+booty&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj76_vVvbfWAhVKFZQKHUHsDmYQ_AUICigB&biw=1527&bih=836

If you think this girl has no booty then your standards are way too high lol...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@FelipeInside said:
@BassMan said:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Alicia+Vikander+booty&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj76_vVvbfWAhVKFZQKHUHsDmYQ_AUICigB&biw=1527&bih=836

Disgusting.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

@Jebus213 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Disgusting.

lol. Yes I'm sure if she was naked infront of you, you would walk out the door.....

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@FelipeInside said:
@Jebus213 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Disgusting.

lol. Yes I'm sure if she was naked infront of you, you would walk out the door.....

I wouldn't. BUT, she still ain't got no ass.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

second half of the trailer is all the quicktime events from the first game :P

*who am I kidding it's like 10% of the QTEs

**kidding I love the Tomb Raider reboots but seriously screw QTEs

Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#15 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

I loved the game, and I thought the story was decent enough, although there was something of a disconnect between some of the cut scenes and what you are actually doing in the game. If the movie follows the same basic plot line, with scenes that are nods to the games, I don't see why it wouldn't work. There are certainly worse plot lines out there. Movie makers are always going to be in a quandary over this. Do they use the iconic characters and and try to generate the 'feel' of the game, but introduce a completely new plot and setting? Or do they try to adapt the existing game into a movie format? Either way, they are going to annoy some of the game fans while trying to make it appealing to a movie audience, and cram a 10 hour interactive story into a couple of non-interactive hours.