new to PCs any exclusives I should know about?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
my new rig is arriving on monday and i'm curious if there are any pc exclusives i should know about. I'm getting the crysis games but other than that not sure. Also, anyone know when diablo 3 and star wars TOR might be coming out? thanks
spektor_21000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 spektor_21000
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

List of all pc exclusive. Can check previous years too.

http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2010/

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Cryostasis, horror game something like bioshock on a frozen ship but no powers or upgrades. Arma2 , militrary simulator, actually its more of a simulator than a game, but its still playable without getting borring. Very good graphics. Necrovision, something like a mix between cod and painkiller, nazis and demons, vampires. Stalker Clear sky, complicated survival fps set in chernobyl with upgraded items such as better weapons and armor....pretty buggy though and combat is kinda meh. Go for stalker shadow of chernobyl instead.
artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts

Just buy the Valve Complete Pack from Steam. It's the best $100 that you will ever spend, you'll thank me later. It's less than two new console games.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2546/

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
Crysis, Crysis warhead, Battlefield 2, Company of heroes, Half life + half life 2, counter strike source. Umm probably more but those are some really good ones off the top of my head ^^.
Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Cryostasis, horror game something like bioshock on a frozen ship but no powers or upgrades. Arma2 , militrary simulator, actually its more of a simulator than a game, but its still playable without getting borring. Very good graphics. Necrovision, something like a mix between cod and painkiller, nazis and demons, vampires. Stalker Clear sky, complicated survival fps set in chernobyl with upgraded items such as better weapons and armor....pretty buggy though and combat is kinda meh. Go for stalker shadow of chernobyl instead.

does anyone know if stalker works on windows 7 64 bit? i had heard it didn't.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

Some of favorite pc games off all time are World in conflict,The Witcher, And Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl some other great

pc exclusives:

Company of heroes

Plants vs zombies

Cryostasis

killing floor

Aquaria

Machinarium

Arma 2

Galactic civilization 2

Dawn of war II

empire total war

demi god

zeno clash

sins of a solar empire

Torchlight

Demigod

The penumbra collection

Drakensang:The Dark Eye

men of war

kings bounty:The legend

Neverwinter night 2

The void (aka tension)

Deus ex

Fallout 1&2

Titan quest

Counter Strike Source

Starcraft battle chest

warcraft III battle chest

battlefield 2

unreal tourment 2004

And it may not be exclusive but no pc gamers collection is complete without the orange box which superior to the console version HL2 and episodes + CInematic mod 10 = pure win!!! And tf2 is is far better then the console version with a much larger playerbase and Several times more content on the pc.

d-rtyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 d-rtyboy
Member since 2006 • 3178 Posts
[QUOTE="Zcrimson07"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Cryostasis, horror game something like bioshock on a frozen ship but no powers or upgrades. Arma2 , militrary simulator, actually its more of a simulator than a game, but its still playable without getting borring. Very good graphics. Necrovision, something like a mix between cod and painkiller, nazis and demons, vampires. Stalker Clear sky, complicated survival fps set in chernobyl with upgraded items such as better weapons and armor....pretty buggy though and combat is kinda meh. Go for stalker shadow of chernobyl instead.

does anyone know if stalker works on windows 7 64 bit? i had heard it didn't.

I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit Release Candidate and I can run STALKER Clear Sky and shadows. Specs: DFI DK 790FXB, Phenom II 955, GTX 260, 4GB RAM, X-Meridian sound card
Tannerr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 Tannerr33
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

I've really enjoyed mount and blade. It doesn't have the best graphics ever but the melee fighting is some of the best I have ever seen. It's a true sandbox game to and you can go off and capture castles and recruit lords and their armies to join you in an effort to take over the map. Think of total war, but you get to fight along side your men instead of playing in rts mode.

Which brings me to any of the Total War games. If you like strategy then you will love these games.

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

Batman AA

Fallout 3

Dragon Age origins

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts

Batman AA

Fallout 3

Dragon Age origins

siddarthshetty
None of those are PC exclusives... Anyway, ArmA 2, Any VALVe game and Blizzard game are worth checking out.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

PC pretty much lost all its exclusives when the next Gen console came out.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
The xbox sometimes gets stuff that should be exclusive to PC, like Risen. i.e. the port is so bad that it might as well be an exclusive... so don't feel you need to limit yourself to them. I'll give a big second to Mount&Blade.
Anaemalia6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Anaemalia6
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Not sure on Diablo 3 or SWTOR, neither have a release date but it seems TOR will come out first since they have released so much on the development of the game already...havent heard much on Diablo 3 but who knows. I am looking forward to both and hope they come out soon.

linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Just a quick list off the top of my head: Total War series (especially M2TW and ETW) Company of Heroes + expansions World in Conflict+Soviet Assault Command and Conquer series Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire Civ4 Dawn of War 2 Dawn of War Stalker/Clear Sky (HIGHLY recommended) Battlefield series Valve games (get HL2+episodes if you can't get anything else) Yeah, most of those are strategy games, but that's where PC gaming is strongest :P. It's an acquired taste - my jumping off point would be the original Dawn of War or C&C3.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45
[QUOTE="siddarthshetty"]

Batman AA

Fallout 3

Dragon Age origins

fudgeblood
None of those are PC exclusives... Anyway, ArmA 2, Any VALVe game and Blizzard game are worth checking out.

Yeah because valve games are exclusive :D
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

mattuk69

Wait, there MUST be some parallel world you're speaking from, the PC still has the highest number of exclusives and variety in gaming...

(And you putting together "next" with "came" proves even further my theory!)

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
The BLIZZARD GAMES PEOPLE! COME ON! Warcraft 3 + Expansions Diablo 2 + Expansions Starcraft + Expansions Company of heroes + Expansions Dawn of War 1 + 2 + Expansions Microsoft Flight Simulators Rise of Flight lol probably quite a few others.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="fudgeblood"][QUOTE="siddarthshetty"]

Batman AA

Fallout 3

Dragon Age origins

dakan45

Most are not exclusive anymore, but they are far better on PC.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
The Witcher is good too.
Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

Dawn of War + Expansions

Dawn of War 2

Warcraft 3

Sins of a Solar Empire

However Valve games like Half Life 2, Left 4 dead and TF2 are far superior on PC and are very much worth the buys.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Check out Arma 2.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

mattuk69
did you not see my post on the first page i listed a bunch of pc exclusives most of which came out this "Gen".
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="fudgeblood"] None of those are PC exclusives... Anyway, ArmA 2, Any VALVe game and Blizzard game are worth checking out.

Most are not exclusive anymore, but they are far better on PC.

Far better via what logic? They are not graphically impressive neither advanced or require any decent fps skills. Infact fps gameplay is without innacuracy ulike pc exclusives like stalker, neither the ai is impressive. I d rather to say i had more fun playing hl2 episode 2 on my ps3 because the whole way it played was pretty similar to resistance, even simplier i may dare to say. Anyway i just had more fun due to the fact it felt like playing a console fps rather a pc game that you need some serious fps skills like crysis, arma2 or stalker. Those games also have plenty of innacuracy and powerful ai. Valve games are pretty simplistic so why not play on a console? Ofcourse you will say why play on a console? Well the reason i played it on a console is because i run on the famous unsolvable source stuttering issue. But now that i played the game again on my pc, it just does not feel like much.Combat is easy, you are very mobile and accurate. On the console it felt better because those smalls fights in hl2 felt much more critical while playing with a controller and you had to make smart movements. But i wouldnt dare playing any other fps on a console while i could get the pc version instead, since there is always alot more going on, on other fps that doesnt in HL2. For example. the ai in kilzone 2 is pretty good and combat is hard. Wish there was a pc version instead. But anyway my point was that valve games are not "FAR" better on pc. Better, yes but far better?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dakan45

mattuk69
Well it did lost all the "serious" devs that have the money and the game developing experiance,since they all gone to consoles. So now we got stuck with those who dont have the budget/capabilities to develop on console.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#26 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I don't understand some people like you. Why would you care if a game is only on PC? You have a good PC, you should buy all games to play on that PC, even if they're on the console.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Who cares about "exclusives", why not just buy the games that play best on PC? Ie. nearly all of them!
ancient11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ancient11
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

While I will agree that most of the game's mentioned are really great game's, nothing can compare with Gothic one and two, The Witcher or Risen. Have fun.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dakan45

I don't understand some people like you. Why would you care if a game is only on PC? You have a good PC, you should buy all games to play on that PC, even if they're on the console.

-Unreal-
Well some games have pretty high requirements despite the graphics or being or not being exclusives. Its not the graphics what annoys them.Its the fact that they want you to play with a console control scheme and less buttons, less use of keyboard. Plus annoying x360 buttons flashing in the screen.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 psn8214

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

dakan45

Well some games have pretty high requirements despite the graphics or being or not being exclusives. Its not the graphics what annoys them.Its the fact that they want you to play with a console control scheme and less buttons, less use of keyboard. Plus annoying x360 buttons flashing in the screen.

Er, buy a gamepad? Also, I love my PS3, but I enjoyed HL2 10x more on PC... just saying... :P

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

psn8214

Er, buy a gamepad? Also, I love my PS3, but I enjoyed HL2 10x more on PC... just saying... :P

Kinda defeats the point playing a a third person shooter on pc while you use a gamepad? I do enjoy fps more on pc but hl2 is sooo simplistic, i had more fun with a gamepad....am just saying because the game does not have neither fast moving enemies or weapon innacuracy, or lean. Its perfect for a gamepad. If i say that i ejoyed it more with a keyboard and mouse no matter how easy and simple it felt....it will be like i am not good enough to play complicated games with many buttons and top quality accuracy like arma 2!!! That was my point.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 psn8214

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] Well some games have pretty high requirements despite the graphics or being or not being exclusives. Its not the graphics what annoys them.Its the fact that they want you to play with a console control scheme and less buttons, less use of keyboard. Plus annoying x360 buttons flashing in the screen.dakan45

Kinda defeats the point playing a a third person shooter on pc while you use a gamepad? I do enjoy fps more on pc but hl2 is sooo simplistic, i had more fun with a gamepad....am just saying because the game does not have neither fast moving enemies or weapon innacuracy, or lean. Its perfect for a gamepad. If i say that i ejoyed it more with a keyboard and mouse no matter how easy and simple it felt....it will be like i am not good enough to play complicated games with many buttons and top quality accuracy like arma 2!!! That was my point.

I understand, but if you play it with a gamepad on PC, you get the benefits that come with the PC version, ie mods, better graphics, smoother framerate, etc. Indeed, HL2 on PC had all of these things over the PS3 iteration.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

mattuk69
May be less than PS3 imo :P
yobaby2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 yobaby2009
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

i think star wars tor will release in month of feb-march 2010. and can't say for diablo 3 may be 2010 or 2011.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="psn8214"]

psn8214

I understand, but if you play it with a gamepad on PC, you get the benefits that come with the PC version, ie mods, better graphics, smoother framerate, etc. Indeed, HL2 on PC had all of these things over the PS3 iteration.

I dont dissagree but hl2 is not graphically impressive so they did not have to tone the graphics down, and i did not bother with mods. I dont know, it does not feel like it. But in half life? I must have about 50 mods for that game.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#36 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

dakan45
Well some games have pretty high requirements despite the graphics or being or not being exclusives.

He has a PC capable of playing any PC game out now, or coming out soon.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 psn8214

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] Kinda defeats the point playing a a third person shooter on pc while you use a gamepad? I do enjoy fps more on pc but hl2 is sooo simplistic, i had more fun with a gamepad....am just saying because the game does not have neither fast moving enemies or weapon innacuracy, or lean. Its perfect for a gamepad. If i say that i ejoyed it more with a keyboard and mouse no matter how easy and simple it felt....it will be like i am not good enough to play complicated games with many buttons and top quality accuracy like arma 2!!! That was my point.dakan45

I dont dissagree but hl2 is not graphically impressive so they did not have to tone the graphics down, and i did not bother with mods. I dont know, it does not feel like it. But in half life? I must have about 50 mods for that game.

Half Life 2 definitely looks best on PC. I expect it has something to do with the resolution.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

-Unreal-
Well some games have pretty high requirements despite the graphics or being or not being exclusives.

He has a PC capable of playing any PC game out now, or coming out soon.

Still its annoying that some games are badly optimized. Sure you can play what is out at the moment but at the future games will come up. Like eg when gta iv came out, everyone was like "crysis move over, Gta iv is more demanding" If you catch my drift there has to be a standard on optimazation. You cant ask more and more from a pc every year. We end up having very powerfull rigs and constantly upgrade them while we could play the same games with much better optimazation and advanced graphics features that are not available because of the consoles. But if it was on pc, it would have been made on pc, to play for the pc and have advanced features and very high graphics quallity settings.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="psn8214"]

psn8214

Half Life 2 definitely looks best on PC. I expect it has something to do with the resolution.

Or very high settings and "refrect all" or dx10 on episode 2!!