This topic is locked from further discussion.

ElZilcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ElZilcho
Member since 2005 • 1196 Posts

well technically i have never played an mmo but i am considering playing at least one soon, soi have a fewquestions, whats an mmo essentially? are there any awesome action mmo games like ninja gaidendevil may cry and gears of war ?or are they all pretty much identical to those boring world of warcraft videosi keep findingon youtube?

the reason i ask is because i decided i'd never play a turn based rpg i used to think they were quite boring and tedious, but then i played a game called enchanted arms on my 360, and i loved it, so since i was wrong about turn based rpg's ... who knows right? i could be wrong about mmo's, so any cool mmo's you guys could suggest would be highly appreciated, and dont say world of warcraft i already made up mind about that one, if it includes orcs dwarves and zombies i'm not going anywhere near it, i'm looking for something with like tanks machine guns and grenade launchers and awesome explosions. thanks.

Conan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Conan1985
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

Well....for a while Star Wars Galaxies was decent but i would recommend you dont go anywhere near it now its dead. I would think at the moment Tabula Rasa looks like the closest thing your going to come to that. Well thats short of waiting 2 years on Warhammer 40k Online...

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

An MMO is a game that you start playing because it's fun. Eventually, you're introduced to an addictive element (sweet gear, spells, etc. and always having to upgrade them) that adds to the fun.

After playing for long enough, you no longer have fun but the addictive element becomes greater and greater. At this point your life teeters on the brink of disaster. You can either quit playing and save your own life or continue to play and waste your life accomplishing nothing except wasting oxygen.

Sadly, a lot of people pick the latter.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Check out LOTRO free 7-day trial. Most MMO's have trials, try them.
Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts

Well....for a while Star Wars Galaxies was decent but i would recommend you dont go anywhere near it now its dead. I would think at the moment Tabula Rasa looks like the closest thing your going to come to that. Well thats short of waiting 2 years on Warhammer 40k Online...

Conan1985

I am really enjoying the tabula rasa beta, but that is because I liked the Star Wars Galaxies, but like he said it is dead like no other.