New graphics card screwed up. Could anyone help please?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts
So I bought a new graphics card and decided to play some of the games I have on my pc.
The problem is this:

I used to play those games all the time, but suddenly, since I got my new card, everything flickers and the color is all messed up.
Flickers: The screen keeps moving strangely (kinda deforms) and sometimes the menu won't even load.
Color: I decided to start a new file with Elder Scrolls, but when I got to the character screen, weird colors showed up and I couldn't even see the character properly.

Is there a problem with my Graphics Card? Should I return it or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

What kind of card did you replace and what kind of card did you upgrade to?

Did you update your drivers?

mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts

What kind of card did you replace and what kind of card did you upgrade to?

Did you update your drivers?

Bgrngod

Not really a huge difference.
Replaced Geforce FX 5200 with 6800 GT. (Wasn't expecting to change graphics cards, but I got this one for only $10)

Drivers are up to date
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
Uh.. your problems might have something to do with the fact you scored that card for $10. I am willing to bet someone was OC'ing it too hard or had flashed it with a new firmware.
TicTac8745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 TicTac8745
Member since 2007 • 3902 Posts

Biggest Kagami fan ever?! I don't think so! I AM!! Kagami = goddess!!! (I love your sig, soo many Kagami's *drool*)

Anyways the card might have been either a bad one (OCed too much, or something else) and probably the reason why you got it cheap - check with the person you got it from and ask if there was anything wrong with it.

A long shot, but if the card has problems, ask for a refund, but for $10, I don't think that will happen and get another from somewhere else like eBay.