New Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay. (Looking awesome)

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWXjzLEGV9U

This is shaping up to be epic.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23980 Posts

Looking almost as meh as it did in the leaked footage we have seen before.

That goblin king fight in particular was unusually lame.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

They said no raids but people love phat loot in mmorpgs..How is the loot system going to work..How are they going to keep the community interested..Its a lot of ifs an little info..

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
That looked pretty awful in comparison to the new Everquest Next footage released.
toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Agree with everyone that it did look boring and unexciting, despite this I'm still really excited for the game in general. Been wanting it for a few months now.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Looks like Skyrim Online basically, even worst in some parts. But I can't really say much cause I was never into the Elder Scrolls games. Hope it turns out good for the fans.
KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I think it looks pretty awesome. Everyone else is beakin hard tho.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'd give that a 2/10

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Looks like Skyrim Online basically, even worst in some parts. But I can't really say much cause I was never into the Elder Scrolls games. Hope it turns out good for the fans.

Yup.. it looks exactly like Skyrim online.. but not in a good way. Gameplay and combat looks absolutely boring. Here's to hoping Everquest Next will be good.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HyperWarlock

Well, i'll really be playing for the lore and the 2-5 player co-op, so maybe thats why It looks much better to me.

Also, I didn't like the Art Style of EQ Next, and that put me off a little.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Why would they stick with that shitty stealth system
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

This looks really crap, I think they should can it and start again personally. I love how he mentions fast travel and everyone cheers. Fast travel is one of the things that started EQ1 downfall all it does is make the world seem small. Looks to me like they are doing everyting wrong with this game.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Maroxad

Well, i'll really be playing for the lore and the 2-5 player co-op, so maybe thats why It looks much better to me.

Also, I didn't like the Art Style of EQ Next, and that put me off a little.

HyperWarlock

I would rather stick to proper TES games for the lore, I have a strong feeling Zenimax Online will only mess up the lore.

Why would they stick with that shitty stealth system Led_poison

It may not be that good, but it sure beats the invisibility spell. That is the stealth system in most mmos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

It dosent look good to me at all, this will be another crap game that is hyped to death because of the name.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#15 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Combat looks fluid but everything else looks very medium and middle. There's nothing that jumps off the page. I thought it was an MMO too. Doesn't look like an MMO so I'm assuming they've dropped the MMO genre tag and it's now an online RPG. But it wouldn't surprise me if they're still calling it an MMO. Many developers these days build MMOs and the only massively multiplayer part about them tends to be city hubs or specified PvP areas. With some of the new technology that's been produced for MMO server linking and the like, it's a shame some developers are going backwards rather than forwards so much so that their games don't even belong to a genre of massively multiplayer RPGs.

BLaverock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 BLaverock
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

Playing the Elder Scrolls with friends has never been a let down, and I don't suspect it will be this time, either. I'll be trying it out for sure!

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HyperWarlock

At least it's not another tab target hot key MMO.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad

At least it's not another tab target hot key MMO.

HyperWarlock

I would rather have tab target hot key combat than the Skyrim esque mess they are going for. :D

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

It looks like Elder Scrolls... but online.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Not impressive at all. Being online-only made it even worse.

Bethesda should have spent their time on another proper Elder Scrolls game that is single-player only.

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

I'd give that a 2/10

wis3boi

Explain.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

It dosent look good to me at all, this will be another crap game that is hyped to death because of the name.

Advid-Gamer

Pretty much this, doesn't help that those dev's are *horrible* at presenting their game. The first 10 mins was them picking up a book and aimlessly wandering around, the next 10 was them killing trash mobs....I thought the king fight was the standard mmo fight, looked all right to me.

God that presenter just annoys me, I hated him in the previous videos for the game to. His job is to get me hyped for his game and he just sucks at it. Anything he ever said was pretty much "Remember this thing you've seen in every other Elder Scrolls Game?", "See this thing every other mmo has?"

crowd: "Woooooooooooooooo!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
how the hell does that look "epic" or "Awesome".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Combat looks fluid but everything else looks very medium and middle. There's nothing that jumps off the page. I thought it was an MMO too. Doesn't look like an MMO so I'm assuming they've dropped the MMO genre tag and it's now an online RPG. But it wouldn't surprise me if they're still calling it an MMO. Many developers these days build MMOs and the only massively multiplayer part about them tends to be city hubs or specified PvP areas. With some of the new technology that's been produced for MMO server linking and the like, it's a shame some developers are going backwards rather than forwards so much so that their games don't even belong to a genre of massively multiplayer RPGs.

-Unreal-
You mean the king of those games World of Warcrat where you travel everywhere in 2 minutes, all PvP and PvE is instanced, phasing and most people hang out in ogrimmar waiting for the next raid or queue to pop. yea...
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HyperWarlock

how the hell does that look "epic" or "Awesome".MBirdy88

Because it's pretty much exactly what I wanted. Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind with friends.

Bethesda should have spent their time on another proper Elder Scrolls game that is single-player only.

Cyberdot

Bethesda are publishing it, not developing. Zenimax Online are developing it.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

MBirdy88

You mean the king of those games World of Warcrat where you travel everywhere in 2 minutes, all PvP and PvE is instanced, phasing and most people hang out in ogrimmar waiting for the next raid or queue to pop. yea...

You can only travel everywhere in 2 minutes with a high level character. Leveling with a ground mount 1-60, 85-90 is a good amount of travel time.

All PvP and PvE is not instanced at all. Totally false. Theres 8 world bosses in Pandaria.

Most people don't hang around in Orgrimmar anymore, that's changed since 5.0. 

So, yeah.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Cyberdot

Zenimax is working on The Elder Scrolls Online. Besthesda is working on another game. The rumor is another Fallout title. To be honest, I am very curious about The Elder Scrolls Online. What I saw from Friday's gameplay is what I came to expect. I think there is much more to the world of Tamriel in ESO than many people believe in this particular thread. The combat is no where near Skyrim in my opinion. Now it slightly has that appearance, but since it's an MMORPG it still feels like one(especially with no real hit dectection). The biggest thing for me is how the quest are delivered in the game. I'm also a big fan of them focusing on smaller parties. To be honest, I could careless about large raids(which some like), but I would rather have a more intimate experience with a smaller group doing extremely difficult endgame dungeons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

HyperWarlock

You can only travel everywhere in 2 minutes with a high level character. Leveling with a ground mount 1-60, 85-90 is a good amount of travel time.

All PvP and PvE is not instanced at all. Totally false. Theres 8 world bosses in Pandaria.

So, yeah.

1) really? using the high level character excuse when leveling in these games is so fast? 2) MOST is. oh my 8 world bosses that are not even a requirement of progression, what CHOICE! 3) ok whatever new location. so yeah.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Looks good, hope I get into the beta. I wanna try it out for myself.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] You mean the king of those games World of Warcrat where you travel everywhere in 2 minutes, all PvP and PvE is instanced, phasing and most people hang out in ogrimmar waiting for the next raid or queue to pop. yea...MBirdy88

So, yeah.

1) really? using the high level character excuse when leveling in these games is so fast? 2) MOST is. oh my 8 world bosses that are not even a requirement of progression, what CHOICE! 3) ok whatever new location. so yeah.

1) It's not an excuse

2) World bosses are pretty much a requirment for progression, shows you don't play the game.

3) Not just a new location but most people are doing dallies, Isle of Giants/thunder, pet battles, world bosses etc 

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Wow, that looks terrible. The MMORPG genre needs to die so maybe somebody with even a modicum of creativity can revive it down the road. For a genre that showed so much promise 15 years ago to devolve into what it has become is kind of sad.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HyperWarlock

Wow, that looks terrible. The MMORPG genre needs to die so maybe somebody with even a modicum of creativity can revive it down the road. For a genre that showed so much promise 15 years ago to devolve into what it has become is kind of sad.

-wildflower-

You do it

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

HyperWarlock

You do it

If I had the money I certainly couldn't do any worse than the current conglomerate of hacks making these games.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

Why are people complaining about "fast travel"?

Every MMO has it these days, and it's a great feature since I don't want to spend 20min walking to somewhere I've been before.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Skyrim have instant travel too?

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

-wildflower-

You do it

If I had the money I certainly couldn't do any worse than the current conglomerate of hacks making these games.

Well, I don't think the developers are devoid of creativity. MMORPG's are the most expensive type of games to create. They require huge investments to make. That usually means a company like EA/Activision is going to fund it and I can sure as hell guarantee they aren't going to want to take any risks with that money.

They are going to stick with what works and what has proven to be a successful formula. So it's the publishers that really hold back any creativity in the MMO genre, not the devs.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
based on bethesda's track record.... this is going to be the BUGGIEST, most BROKEN MMO in the history of MMOs. they cant even release a single player game without a huge amount of problems. how do they expect to get an MMO out the door without being practically unplayable.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

You do it

HyperWarlock

Well, I don't think the developers are devoid of creativity. MMORPG's are the most expensive type of games to create. They require huge investments to make. That usually means a company like EA/Activision is going to fund it and I can sure as hell guarantee they aren't going to want to take any risks with that money.

They are going to stick with what works and what has proven to be a successful formula. So it's the publishers that really hold back any creativity in the MMO genre, not the devs.

But like always people jump to conclusions without even trying the game. To me it looks bad (and I'm not a fan of Elder Scrolls), but that doesn't mean it's gonna BE a bad game. If we always went with looks, then games like "To the Moon" and "Terraria" would be abysmal.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Geminon"]based on bethesda's track record.... this is going to be the BUGGIEST, most BROKEN MMO in the history of MMOs. they cant even release a single player game without a huge amount of problems. how do they expect to get an MMO out the door without being practically unplayable.

I don't believe Bethesda are actually making it, it's ZeniMax Studios.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Ive watched a few hours of the closed beta. Its a pretty average looking game imo. The same combat system with a bland and boring world. Just another WoW wannabe.

All we wanted was a coop ES game, not a full on MMO. They are alienating their main fanbase and trying to sell the game as something it shouldnt be. 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

Ive watched a few hours of the closed beta. Its a pretty average looking game imo. The same combat system with a bland and boring world. Just another WoW wannabe.

All we wanted was a coop ES game, not a full on MMO. They are alienating their main fanbase and trying to sell the game as something it shouldnt be. 

Iantheone
Isn't an MMO just a massive Co-op game? I'm sure u can play ESO with just a few friends and some quests.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
Idk why people say the combat is boring. I guess I am just weird, I have always liked how oblivion/skyrim combat worked and was really happy to see them implement it in ESO. I honestly think it's better then I thought it would be, I figured it would be an MMO with the elder scrolls name, but first person combat (which I Love) is awesome. Personally looks like skyrim just you can play with friends which I have always wanted to do. I know me and my brother will enjoy this game :D
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Looks pretty buggy to me... Half the time he was fighting animations were crazy or just outright broken.

The bow would like fly up over his head.  The weapons would vanish, he would see through himself and clip through his own model in first person... I mean come on... I would understand if this was like really early alpha footage, but they claim this game is coming out in like 8 months and it has been under development since 2007.............................................

avneet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 avneet1
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

I was really looking forward to this game (as a major TES fan), but Everquest just blew that away.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

Looks pretty buggy to me... Half the time he was fighting animations were crazy or just outright broken.

The bow would like fly up over his head.  The weapons would vanish, he would see through himself and clip through his own model in first person... I mean come on... I would understand if this was like really early alpha footage, but they claim this game is coming out in like 8 months and it has been under development since 2007.............................................

Squeets
welcome to a bethesda game...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Squeets"]

Geminon
welcome to a bethesda game...

Like I said before, I think Bethesda aren't making this one.
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts
Looking exactly like Skyrim in MMO form. I'm sick of Skyrim, so I'm already sick of this.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HyperWarlock

Squeets

Here's a crazy idea, maybe it's buggy because it's a year from release? 

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]

FelipeInside

Isn't an MMO just a massive Co-op game? I'm sure u can play ESO with just a few friends and some quests.

Not really. MMO can mean a lot of unwanted player interaction too.

Also, mmo also takes away a lot from the main appeal of the TES games, that being heavy moddability.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Iantheone"]

Maroxad

Not really. MMO can mean a lot of unwanted player interaction too.

Also, mmo also takes away a lot from the main appeal of the TES games, that being heavy moddability.

Yeah true, but I remember playing WoW just with friends and it was great fun. I agree on the moddability thing. Maybe they can equal that with things like player housing, player built dungeons etc?