This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

My Sennheiser cx-300 b's just broke and I need new earphones. I want to buy the Kplisch Image S4i but after reading some of the bad reviews i've become hesistant. Maybe the monster turbines? Any ideas ?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts
I love my S4i buds. Great bass without muddying the midrange and highs, awesome fit (your mileage may vary), excellent sound suppression, 2 year warranty, signature Klipsch sound, and very reasonable price. They sound much better than the Beats Tour at almost half the cost. The only bad thing is the wire is thin and gets tangled easily. Also, it's only an average phone headset; I can hear static while making calls.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I didnt really care for the built-in mic so I opted for s4 klipsch without it and tagged along with mw600 bluetooth mic piece for wireless usage (seperates your phone/player from the iem/earbuds).

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

The klispsch s4i are great, i have them also.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

What's your budget?

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RedxSniper
Well honestly I didn't really want to spend more than 30$ but the klipsch s4i's just seem so amazing, im worried about durability tho.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Well honestly I didn't really want to spend more than 30$ but the klipsch s4i's just seem so amazing, im worried about durability tho. RedxSniper
Do you need the remote on the wire? or not? Also if durability is that important, then maybe spending a little bit more on the Shure SE215k ($94)

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Sound-Monitor-Black/dp/B004PNZFZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325535113&sr=8-1

They have a detachable wire and great sound.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RedxSniper
I don't really need the remote but it would be really convenient for the gym and The 60$ for the kplisch is already a stretch as it is.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Well honestly I didn't really want to spend more than 30$ but the klipsch s4i's just seem so amazing, im worried about durability tho. RedxSniper

Durability is great i throw them everywhere in my house they have been stepped on, gone through multiple couches and work great still.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedxSniper
Alright so I should go with the Kplisch S4i instead of the monster turbine?
Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Me_Ann
Member since 2007 • 1079 Posts

Alright so I should go with the Kplisch S4i instead of the monster turbine? RedxSniper

CNET and a lot of other reviewers praise S4i more. Im getting a pair soon!

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RedxSniper
Alright last question, is there gonna be a noticeable difference between it and the sennheiser cx-300b's that are worth an extra 30-40$?
Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#13 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

Alright last question, is there gonna be a noticeable difference between it and the sennheiser cx-300b's that are worth an extra 30-40$? RedxSniper
Honestly, this depends on you. Just as one person's trash in another's treasure, you might find that the difference between the two is negligible. Or dramatic. Audio reproduction is very subjective. In general the Klipsch are well-regarded and generally folks believe the price is a good value for what you get, but the same can be said for the Sennheisers. The following might help:

The Klipsch are going to be bass-heavy, but with better defined midrange and high-frequency response. In general, they do a better job of reproducing mid- and upper-range frequencies, though you might need to turn the bass down, a bit.

Good luck,

Boz

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RedxSniper
I don't really know what those numbers mean in differences, but I'll just get them and see how it goes. Thanks.