New CryEngine 3: CEO Interview.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OoLugioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OoLugioO
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

CEO Interview Part 1

CEO Interview Part 2

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

The part with the rain looked great, but I'm more curious to see what they've been working on for the PC :P. He said only that about PC, but it got me more excited than the CE3 footage, next Crysis please :).

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

The part with the rain looked great, but I'm more curious to see what they've been working on for the PC :P. He said only that about PC, but it got me more excited than the CE3 footage, next Crysis please :).

DanielDust

Me too. Wouldn't mind seeing the engine running on PC to see the improvements.

Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts

CryEngine 3 has a CEO? lol

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts

nice interview. I hope this engine is put to good use so that crytek can focus on developing more great games

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts

Here's the problem: with CryEngine 3 designed for consoles, we're going to see more of the same from Crytek that we've seen from developers like Bethesda, that is, games designed primarily for consoles in mind and then ported over to the PC rather than vice versa.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanielDust

Here's the problem: with CryEngine 3 designed for consoles, we're going to see more of the same from Crytek that we've seen from developers like Bethesda, that is, games designed primarily for consoles in mind and then ported over to the PC rather than vice versa.

BlueBirdTS

He said they worked on something new for the PC too, the engine, I doubt it's a new game, he wouldn't have said something so soon if it were a game, and it has nothing to do with the CryEngine 3, so, until we actually see if they lower their standards and port games on PC from consoles I say we should refrain from using these kind of "statements".

1.The said that they will continue to make advancements and push PCs to their limit, so we need to see if they will respect this or not.

2.So far CryEngine 3 isn't even confirmed for the PC, it might as well be console exclusive, judging from this interview. CryEngine 3 might be used on PC too, well, sold to other companies, but I doubt Crytek will use it since they have CryEngine 2 on PC and it's more advanced, not some "sacrifice between quality and performance" (CryEngine 3)

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

2.So far CryEngine 3 isn't even confirmed for the PC, it might as well be console exclusive, judging from this interview. CryEngine 3 might be used on PC too, well, sold to other companies, but I doubt Crytek will use it since they have CryEngine 2 on PC and it's more advanced, not some "sacrifice between quality and performance" (CryEngine 3)

DanielDust

No dude, watch the second part of the interview. He says it's an improvement over CE2 in every area, and the PC community will highly benefit from all these; he also notes that the PC community is concerned for wrong reasons, and games running on CE3 will be better looking on both PC and consoles than those on CE2.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Interesting.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

Baranga

No dude, watch the second part of the interview. He says it's an improvement over CE2 in every area, and the PC community will highly benefit from all these; he also notes that the PC community is concerned for wrong reasons, and games running on CE3 will be better looking on both PC and consoles than those on CE2.

Well, I'll look forward for some PC footage or a new game, but till then, it is a " perfect balance (sacrifice) between quality and performance" first part, but sure that was on the console version. So, until we get CE 3 footage on PC or a CE 3 game (maybe next Crysis), there isn't any proof that they won't just update the editor with some assets and engine improvements or that it will be on another level compared to CE 2 ( so far it's not - on consoles at least ).

Anyway, they should announce the next Crysis if they plan to make another one or they should at least give some info, they already released the Wars SDK :(.