urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

SP campaign is back with 4K HDR and ray tracing, about damn time if you ask me. start the hype.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

It looks pretty good, but COD is like the bastard child of PC gaming. It gets no respect and it is hard to get excited for a new one.

On a side note.... I find it hilarious that there is a black female soldier featured prominently in the video. Got to push those SJW agendas... diversity and inclusiveness. LOL

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I like how they shot this trailer, the sound reminds me all these big block busters out there like Avenger's Infinity War and Sicario 2.

Can't wait.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By urbangamez

@BassMan said:

It looks pretty good, but COD is like the bastard child of PC gaming. It gets no respect and it is hard to get excited for a new one.

On a side note.... I find it hilarious that there is a black female soldier featured prominently in the video. Got to push those SJW agendas... diversity and inclusiveness. LOL

no sjw agenda bro, in the real united states, black women have been serving in the us military for awhile now, and black people have been serving in the us military without recognition for literally over a hundred years, a lot of those us bombers in wwII it made back becuase of black service veterans so u might wanna check ur history or at least ask great granpa if he served in bomber squadron.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

This trailer is false advertising they make COD look awesome it never has been and probably never will be unless they take the training wheels off and make the game more tactical which never will happen.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

If Activision puts some effort into the PC version, than yeah sure, I might bite.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

@BassMan said:

From what I heard, this new CoD Modern Warfare is getting a new Engine! No more Quake Engine because that shit is old and getting redundant on every CoD until now. PC version will get cross-play with consoles which is good news and most of all, were getting Raytracing & more graphical improvements. I'm personally jumping on the hype train now and I haven't really been excited for another CoD game despite I did enjoy Black Ops 4 but nothing like this now. And plus, I'm getting it for the Campaign and I'm just glad Activision is treating the PC version more respect with these new features.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BassMan

@urbangamez said:
@BassMan said:

no sjw agenda bro, in the real united states, black women have been serving in the us military for awhile now, and black people have been serving in the us military without recognition for literally over a hundred years, a lot of those us bombers in wwII it made back becuase of black service veterans so u might wanna check ur history or at least ask great granpa if he served in bomber squadron.

I know there are real black women soldiers and that is not an issue. The issue is Activision/Infinity Ward are trying too hard. How many elite black women soldiers are there? Probably very few. Yet, she is featured prominently in the trailer.... or is it even a she? Transgender maybe? It is a result of the political climate of today and the SJW agendas.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By attirex
Member since 2007 • 2449 Posts

5 hour "campaign" = pass

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Looks pretty kewl. I didn't see a prominent black female soldier. I just saw a lot of Captain Price. Maybe I should look harder. I would love it if there was cross-play. Would be cool to play with my friends.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 urbangamez

@BassMan said:
@urbangamez said:
@BassMan said:

I know there are real black women soldiers and that is not an issue. The issue is Activision/Infinity Ward are trying too hard. How many elite black women soldiers are there? Probably very few. Yet, she is featured prominently in the trailer.... or is it even a she? Transgender maybe? It is a result of the political climate of today and the SJW agendas.

whether he or she or non binary or other, i can't keep up these days, im too old, the fact is they are part of the tiny few percentage of the american population that is willing put their lives on the line to defend america tour after tour, while the vast overwhelming majority goes on about this and that and who loves america more. its not just elite that are fighting the national guard and logistics support are fighting extremely close to the front lines because of asymetrical warfare.

so the least activison/infinity ward can do is see that they are represented in a silly video game that will make millions from curtesy of the freedom that these servicemen and women or service nonbinary, whatever, they exist, provide, otherwise to praraphrase jack nicholson activision can pick up a weapon and man a post.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BassMan

@DEVILinIRON said:

Looks pretty kewl. I didn't see a prominent black female soldier. I just saw a lot of Captain Price. Maybe I should look harder. I would love it if there was cross-play. Would be cool to play with my friends.

Really? Her face is the first you see after Price and is featured with an epic lighting shot of the sun hitting her face as the plane's cargo door opens. I would say that is very prominent and being purposefully showcased.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BassMan

@urbangamez: I am not downplaying anyone's role in serving their country. I am just saying that her being featured so prominently is a result of SJW agendas. The squads in COD are elite special forces, Seal Team 6, S.A.S., etc.. How many of those squads actually have a black female squad member? They have her shoe-horned in because of the SJW diversity and inclusiveness bullshit of recent years. They are trying too hard and jumping on the inclusiveness and diversity bandwagon/trend. I just find the whole thing funny and can't help but laugh and shake my head at it.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 urbangamez

@BassMan said:

@urbangamez: I am not downplaying anyone's role in serving their country. I am just saying that her being featured so prominently is a result of SJW agendas. The squads in COD are elite special forces, Seal Team 6, S.A.S., etc.. How many of those squads actually have a black female squad member? They have her shoe-horned in because of the SJW diversity and inclusiveness bullshit of recent years. They are trying too hard and jumping on the inclusiveness and diversity bandwagon/trend. I just find the whole thing funny and can't help but laugh and shake my head at it.

i would understand the criticisim, if activision stated that they were doing, lets say, the normandy beach landing in factual mannner and put say 2000 combat women landing on the beach. i would have to check that, because from a factual standpoint, that doesn't make sense. but if activison was doing a fictional normandy beach landing and put say 200,000 women on the beach, cool.

so yes i agree that these are primarily special forces in cod and until recently women of any type were not allowed to even sign up for direct combat roles as far as america is concerned. could they have made her a support pilot, etc in the interest of accuracy, yeah, but its fictional game and there is nothing wrong with activision saying you know what, we gonna include these people who actually serve in other areas just as dangerous, in this particular role.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BassMan

@urbangamez said:
@BassMan said:

i would understand the criticisim, if activision stated that they were doing, lets say, the normandy beach landing in factual mannner and put say 2000 combat women landing on the beach. i would have to check that, because from a factual standpoint, that doesn't make sense. but if activison was doing a fictional normandy beach landing and put say 200,000 women on the beach, cool.

so yes i agree that these are primarily special forces in cod and until recently women of any type were not allowed to even sign up for direct combat roles as far as america is concerned. could they have made her a support pilot, etc in the interest of accuracy, yeah, but its fictional game and there is nothing wrong with activision saying you know what, we gonna include these people who actually serve in other areas just as dangerous, in this particular role.

Fictional or not, it is still out of place and derived from SJW agendas.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 urbangamez

@BassMan said:
@urbangamez said:
@BassMan said:

factually, it cannot be out of place in a fictional story because fiction by definition is fabrication.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BassMan

@urbangamez said:
@BassMan said:
@urbangamez said:
@BassMan said:

factually, it cannot be out of place in a fictional story because fiction by definition is fabrication.

Yes, but it is still out of place because it challenges my suspension of disbelief due to the setting and premise of the game being based/inspired by reality.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Who the fk cares? Get your sjw whistleblowing out of here.

Its a god damn video game. BFV plays great and I could care less if im playing as Jar Jar Binks.

All that bullshit did not take away from the game play in any way whatsoever.

Go back to your cable news network spinfest.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Meh. More CoD? No thanks.

The only reason I am trying out BLOPS 4 is because it was included with my Humble Bundle. Only reason I bought previous games were for the campaign.

Though cross-platform play? Might buy it just to support that.

@urbangamez said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah, I mean I get it, I get alienated by that stuff as well when it's legitimately pushing an agenda. But they literally showed her for a few seconds. That's not featured "prominately" that's just simply shown in it lol.

I mean you show me a cast of characters and it's white dude, asian dude, Indian woman, black dude, white lady, black lady....I'm not going to be like "AHHHHH! SJW's!"

But if one of the female characters of color is sporting armpit hair and says "Yeah! VAGINA POWER!" then you have a right to suspect an agenda.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Heheheh "Vagina Power," that'd be sweet!

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Good news it's in a modern era. Old weaponery and futuristic weaponery is not my taste.