new ati 5770 with crysis.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 wurd
Member since 2003 • 634 Posts

Can't believe how awesome this game looks with my new Asus 1gb 5770 and runs perfectly on High settings with my dated core2duo e6750, xin XP and 4gb RAM. So happy I held back buying this game until I replaced my 8600gt. People said it looked amazing but didn't think it would look this good. Check out the screen shots.

http://xnagamedev.com/images/crysis.jpg

http://xnagamedev.com/images/crysis2.jpg

Just done the first few missions so far and been going in all guns blazing tactics.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

its really hard to be stealthy in this game.. they tend to still spot you too easily.. they gotta ditch the AI from farcry 1 at some point lol.

wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wurd
yeah i find the cloak doesnt last long enough to get to cover sometimes
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
yeah i find the cloak doesnt last long enough to get to cover sometimeswurd
You are saying that the cloak doesn't last long enough and there are people on the board who are saying that the game is too easy because you can cloak your way through it.
Personally I did not find it an issue. I thought it was done just right.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The cloak time limit is plenty enough. Some of my own clips.......

Cemetery vs KPA Nanosuits

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

[QUOTE="wurd"]yeah i find the cloak doesnt last long enough to get to cover sometimesjun_aka_pekto

The cloak time limit is plenty enough. Some of my own clips.......

Cemetery vs KPA Nanosuits

Ever thought about standing and running while cloaked makes it go down easily.. go prone if you have to stand still and use crouch if you have to move with it

wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wurd

[QUOTE="wurd"]yeah i find the cloak doesnt last long enough to get to cover sometimeschandu83
You are saying that the cloak doesn't last long enough and there are people on the board who are saying that the game is too easy because you can cloak your way through it.

yeah i can see having it on for longer would make you too reliant on it.. but ive only played it for a few hours so im still learning the fighting techniques

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

its really hard to be stealthy in this game.. they tend to still spot you too easily.. they gotta ditch the AI from farcry 1 at some point lol.

ionusX

No, it's not hard at all. You have to use cover and take breaks in between cloaking because your energy drains so quickly, especially when you move.

I had no idea just how beautiful the game was until I played it on my 5870 on Very High in DX10, averaging 45-50 frames per second with 30 at the lowest. Good God, the game is beautiful.

B45AK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 B45AK
Member since 2009 • 445 Posts

wow, I had forgoten what Crysis looked like. From those screens though I'd say Bad Company 2 on the Frostbite engine looks considerably better.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Game like any other... :|
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jun_aka_pekto

yeah i can see having it on for longer would make you too reliant on it.. but ive only played it for a few hours so im still learning the fighting techniques

wurd

Some spots in the game call for it. For example the helicopter gunships. I've seen YT videos where they seemed docile even while the player's character is uncloaked. I tried doing the same in the same exact location. Nada. The choppers always unleashed hell. So, I have to cloak a lot of times whenever the choppers are around, at least until I could get the first rocket shot in.

The clip I showed had me cloaking a lot because the KPA nanosuits were sniping like crazy if I didn't. It's the same with the gunships. I tried moved around fast when uncloaked. Yet, they still got me even when I tried Maximum Speed. So, again, I'm puzzled at some of the YT videos I've seen.

webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts

wow, I had forgoten what Crysis looked like. From those screens though I'd say Bad Company 2 on the Frostbite engine looks considerably better.

B45AK
No hahah. Remember he's not playing on the highest settings.
Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts
What the hell? Those screenies don't do it justice. It looks much better! Where's the atomspheric sun lighting and all the shadows?
wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wurd
What the hell? Those screenies don't do it justice. It looks much better! Where's the atomspheric sun lighting and all the shadows?Anarchist-TKC-1
yeah prob my screenshots arent great theyre right at the beginning of the game.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jun_aka_pekto

I also have a (Sapphire) 5770. Crysis isn't one of the games it's good at. But, Crysis defaults to High with it. Usually, I keep Textures, Objects, and Water at Very High, Shaders and Volumetric at High, and Shadows at Medium. Everything else can be set to Low. AA is set to 2xAA. All at DX10.

The very last part of the game was also the most resource-intensive. I had to resort to DX9 to finish the game. Even then, the framerates were in the mid-low 20's a lot of times.

I also set the sound to Minimum at the Awakening level because the tremors/earthquakes would drop the frame rates into the teens. Reducing sound quality restored the frame rates back into the 30's. The only thing I seemed to lose was the force of the bass. I simply turned up the bass dial on my Logitech Z-2300's.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
[QUOTE="B45AK"]

webby1

well the frostbite engine doesn't have the crazy draw distance and/or the amount of action.
Shuraijuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Shuraijuro
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts
Thats what it looks like with my 9800gtx
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="wurd"]yeah i find the cloak doesnt last long enough to get to cover sometimeschandu83

I only use cloak to help me get out of situations where im surrounded.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kevy619

Thats what it looks like with my 9800gtxShuraijuro
honestly, it wont look all that much better with any card. Some games may look a tad nicer, but they don't have even half the scale or overall realism. example

Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts
I guess when it's dawn and the sun is rising, it's better on my screen than those mid-day screens. It really does look very nice though, especially the water.
damstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 damstr
Member since 2003 • 8217 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

THA-TODD-BEAST

No, it's not hard at all. You have to use cover and take breaks in between cloaking because your energy drains so quickly, especially when you move.

I had no idea just how beautiful the game was until I played it on my 5870 on Very High in DX10, averaging 45-50 frames per second with 30 at the lowest. Good God, the game is beautiful.

Your telling me! I went from an X2 3800+, 2GB or ram, and a 8800GT to what you see in my sig. I played the game when it initially came out and played medium settings lowest DX and still dipped into the 20's pretty often. Now I'm maxed out and it averages 60FPS!
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

[QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

damstr

Your telling me! I went from an X2 3800+, 2GB or ram, and a 8800GT to what you see in my sig. I played the game when it initially came out and played medium settings lowest DX and still dipped into the 20's pretty often. Now I'm maxed out and it averages 60FPS!

LOL yeah, it's a great feeling! When you play the game maxed, the amount of added immersion is pretty crazy. 2+ years old and the game still puts everything else to shame!

tehHaXo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tehHaXo
Member since 2010 • 105 Posts
[QUOTE="webby1"][QUOTE="B45AK"]

kevy619

well the frostbite engine doesn't have the crazy draw distance and/or the amount of action.

Crazy draw distance?! There is a TON of pop-in when playing Crysis. Battlefield out does Crysis in the characters themselves (especially when you see them talking). Crysis has much better looking environments.
tehHaXo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tehHaXo
Member since 2010 • 105 Posts
[QUOTE="webby1"][QUOTE="B45AK"]

kevy619

Crazy draw distance?! There is a TON of pop-in when playing Crysis. Battlefield out does Crysis in the characters themselves (especially when you see them talking). Crysis has much better looking environments.
Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts

Can't believe how awesome this game looks with my new Asus 1gb 5770 and runs perfectly on High settings with my dated core2duo e6750, xin XP and 4gb RAM. So happy I held back buying this game until I replaced my 8600gt. People said it looked amazing but didn't think it would look this good. Check out the screen shots.

http://xnagamedev.com/images/crysis.jpg

http://xnagamedev.com/images/crysis2.jpg

Just done the first few missions so far and been going in all guns blazing tactics.

wurd
Nice man, I have the same card. Now download some mods for it! You'll really enjoy it then. I was able to use Rygel's texture mod, and CCC 2.something. Just google and find the latest one! They're very easy to install, and actually come with installers unlike most games. You'll love it man. The HD 5770 rules. I don't understand why people have to have these 500 cards, and processors when I'm getting the same performance with my 5770, and a 54 dollars 3.0 dual core processor. LOL Maybe not the same, but playable.
Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts
[QUOTE="tehHaXo"][QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="webby1"] No hahah. Remember he's not playing on the highest settings.

Battlefeild only has better character models. The envrionment on Battlefield looks considerably worse than Crysis foliage, etc.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

go and download c.c.c 2.21 install lv5 with the custom TOD it will look better and performance will only be slighty worse then high. Make sure to run in dx9 by adding -dx9 to the end of the crysis shortcut.

Heres some pics of me running in dx9 at 1920x1200 using c.c.c 2.21 lv5 with the custom tod

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kevy619

[QUOTE="tehHaXo"][QUOTE="kevy619"] well the frostbite engine doesn't have the crazy draw distance and/or the amount of action.Spewaged

Battlefeild only has better character models. The envrionment on Battlefield looks considerably worse than Crysis foliage, etc.

I dont get alot of pop-in in crysis... but crysis warhead on the other hand. anyway, crysis isnt as head and shoulders above everything else as it once was, but its still the best graphically overall.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
If you can't get to cover and your cloak is about to run out, just go prone and look for some bushes. You can hide until the suit powers back up. With that said, I prefer a combination of guns blazing and cloak.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jun_aka_pekto

The foliage actually do a good job of concealment. If you do come under fire, don't hide behind a coconut tree.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#31 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I agree I thought they did the cloack perfectly.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

ionusX
Its a lot better than the AI in Farcry 2 though lol, which is abysmal at best
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

ditto

its challenging; difficult to master, easy to make mistakes with, but very fun to use. And you dont need cloak 60% of the time. Just dive into a bush, regain your power, then cloak and run to another bush. Playing cat and mouse with a four-man Korean patrol is one of the most rewarding gaming experiences I have ever had in my life.

and play it on Delta...trust me, the difficulty is extremely well balanced.

LeadnSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LeadnSteel
Member since 2009 • 371 Posts

I can run it on max settings, max res and at 4x AA with dx10 and windows 7 64 bit on my 8800gt which is now 3 years old. Don't need a 5770 to make it look good. I just hope Crysis 2 will be just as good looking, and the new engine they calim to lower requirements while improving the graphics? somehow I don't belive that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

better screenies are needed, i took these from my pc

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

I can run it on max settings, max res and at 4x AA with dx10 and windows 7 64 bit on my 8800gt which is now 3 years old. Don't need a 5770 to make it look good. I just hope Crysis 2 will be just as good looking, and the new engine they calim to lower requirements while improving the graphics? somehow I don't belive that.

LeadnSteel

REALLY?! i have an 8800gts and can only play on high and not ultra. and with little to no AA. is a GTS worse than a GT? i always thought they were very similar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="LeadnSteel"]

bionicle_lover

REALLY?! i have an 8800gts and can only play on high and not ultra. and with little to no AA. is a GTS worse than a GT? i always thought they were very similar.

8800gts 320mb and 640mb are worse than a 8800gt. a 8800gts(g92) 512mb is newer architecture and more powerful than a 8800gt, it infact rivals the 9800gtx
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

[QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

[QUOTE="LeadnSteel"]

ferret-gamer

8800gts 320mb and 640mb are worse than a 8800gt. a 8800gts(g92) 512mb is newer architecture and more powerful than a 8800gt, it infact rivals the 9800gtx

ya, i have the 512mb one. so im surprised he can run it so well :O

aghost2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aghost2u
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Gratz on the 5770, I just ordered the XFX 5770 XXX the other day to replace my 9500 GT, can't wait to see what Crysis and BFBC2 will look like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

bionicle_lover

resolution, mods, and how much you notice framerate. i can run crysis maxed on my 3870 with a custom config on 720p and get 15-20fps, it is still very playable, but not as smooth as playing something on 60fps
Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#41 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
[QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] 8800gts 320mb and 640mb are worse than a 8800gt. a 8800gts(g92) 512mb is newer architecture and more powerful than a 8800gt, it infact rivals the 9800gtxferret-gamer

resolution, mods, and how much you notice framerate. i can run crysis maxed on my 3870 with a custom config on 720p and get 15-20fps, it is still very playable, but not as smooth as playing something on 60fps

Spose each are their own, I would find that too sluggish to be honest.
wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wurd
only disappointment with the 5770 is it cant run mass effect. It keeps crashing out near the start with a 'first 4 bytes is zero' error that I can't resolve. Tried all new updates, bios flash, tweaking guides, running as admin etc but they don't work. Annoying because I held out to buy ME2 until I got this card but will probably get the same error with the unreal game engine.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jun_aka_pekto

only disappointment with the 5770 is it cant run mass effect. It keeps crashing out near the start with a 'first 4 bytes is zero' error that I can't resolve. Tried all new updates, bios flash, tweaking guides, running as admin etc but they don't work. Annoying because I held out to buy ME2 until I got this card but will probably get the same error with the unreal game engine.wurd

Does Bioshock crash too? I thought Bioshock is using the Unreal engine as well. It runs fine on mine. But, I eventually will buy BE as well. It'd be a shame if my pc can't run it.

Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zillaschool
Member since 2004 • 1610 Posts

I to think it is perfect as it is now.

wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wurd

[QUOTE="wurd"]only disappointment with the 5770 is it cant run mass effect. It keeps crashing out near the start with a 'first 4 bytes is zero' error that I can't resolve. Tried all new updates, bios flash, tweaking guides, running as admin etc but they don't work. Annoying because I held out to buy ME2 until I got this card but will probably get the same error with the unreal game engine.jun_aka_pekto

Does Bioshock crash too? I thought Bioshock is using the Unreal engine as well. It runs fine on mine. But, I eventually will buy BE as well. It'd be a shame if my pc can't run it.

not sure actually ill download the demo from steam and let u know.
wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wurd
yeah bioshock demo runs ok. I think it's a gfx card/ winxp pro/ mobo thing and wont effect all 5770.
LeadnSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LeadnSteel
Member since 2009 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

bionicle_lover

Windows 7 definatley helped. Soon as I got 7 I pushed cysis to the limit. I couldn't do it on vista becuase it was too much of a system hog

Black_Tribi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 Black_Tribi
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

only disappointment with the 5770 is it cant run mass effect. It keeps crashing out near the start with a 'first 4 bytes is zero' error that I can't resolve. Tried all new updates, bios flash, tweaking guides, running as admin etc but they don't work. Annoying because I held out to buy ME2 until I got this card but will probably get the same error with the unreal game engine.wurd

Played Bioshock 1&2, finished Mass Effect 2 - zero crashes and no issues at all, although I was running them on 7.

About Crysis, I've got tempted by this thread to play and finish it again, just to refresh my memories how great it was,is.