Neverwinter Nights 2 little question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

Can I play it without first playing the original? Mac version is 99 cents on GamersGate.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
No you don't have to play the first. NWN2 is a whole new story with different graphics. Buy it!
Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

1) Neverwinter Nights 2 is MUCH better than the first one

2) They're completely separate games. You won't be missing anything if you skip the first one.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19602 Posts
They're very different - you don't need to play the first to enjy the second. Neverwinter Nights 1 is very much an online experience. The game featured awesome mod and DM tools, allowing players to create their own DnD adventures and run through them with other players. There was also a campaign, but you only control one character and it's generally pretty bland. Worth checking out if you love DnD, totally skippable otherwise. Neverwinter Nights 2 feels much more like a classic Bioware game (which is weird, since Bioware only did NWN2). It's a hybrid of BG2's complexity and party-based combat, with KOTOR's presentation and more accessible gameplay. It's not quite as great at either of those things, but it's still definitely worth checking out (just be warned: the camera controls are very odd).
fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

Nah, totally seperate game. Personally I enjoyed NWN1 more than the 2nd but that's just me.

psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts
i enjoyed both but for slightly different reasons, the first was fun making and experiencing others dungeons where as the second was just a very good western rpg, along the lines of baldurs gate 1 and 2 with slightly more bling. on a side note really looking forward to see what they do with the baldurs gate enhanced edition.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Nah, totally seperate game. Personally I enjoyed NWN1 more than the 2nd but that's just me.

fenriz275

I liked NWN1 more than NWN2 also. The Mask of the Betrayer (add on to NWN2), however, was better than both, in my opinion.