Need help with Astro's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nolson (1141 posts) -

I play a good bit away from my tv and need an extension for my 3mm cable. I do have an extender the problem is when i plug it in no one can hear me. It loses my voice when it goes throught th extension into the mixamp. Is there a cable extender out there that will extend the length without losing the mic capability?

#2 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -

Odds are your extender isn't 4-pole... which means it only carries the audio data, not the mic data. (4-pole jacks like the ones your Astros use have 4 little lines on them.) I've never seen a 4-pole extension cable, but I am almost certain they exist. Check amazon, monoprice or newegg for such a cable, but make very sure it supports 4 pole jacks.

#3 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -
But when I look at mine, the plug that goes into the headphones is four pole while the end that goes into the mixamp is only three.
#4 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -
But when I look at mine, the plug that goes into the headphones is four pole while the end that goes into the mixamp is only three. Murderstyle75
Well maybe there are only 3 lines... point is, you need a '4 pole' extender, not a stereo headphone extender.