Need help getting LOL to work...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck is going on. I've gone to the LOL community seeking help and after exploring one thread in particular and going through nearly all the steps that they have suggested I'm still at a total loss as to what I can do to fix this issue. Is Windows Vista really the bane of all things gaming?

Here are my specs, I know they are kind of lame but they can't be THAT bad.... can they?

Processor: AMD Anthalon (tm)x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System Type: 32 bit operating system
Windows Vista Home Premium.
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

PS: I'm a bit of a computer newb so any kind of "Getting games to work for dummies" type advice would be stellar. I even sweeten the deal by offering the person who helps me out a couple of profile points.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

inb4 HON is better.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Did you try reinstalling the game???

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 digitaldame

@Mac: No idea what you just said :P

@Guild: Yep sure did. I may not know much but I did that much ;)

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

If you're new to PC gaming, I have a link in my sig that might help you. ;)

Your specs are low, but not too low for the game, so you should be able to run it fine on that hardware. And Vista fully updated is not nearly as bad as Vista was when released. Are you installing the game "As Administrator"? And what exactly is happening when you try to run it? Are you getting errors, crashes, blue-screens? The more detail you give, the more help we can give you.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Sorry to say that the 7800 GT is REALLY lame.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
have you got any problems with other games and i mean games that use 3d acceleration, so no games that look like they were made in the eighties or early nineties, flash games. The reason i'm asking this because i suspect problems with your videocard.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#8 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I think we'd need more details about what happens when the game doesn't work to give advice

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 digitaldame

Johnny_Rock

Its okay to say. Hand me down computers are pretty lame as a whole :P Goodness knows I want a honest to goodness gaming computer. I haven't had one of those since 05'.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 digitaldame

I think we'd need more details about what happens when the game doesn't work to give advice

with_teeth26

There isn't a whole lot to say, when I get to the main screen it prompts you to select a "practice game" or something else. When I choose an option no matter which one it goes to the loading screen and the monitor starts to flicker from loading image to black and back and forth. When the load reaches about 30% I get a big ol blue screen that belts some computer jargon at me before the computer rolls over and dies.

As far as games from the 80's and 90's now that I think about it I haven't tried running any of those on this computer I want to say the oldest game I've ran on this rig is Diablo II but even thats 2001.

Skargamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Skargamer
Member since 2009 • 2569 Posts

Well that means you don't have enough memory to run the game right? So increase your RAM? :? Not a computer geek myself, but when a computer blue screens, usually the comp is doing too much, and it just can't handle the heat, or your RAM is too less that it can't even run the game right.... I think. But considering your specs the game should work right.... possibly your graphics card just outright sucks. But in that case you wouldn't even be able to run the game....

:|

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

Synthia

Its okay to say. Hand me down computers are pretty lame as a whole :P Goodness knows I want a honest to goodness gaming computer. I haven't had one of those since 05'.

you do realize the ps3 has a 7800 gtx in it's system. For an old card the 7800 gt is a pretty good card. That doesn't mean it can't be broke, so tc you haven't answered my question yet if you have the problem with other games.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

Synthia

There isn't a whole lot to say, when I get to the main screen it prompts you to select a "practice game" or something else. When I choose an option no matter which one it goes to the loading screen and the monitor starts to flicker from loading image to black and back and forth. When the load reaches about 30% I get a big ol blue screen that belts some computer jargon at me before the computer rolls over and dies.

As far as games from the 80's and 90's now that I think about it I haven't tried running any of those on this computer I want to say the oldest game I've ran on this rig is Diablo II but even thats 2001.

If you get a blue screen and the computer restarts it could be something overheating. Try downloading Speedfan and seeing what your tempatures on your GPU and CPU are.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Could be a few things, here are a few to try. Check that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and check you all the updates for your PC through Windows Update Check the Error Logs and post the Event Details here Check the Temperatures on the Computer, namely GPU and CPU
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#15 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

Synthia

That could also be an issue with drivers, or sadly even faulty or corrupted hardware.

Try uninstalling your current graphics drivers and installing the latest ones for your GPU (google for a detailed guide)