Need Help Finding An Old Turn-Based Stragetgy Game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elpatche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 elpatche
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Gonna be real vague here but I hope someone can help me. I remember as a kid I used to play this game (late 90's early 00's), but it may not have been made then, could have been older. I cant remember the name for the life of me.

It was a medieval based game, that was sorta like chess, with two teams against each other turn for turn. Except your team was scattered around a smallish map, and you had to get to each other and kill them until only your team was left.

I really don't remember much else except that there were a fair few different types of people, but they were restricted to certain teams, that you could choose to play (like dark elves, knights, etc (not necessarily those either lol))

Please someone help! ive been searching everywhere, tried so many sites, but it musn't have been very popular because I can't find it anywhere. PLEASE HELP!!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_turn-based_strategy_video_games

reiti_net

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 reiti_net
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Your description does fit several games .. do you have more info about it? What view was it? Iso, Top down? Because you mentioned cess i was thinking about Battle Chess, but that maybe too old (that was Amiga 500 days *g*)

Any more hints would help, finding the game you desire :-)

elpatche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By elpatche

I remember it looking a lot like heroes of might and magic style, even with the way you move the character. But I don't think there was battle scenes, just one on one fights without going to a different screen or anything. And i've had a look through that wiki page, plus many other forums and lists, but cheers anyway :)

elpatche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By elpatche

holy crap I think I just found it. Pretty sure its warlords 3. id overlooked it cus I only saw the first one, but 3 is a big step up in graphics. Cheers guys, I found it on that wiki page haha, mustn't have had my head screwed on that day I looked. and I said it wasn't popular...hah! one of the best supposedly, shows what I know lol.