Need help finding a new MMO/RPG game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fnevaeva (617 posts) -

I'm looking for an MMORPG or RPG game for either the pc, ps3, origional xbox & 360, gamecube and the ps2. I'm tired of playing the elder scrolls series(although i'm pumped for the MMO coming out next year). I've played Diablo 2 and 3. I just want a fun rpg that goes really in depth with the story. maybe even based off a book series. Help meh

#2 Posted by gunmaster55555 (712 posts) -
Well an mmo star wars old republic has a really good story and it's free to play www.swtor.com Um can't think of any other MMO's that have good stories, guild wars 2 story is ok but I only made it to level 25 in the story and kinda stopped playing due to other things so I dunno if that one is good or not.
#3 Posted by Tokeism (2365 posts) -
The Witcher 1/2 (RPG) Guild Wars 2 (MMO) Titan Quest + Immortal Throne (ARPG, diablo clone) Dragons Dogma (RPG) Dragon Age: Origins (RPG)
#4 Posted by bonafidetk (3911 posts) -
Witcher 1 / 2 are obvious choices if you're looking for an RPG based on an acclaimed book series.
#6 Posted by PetJel (3725 posts) -
For really in depth you might have to resort to some older games. Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Fallout, etc.
#7 Posted by ionusX (25760 posts) -

For really in depth you might have to resort to some older games. Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Fallout, etc.PetJel

indeed

also ignore that moron who recommended swotor. based on the way EA and bioware have poorly labelled and poorly laid out their f2p model. i expect its community to be dismally small for quite a while assuming it doesnt get shuttered entirely

alot of current gen games like true rpg depth. imo if you want the best well rounded mmo and are sick of the idea of paying monthly fee's guildwars 2 has no peers (unless you find the idea of getting backstabbed by everyone in a game in which case EVE as well). if your willing to pay 15 bucks a month WoW is still champion and probably will remain this way until its final (and next) x-pac has run its course.