Need good game for 256 MB PC

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts
You can also play Gta-Vice City,Airborne Troops,Conflict Desert Strom 2,Hitman 1,2,3, Age Of Empires etc.narutofan007
Wow. 2 posts. Thanks for reviving this POS thread from '08. People, stop posting here please. Look at the dates on these posts.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"] he cant upgrade anything except ram.he dont have a pci-express slot or even an agp. Even if he could that p4 2,8ghz is not enough for anything released after 2007 and . i say save money and build a decent pc. if you want games anything from 2003 and earlier would be ok. Some great old shooters are quake 3,serious sam,blood 2,aliens vs predator 1 and 2,max payne 1 and 2,deus x,half life 1,maybe unreal tournament 2004 and system shock aura_enchanted

dude you clearly have never seen a pci card slot and have never bothered to look for gpu's for one before there are plenty of options (some even recent) for them (most recent cards available are the geforce 9xxx series (as in 9400gt, 9500gt, etc.) and as for ram as i said plenty of place sell older standard of memory and his cpu is solid for a hyperthread.

and just to prove this here you go off newegg:

card

card

card

memory

i'm studying computer engineering and i know what is pci and pci-x and agp. Like i said he dont have have any pci-x slots only pci and its not worth giving 100for a vga like the 9500gt you posted since he will be greatly limited by the

1.bandwidth of the pci slot

2.By the slow processor ( even if he had pci-x slot buying even a 9500gt will be to much for that processor)

3.Ram ( he can only upgrade up to 1gb and alot of todays games even though they state 1gb as minimum in order to be playable they need 2gb)

Let alone you are advising him to buy an overpriced 9500gt pci which is twice the price of the pci-x version Even the 8400gs you put up there which is $60 is bad choice since is not suitable for gaming ( is not even the gt version just a gs which is slower than a geforce 6800 which is 2 generations older) Let alone the $115 2400pro you suggested In the end buying a new vga for that pc is a waste of money. If he can find an old nvidia 6600gt or 6800 or Ati x700,x800 for pci slot for $30-40 get them but anything more than that is bad idea( eventually the 9500gt will perform the same as a 6800 on that pc)

A freaking geforce3 was using the agp slot because pci was limited imagine how limited todays vga's are by the pci slot

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

[QUOTE="narutofan007"]You can also play Gta-Vice City,Airborne Troops,Conflict Desert Strom 2,Hitman 1,2,3, Age Of Empires etc.MorbidToaster
Wow. 2 posts. Thanks for reviving this POS thread from '08. People, stop posting here please. Look at the dates on these posts.

I tried that already, Morbid. Seems people would rather look at the original post (barring the date) and ignore the follow-up posts (especially the one where I specifically quoted the date).

Let me say what I did in my first post in this thread again:

In the one year and four months since the OP made this topic, he/she has probably either upgraded his computer by now or has switched to console gaming.

There, I feel better now.

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"][QUOTE="narutofan007"]You can also play Gta-Vice City,Airborne Troops,Conflict Desert Strom 2,Hitman 1,2,3, Age Of Empires etc.Ein-7919

I tried that already, Morbid. Seems people would rather look at the original post (barring the date) and ignore the follow-up posts (especially the one where I specifically quoted the date).

Let me say what I did in my first post in this thread again:

In the one year and four months since the OP made this topic, he/she has probably either upgraded his computer by now or has switched to console gaming.

There, I feel better now.

There's another revived thread on this board as well. We're being trolled by someone that likes Naruto, considering the other one was revived by a 4 post Naruto account. *sigh*
aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

[QUOTE="aura_enchanted"]

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"] he cant upgrade anything except ram.he dont have a pci-express slot or even an agp. Even if he could that p4 2,8ghz is not enough for anything released after 2007 and . i say save money and build a decent pc. if you want games anything from 2003 and earlier would be ok. Some great old shooters are quake 3,serious sam,blood 2,aliens vs predator 1 and 2,max payne 1 and 2,deus x,half life 1,maybe unreal tournament 2004 and system shock adamosmaki

dude you clearly have never seen a pci card slot and have never bothered to look for gpu's for one before there are plenty of options (some even recent) for them (most recent cards available are the geforce 9xxx series (as in 9400gt, 9500gt, etc.) and as for ram as i said plenty of place sell older standard of memory and his cpu is solid for a hyperthread.

and just to prove this here you go off newegg:

card

card

card

memory

i'm studying computer engineering and i know what is pci and pci-x and agp. Like i said he dont have have any pci-x slots only pci and its not worth giving 100for a vga like the 9500gt you posted since he will be greatly limited by the

1.bandwidth of the pci slot

2.By the slow processor ( even if he had pci-x slot buying even a 9500gt will be to much for that processor)

3.Ram ( he can only upgrade up to 1gb and alot of todays games even though they state 1gb as minimum in order to be playable they need 2gb)

Let alone you are advising him to buy an overpriced 9500gt pci which is twice the price of the pci-x version Even the 8400gs you put up there which is $60 is bad choice since is not suitable for gaming ( is not even the gt version just a gs which is slower than a geforce 6800 which is 2 generations older) Let alone the $115 2400pro you suggested In the end buying a new vga for that pc is a waste of money. If he can find an old nvidia 6600gt or 6800 or Ati x700,x800 for pci slot for $30-40 get them but anything more than that is bad idea( eventually the 9500gt will perform the same as a 6800 on that pc)

A freaking geforce3 was using the agp slot because pci was limited imagine how limited todays vga's are by the pci slot

8400gs aint (its on par with a 2400 and a 2400 can do more than people credit it for, ive played DoW2 with one as have i oblivion and rainbow 6 vegas (ond not on lowest might i add)bad and though that hd 2400 is overprice you have to consider the card slot ma. when that 2400's only competition in its slot is an 8400 and a 9500gt its not bad.

his cpu though it is a pentium 4 its more than suitable for low end gaming. and finally his memory standard (ddr 400) is poor compaed even to ddr2 533 it can hold its own for the level of gaming his gpu and cpu would then be able to handle. IDEALLY he should jump to a true dual core (such as a celeron or pentium D at min.) and it would improve by alot but still alot of titles min require a pentium 4. so i see no reason if he/she doesnt mind a less than ideal arrangement. not every gaming pc after all requires a quad core with a 9800gtx+ and 4gb ram and a 1TB HDD