Need for Speed: Shift/Nitro/World Online

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

After EA said they will probably let go of the NFS series, they announce not one, but 3 NFS games.

The firs one is a simulator ( Shift ) on which guys from GT Legends and GTR 2 work on.

The 2nd, is an arcade game like no other NFS (at least that's what they say) and it's only for DS and WII.

The 3rd game is a free to play MMO that has microtransactions.

What do you guys think? so far I have low expectations, but that screenshot (if that is what it is) looks promising and if it really is a good simulator, with those graphics and hopefully detailed crashes, it could become the best simulator.

These guys aren't that experienced but it's a good thing they also have some guys that worked on GTR 2 and GT Legends, who knows might be a great surprise :).

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

That screenshot reminds me of GRID which is good and I hope it does pull off a suprise. However like you I'll also still remain skeptical though since EA has let us down a lot. A revamp and the guys from GTR2 and GT Legends are working on it so I will be interested see how it develops, screenshot does look promising.

I wonder how long they have actually been working and spent time on this since its being dated for Fall 2009 already.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

I enjoyed the NFS series for what it was - an arcade. Although the GRT2 dev will definately do a good job, its questionable if that's a good direction for the series. Expect complaints on the difficulty level of the next game.

As far as the MMO game goes... is Motor City Online and its failure already gone from memory?

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts

That screenshot reminds me of GRID which is good and I hope it does pull off a suprise. However like you I'll also still remain skeptical though since EA has let us down a lot. A revamp and the guys from GTR2 and GT Legends are working on it so I will be interested see how it develops, screenshot does look promising.

I wonder how long they have actually been working and spent time on this since its being dated for Fall 2009 already.

pcgamer_07
*looks at self username* if the pp, from blimey and 10tacle along with the racing driver, it BETTER be good :x
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts
Seriously these 3 will all fail....maybe except the Nintendo one if it is bought as much as all the other games that have been released on the console.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
If this really is true...then... LONG LIVE NFS !!!!! wooooohooooo
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Seriously these 3 will all fail....maybe except the Nintendo one if it is bought as much as all the other games that have been released on the console.lucky326

im going to agree on this. the NFS series began to die after Most Wanted or even after Underground 2 for some.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
thats screen looks great
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mhofever

thats screen looks greatNSR34GTR

every screen looks great until it's actually released though, then we'd find out about the gameplay, which is what I'm afraid of :S

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Need for Speed: Shift/Nitro/World Online/Me Not caring/Gaming world not care/Me save up and Buy Alan Wake Instead.

Put this series in the pit stop...or a wrecking yard. With a savage dog that all the kids in the street like to torment. But then their ball goes over the fence.

doc18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 doc18
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

I'ev always enjoyed Need for speed games, but the last few have been a real dissapointment, undercover was awful, need for speed most wanted was better than it, and pro street although a brave step away from the formula, ultimately failed because the allure of NFS is the fact it's not only illegal street racing but in a city where other cars are on the road etc etc.

i hope that this reboot helps the NFS franchise find its feet and become enjoyable again, i've never been a big fan of serious simulations, preferring the more arcadey racers, but if it does it well i may give it a try, as i already have other racers to satisfy the arcadey feel for me :)

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mhofever
pro street was horrible. one of the worse NFS games i've ever played in the series and I won't bother playing Undercover because after reading user reviews, it doesn't sound like a nice game at all.
CDudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CDudu
Member since 2007 • 694 Posts

I wonder what they will do in one year after Undercover.Every year the same.

I guess they need more time to bring sth completely new to the franchise.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I hope Shift will turn out great.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I wonder what they will do in one year after Undercover.Every year the same.

I guess they need more time to bring sth completely new to the franchise.

CDudu

The game is made entirely by a new studio + some guys from Black Box (teh evil) and guys that worked on simulators like GTR 2 and GT Legends, so it can't turn like one of the latest NFS games.

You can bet they worked way more than just an year, since they just announced it and it's that far + 1 year in which they add more and more content and refine it.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
Shift looks like a blatant GRID imitation. I hope I am proven otherwise when it releases.