Need for Speed Hot Pursuit controller message problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DJP3000 (293 posts) -

I bought Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for the PC. Every time I start the game I get a message in the middle of the screen telling me to configure my controller in the gameplay settings. I go to the controller settings and set it to my Xbox 360 controller and the message goes away until next time I restart the game.I'm using an Xbox 360 controller as my controller and Windows 7 64-bit as my OS. Anyone know how to fix this or do I have to wait for a patch?

#2 Posted by DJP3000 (293 posts) -

I fixed the problem. I had to disconnect my joystick and rudder pedals from my PC.

#3 Posted by flipin_jackass (9765 posts) -

Glad we could help! :) [spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

#4 Posted by PredatorRules (11522 posts) -

I bought Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for the PC. Every time I start the game I get a message in the middle of the screen telling me to configure my controller in the gameplay settings. I go to the controller settings and set it to my Xbox 360 controller and the message goes away until next time I restart the game.I'm using an Xbox 360 controller as my controller and Windows 7 64-bit as my OS. Anyone know how to fix this or do I have to wait for a patch?

DJP3000

Ok, it might changed with a patch but seriously why on god's earth do you need to use X360 controller on PC for racing game? go and buy Logitech G27

#5 Posted by giant11 (760 posts) -

PredatorRules
Ok, it might changed with a patch but seriously why on god's earth do you need to use X360 controller on PC for racing game? go and buy Logitech G27

Because it costs many, many times more? A 360 controller is 10x better than using a keyboard, for certain games, at least. And I say this as a life-long PC gamer. No shame in being practical.

#6 Posted by PredatorRules (11522 posts) -

[QUOTE="PredatorRules"]giant11

Because it costs many, many times more? A 360 controller is 10x better than using a keyboard, for certain games, at least. And I say this as a life-long PC gamer. No shame in being practical.

can't argue with that - specially when it got the cool gas and brake buttons :P