Need an MMO to play for summer, but wait...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shert
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts

I'd only be able to play it about 2 hours a day maximum. I've played WoW for awhile before but I was wondering if there were any other good MMO's out there that would be good for that time slot. If WoW is the only choice I guess I'll go with that but I've heard good things about EVE online and age of conan and was wondering if those would be good choices? or maybe aion?

Gimee some good suggestions, some general things I'm looking for are:

A decent amount of players where the world won't feel "empty"

Some fun questing even before getting to end game

A good community

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you. I've looked into Age of Conan, but from what I hear the community is really dwindling at this point, despite the game being great. EVE online -- well, I've heard VERY mixed reviews about that. Some say it's great, some say it's terrible.

I've also looked into Everquest, which has a meh number of people still. However, the game apparently requires a TON of time to be put in to get any real joy out of it, despite the world being lots of fun to explore. I've had EQ II recommended to me by a few people who crave good PvE content, so I'll probably give that a shot. I've heard Aion is fun up until you hit the top level. Then it really becomes a major drag and gets very boring. Very, very boring.

Also, I'm checking out Lord of the Rings Online. Apparently that game is sick, but not as much PvE content as EQ II or EQ.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you. I've looked into Age of Conan, but from what I hear the community is really dwindling at this point, despite the game being great. EVE online -- well, I've heard VERY mixed reviews about that. Some say it's great, some say it's terrible.

I've also looked into Everquest, which has a meh number of people still. However, the game apparently requires a TON of time to be put in to get any real joy out of it, despite the world being lots of fun to explore. I've had EQ II recommended to me by a few people who crave good PvE content, so I'll probably give that a shot. I've heard Aion is fun up until you hit the top level. Then it really becomes a major drag and gets very boring. Very, very boring.

Also, I'm checking out Lord of the Rings Online. Apparently that game is sick, but not as much PvE content as EQ II or EQ.

CaptainAhab13
LOTRO is pure PvE...., PvP is where it's lacking.... For casual MMO playing... can't go past LOTRO...
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Apparently, you can play Age of Connan 100% free up to level 20. I'm thinking about checking it out myself. Its supposed to be improved a lot since its release.

Also, i've heard Aion is a MASSIVE grind, sounds like a pretty bad choice for someone with limited time.

LOTRO is a good choice, but you may want to wait until the fall when it goes free.

shert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shert

Any more opinions/suggestions guys?

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
Eve is not for you. With so little time available you would not get the most out of it. That is my input for the day :)
shert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shert

Eve is not for you. With so little time available you would not get the most out of it. That is my input for the day :)wigan_gamer

yea thats what I was thinking

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Runes of Magic perhaps.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

star trek online has been my addiction as of late

frnk55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frnk55
Member since 2010 • 260 Posts

LOTRO is excellent. IMO

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
World of Tanks is in a closed beta right now, but they're giving away keys here. You don't need to put too much time into the game to advance your tanks, so its not a problem if you can't play constantly.
starwarsman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsman99
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It isn't really a fantasy MMO, but I consider anything with leveling up to earn new content and clothes an MMO.

So I'll say Battlefield Heroes. It's a multiplayer shooter. It has no blood.And you don't need extreme system specs.

shads20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 shads20
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts

are these mmos free as ive been playing some on internet like evony and it constantly requires you to buy things using paypal to advance through some missions

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

You could play Guild Wars, that'd work good, especially since there's no monthly fee.

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Wait for lotro free edition to come out EQ2 is alright but man its BORING. Or wait for Final Fantasy 14 online to launch in September.