Natural Selection 2...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterChief150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterChief150
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

Hey eveyone,

After looking through the steam store I found an indie game coming out next month called Natural Selection 2. I liked the whole RTS/FPS element and adding that starcrafty/alien vibe to be pretty awesome. It looked rather interesting, but I am hesistant as to pre-ordering it because I never played the original Natural Selection 1. My question is for anyone that played the original Natural Selection and their thoughts on the game (gameplay, lag problems, multiplayer connection issues) pretty much anything that would deter me from spending 25 bucks on the game.

Thanks For All The Input !

szafto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 szafto
Member since 2006 • 1389 Posts
I pre-ordered it as soon as it went up on steam, I LOVED the first one so i say go buy it! There's even a live match right now that i'm watching http://sv.twitch.tv/naturalselection2
MasterChief150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MasterChief150

Thanks I will check it out !

MasterChief150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MasterChief150

Have they given a specific release date than just October. ?

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

Natural Selection 1 is a mod for Half Life and free to download. Try it out.

MasterChief150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MasterChief150

I was also looking into the Specs for Natural Selection 2...I hate to say "can I run" this but can I...Lol. Im not looking to play this on Ultra or High, but if I could get Medium to Medium Low...I would be happy.

My Laptop (I know laptops suck :) Rig

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD Radeon 6470m Video Card

Quad Core i5 processor 2.3 ghz

Ram: 4GB

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hard to say right now, about the specs, As far as I can see, the game is fairly random in its beta in the spec department. Some people on older systems are not having any problems, some with older systems ,has alot of problems, likewise with newer pc builds.

As for the game? the first one was a really really good game, which sadly lost some of its idendity at the end of its lifecycle (yeah its a mod, and you can still play it) but it lost most of its tense armosphere in favor of steamlined map design, which I thought hurt the game alot.

But eventhough I disliked the direction they changed in, the game itself still helt up brilliantly, gameplay were always a blast, and Despite They changed alot of the gameplay things, I still think NS2 will be just as awesome.

It had a very arcady feel, and NS2 has aswell I can see, but it does not only demand teamplay and coordination, you basicly live or die by it. With a single person on each team calling the shots, and the rest follow. It is likely the best "alien" game that is not Alien, its frantic, it can be nervewrecking, and it is incrediblly fun ^^

SuperMassive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperMassive20
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts

I wrote a preview for it, it even includes a link to an interview with one of the team (bottom of the article) :)

Link:http://thegamerpost.com/natural-selection-2-preview/

l0ner_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 l0ner_1
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts

This first one was extremely fun/addicting. I hadn't looked into 2 yet, but if it follows the same pattern from the first, it'll be good.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

I never played the first one but I've been following 2 from the start. It dissapeared off my radar for a while but I saw a beta gameplay video from TB a while back that showed an almost complete game. I pre-ordered it so I could get into the beta and I've been playing it ever since. It's a great game and I can't wait untill release.

I wrote a preview for it, it even includes a link to an interview with one of the team (bottom of the article) :)

SuperMassive20

Good preview ;)

MasterChief150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MasterChief150

Thanks for all the posts, Guys ! Definitly made my decision easier, Pre-ordering mine next week.

SuperMassive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuperMassive20
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts

I never played the first one but I've been following 2 from the start. It dissapeared off my radar for a while but I saw a beta gameplay video from TB a while back that showed an almost complete game. I pre-ordered it so I could get into the beta and I've been playing it ever since. It's a great game and I can't wait untill release.

[QUOTE="SuperMassive20"]

R4gn4r0k

Good preview ;)

Thanks! I have loads more stuff on the site (plug plug hehe) I'm thinking of bringing a lot of it over to my GS profile though