My Favourite Skyrim Mods

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jade92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jade92
Member since 2015 • 44 Posts

Enhanced Lights and FX

Indoors, windows will leave focused rays of sunlight where they would naturally fall rather than lighting up the whole room and caves can be set to a realistic darkness so you have to get those normally useless torches out! Outside, the weather, the sun, the days and the nights are all intensified to make Skyrim a much more interesting and beautiful place! Get it here.

Expanded Towns and Cities

Adds a bunch of new buildings, decoration and NPCs to the world of Skyrim. It makes the place much more exciting after you have played through the game 14 times and know the residents better than your grandma. My favourite addition is the new market outside of Whiterun! Get it here.

Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin

The picture up top shows you the beauty of this mod in my game. It completely changes the way the world looks by adding new grass types and upping the density. It is advertised as a performance friendly grass mod and I can vouch for that as I have a mid tier PC with about 70 mods installed in my Skyrim game and I've never had any reduced frame rate. Get it here.

Realistic Water Two

I've tried a few different water mods but this one is my favourite. I can't actually put my finger on why (which is totally unhelpful, I know) but I think it just looks the most realistic and fits in with the whole "Beautiful Skyrim" look I was after. The texture, the animation and the audio are really well done. Get it here.

Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers

Because who can be bothered to look for them all? Ain't nobody got time for that. Get it here.

A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads

I would still get lost around some parts of Skyrim if it wasn't for this baby. Maybe I'm just useless but I can't tell you the amount of times I would end up at the top of a mountain instead of the town I was aiming for. But now I can just check which road I need on my new, fantastically well made map and give myself directions - sorted. Get it here.

Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lighting - Audio

I honestly can't big this up enough. I wouldn't know where to start. It is by far my favourite mod as it just has everything in it and it's all done so well! The weather ranges from the most glorious orange sunrise to the most terrifying midnight thunder storm. The lighting settings can all be adjusted to completely change the atmosphere of Skyrim but also fit in with how you like to play your game. The audio though... It absolutely is magnificent! The change in my feeling of the game after I had heard the immersive ambient noises of animal speaking, the wind rumbling passed me and the cracks of thunder as the fork lightning crashed down. Seriously, just get this mod here!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#1 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15142 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I played Skyrim without mods. Still had a lot of fun. If I ever got back, I'll try these mods you listed.

Running-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#3 Running-Target
Member since 2014 • 413 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: @jade92 http://imgur.com/a/F05kT

Jade92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jade92

@Cloud_imperium And thanks for commenting! I played it about 4 times through on xbox before I moved to PC and added mods. It's great either way but mods really add to the game when you need to switch it up a bit!

@running-target Wow. That is super impressive. I bookmarked your page as I don't have an account so I can go stare some more later!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

This mod beats all: http://www.pcgamer.com/skyrim-mod-gives-the-game-classic-cartoon-looks/

Jade92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jade92

@FelipeInside: Oh my. You are correct. That looks awesome! I'm definitely going to give that a go when it's released.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#7 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17934 Posts

There's alot of mods I can mention. But most are popular and are on the list of the top downloaded and endorsed mods on Nexus.

But my personal favourite is Smart Cast. Also Void Walker is awesome for my Stealth based character. Both arent too popular, but they're the most used in terms of gameplay. Other than that, Skyrim Unbound is also a big one, it's not all that popular since it's not on the Nexus site.

As for ENB, it's all preference. But I use Natural Lighting & Atmospherics. I used to use Kountervive ENB - Northern Lights, which is the best looking ENB imo, but was abit too demanding.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Thank you very much for this. Please add more!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 17344 Posts

My favorite Skyrim mod is easily Requiem. Then I go with Imp's more complex needs and frostfall.

Requiem: Overhauls the game for a more immersive roleplaying experience. The world is delevelled, which means no level scaling, or it being heavily minimized (the level scaling in vanilla was blatant). To do anything effectively, you must invest perks into it. To even pickpocket or lockpick anything besides the most basic chests you will need to invest points. Casting in heavy armor is heavily penalized unless you have the perks for it. And even casting in general will drain your magic so fast its not worth using unless you have invested in the related magic field.

Imps more complex needs adds hunger, thirst and sleep to the game. But also adds alcoholicism, protein levels, morale and a lot of other stuff. Though I will admit, it was kinda frustrating dying over and over without knowing what killed me, eventually I found out it was my alcohol levels being too high. It also had issues with some foods appearantly not restoring my hunger or thirst. which resulted in me becoming such a huge drunkard in the first place.

Frostfall adds hypothermia to the game. Poorly equipped travellers will find themselves freezing in the wilderness, taking some heavy penalties to stats, and possibly even freeze to death.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1777 Posts
@running-target said:

@Cloud_imperium: @jade92 http://imgur.com/a/F05kT

You have a youtube account? I'd definitely watch a Let's play judging from those screenshots.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 125445 Posts

@Maroxad said:

My favorite Skyrim mod is easily Requiem. Then I go with Imp's more complex needs and frostfall.

Requiem: Overhauls the game for a more immersive roleplaying experience. The world is delevelled, which means no level scaling, or it being heavily minimized (the level scaling in vanilla was blatant). To do anything effectively, you must invest perks into it. To even pickpocket or lockpick anything besides the most basic chests you will need to invest points. Casting in heavy armor is heavily penalized unless you have the perks for it. And even casting in general will drain your magic so fast its not worth using unless you have invested in the related magic field.

Imps more complex needs adds hunger, thirst and sleep to the game. But also adds alcoholicism, protein levels, morale and a lot of other stuff. Though I will admit, it was kinda frustrating dying over and over without knowing what killed me, eventually I found out it was my alcohol levels being too high. It also had issues with some foods appearantly not restoring my hunger or thirst. which resulted in me becoming such a huge drunkard in the first place.

Frostfall adds hypothermia to the game. Poorly equipped travellers will find themselves freezing in the wilderness, taking some heavy penalties to stats, and possibly even freeze to death.

And I like to travel around in a bikini in Skyrim... Or the female version of ancient nordic armour. Because no NPC ever comments on it unless you are naked :P

FatalScorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By FatalScorpion
Member since 2014 • 710 Posts

I prefer the nude mods but to each his own.