Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Tungsten
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

1) Dell 24 P2419h
2) Viewsonic Vp2468

A comparative of both:
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/9c7b99b05

I usually don't play high FPS games like shooters or competitive, so I'm prioritizing image quality.

1) Best color: Seems ViewSonic have slightly better color?

2) Connectinos: Dell also have VGA (which is useful in some cases).

They are pretty similar to me, could you point any difference which you consider relevant?

Also I accept suggestions of any 24" to 27" / 1K to 4K, IPS technology (o similar as Samsung's PSL), to run with a GTX1080.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6439 Posts

I like the Viewsonic better, for no real reason other than the bigger viewable space and less plastic around the edges of the screen. I also generally dislike Dell as a brand for no real rational reason.

The Dell seems to have a better response time, so you might get that if you play alot of twitch shooters (which you said you don't.)

I don't think there's a wrong decision here, go with your gut or whatever is cheaper at the moment.

PS - I like the headphone jack on the Viewsonic, not a big deal but nice to have.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8564 Posts

Of the two you listed the VP2468 is overall the better of the two, especially in color accuracy.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 6533 Posts

I just found out that Bestbuy has my monitor for $270... If you can afford that and have the space for a 32" monitor go for it if you want image quality. Its a 10bit VA panel with incredible colours and contrast, for the price is incredible and with that Best buy price its a no brainer.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/LKHRsY/benq-pd3200q-320-2560x1440-60hz-monitor-pd3200q

I am a photographer and have mine calibrated for sRGB work and due to the contrast it has over my Nec 302 at work its far better suited for B&W photography.

Its my recommendation.

Here are a here's a pic:

The difference between a high quality VA panel and IPS panel when it comes to colours are minimal but the difference in contrast is instantly noticeable and if you are a consumer who watches a lot of youtube and plays a lot of games the sheer size of a 32" 10bit panel at 1440p with a contrast ration 2-3x higher than a IPS panel will make your jaw drop.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12475 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: off topic - what type of keyboard you've got there?

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3683 Posts

no idea, both those monitors look the same going by the stats.

You should download the manuals for each monitor you are interested in and make sure the monitors menus offer the proper adjustments in the settings you want like basic yet important ones like sharpness etc, and the proper color adjustments you may want.

I got a Dell 160hz ultrawide not long ago and had to send it back. It lacked way too many features to customize in the menu. I couldn't even adjust the sharpness with it and the color adjustments in the settings were only RGB unlike my older LG monitor which had RGB adjustment but also the 6 color adjustments and of course sharpness settings.

Both those monitors are 250cd/m. I find that brightness sometimes a bit dull, it for sure varies from monitor to monitor but my current ultrawide has 300cd/m, I find it hard to use go back to my older monitors which run at 250cd/m. Its why i'll probably aim for even more brightness in my next upgrade for at least 350-400cd/m2. Nothing worse than a dull monitor.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 6533 Posts

@gerygo: Fnatic Ministreak with MX Silent Red switches. Superb keyboard and the Switches I highly recommend, super silent in comparison to my old Blackwidow 2014 keyboard.