MS Laptop 2 or MS Surface Book 2 or something else?

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Hello may I have some advice?

I need a new laptop/tablet. I am thinking either the Surface Book 2 or Laptop 2 or do you have a better recommendation?

I don’t really play games on Windows devices much (I have a Pro and an X).

It’s mainly for work. I use MS Word, Excel extensively, Reuter’s Eikon, Reuter’s Messenger, ICE messenger, Skype and Wechat.

I would normally have all the above open simultaneously plus Chrome with around 10-20 tabs.

The keyboard needs to be excellent as I have to type quite a lot and also the touchpad needs to be good as Excel is annoying on a touchscreen device only (so IPad is out).

Do you have an alternative recommendation at around this price point?

And it has to be well built and last at least 3 years.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I have an HP Spectre x360. It's fantastic. Light, sleek, aluminum, and surprisingly powerful. I regularly use mine for light workstation tasks thanks to its nvme drive, 16GB RAM, and powerful i7.

I'd definitely check one out - most reviews I have seen of them are absolutely glowing (better than Surface) and I'd concur with my personal experience.

https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/hp-spectre-x360-13-inch-2019

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@xantufrog Thanks for the recommendation (it is way better than the Surface but I think it only comes with i7 in Hong Kong), its a bit too expensive for me. (I need to cough up a family holiday of four to Yunnan next month as well).