XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

Is there a way / setup where I can have the fluid motion of a joystick ( w/ left thumb/hand) and aim with a mouse. I have just recently starting playing ng games with my pc and I love using the mouse to aim. But when it comes to WADS, you either move or you don't . playing splintercell last minute night coop. That shit is pretty damn difficult to move stealthy. In fps games agian its move or don't move. You have very limited control over your movement

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

That's why you change the rate at which you tap at to accommodate. In FPS using analogues would just be detrimental since you always want to be accelerating at max speed so you can dodge.

With that said, you might like the Razer Tartarus.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxAK47xX

So like I. Splintercell if I want to move very slow for a good minute. If have to rapidly tap wads for a that time?

NexusP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By NexusP
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts

Take a look at the Move Navigation controller. You can get one for as cheap as $10 used. You will need a Mini-B USB cable for charging and a bluetooth adapter to use with it exclusively.

You can map it to analog controls or just WASD if you using a keymapper like Xmapper or Glovepie (custom scripting).

I'm using Motioninjoy (you can use BetterDS3 as the interface for MIJ to avoid ads) as a driver y to make it a DirectInput device, but there are other driver s such as SCPDS3 or DS4Tools that will map it to Xinput.

MotioninJoy

BetterDS3

SCP DS3

DS4Tool

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XxAK47xX

@NexusP: thanks

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Did they change the controls on newer Splinter Cell games? Pretty sure that you used the mouse wheel to select different movement speeds, and like every other single stealth game I have played has some sort of "stealth" key.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XxAK47xX

@glez13: the latest game, Blacklist, scroll wheel switches weapon

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

That's why you change the rate at which you tap at to accommodate. In FPS using analogues would just be detrimental since you always want to be accelerating at max speed so you can dodge.

There is more than one kind of game...

@XxAK47xX: The Logitech G13 is a mini keyboard/analog joystick that's intended to be used with your left hand. You can use this to get the "best of both worlds" in terms of analog movement control and mouse aiming. Great for games like Splinter Cell that are stealth based but where precise aiming is still an asset.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

-Byshop

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#9 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

the games i played did offer a 2nd key with stealth/crouch option that you had to use. you should be able to set it to a "tap" or "hold" option. "tap" option sets it on static. "hold" option only activates stealth while you are pressing the key.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17830 Posts

a little bit of a thread hyjack here but it is related.

can games actually recieve input from a controller and a mouse at the same time for 1 player?

its just with the steam controller i think there is a limit currently where you cant, say, set the analogue stick to be like a 360 analogue stick and set the touch pad to be like a mouse. the last time i tried it anyway the game just wouldnt detect the stick...i had to set it to use WSAD for the stick instead which meant the analogue movement was lost.

maybe its a limit with the steam controller rather than some inherent limit with games though. or maybe its all in my head :P.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

If I had the cash, I'd for sure try one of the two solution posted in this thread. I think analog stick could be good for my movement in fps games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58368 Posts

hmmm, I don't remember there being any issues with Splintercell: Blacklist concerning stealth movement. I do remember it being a pretty terrible installment in the series, though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25

@osan0 said:

a little bit of a thread hyjack here but it is related.

can games actually recieve input from a controller and a mouse at the same time for 1 player?

its just with the steam controller i think there is a limit currently where you cant, say, set the analogue stick to be like a 360 analogue stick and set the touch pad to be like a mouse. the last time i tried it anyway the game just wouldnt detect the stick...i had to set it to use WSAD for the stick instead which meant the analogue movement was lost.

maybe its a limit with the steam controller rather than some inherent limit with games though. or maybe its all in my head :P.

they can, I used to do it with Battlefield; I'd use a joystick or gamepad for flying, keyboard for ground movement. The funny thing though is that the joystick would still work on the ground, and every now and then it wouldn't be centered right so i'd have to unplug it.

*steam controller is unique, though, I think with that specific setup it's kind of all-or-nothing whether you want to use it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

hmmm, I don't remember there being any issues with Splintercell: Blacklist concerning stealth movement. I do remember it being a pretty terrible installment in the series, though.

There are no issues to be had. All you do is hit the walk key. It's like...the same thing in every game ever made pretty much (except the first few Splinter Cell titles).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrbojangles25

@KHAndAnime said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

There are no issues to be had. All you do is hit the walk key. It's like...the same thing in every game ever made pretty much (except the first few Splinter Cell titles).

also, this game tries to force you to stick to cover (and even has a lame cover-to-cover mechanic) that half the time, conventional movement isn't even necessary.

I had to download the game to actually remember correctly, but yeah, it is pretty terrible. This was during those few years when all the big-name game companies were pushing for "online only" and "all games must have multiplayer". Disastrous.

Splinter Cell is not about multiplayer; it's about being alone, in the shadows, and going around (not through) overwhelming odds.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Byshop said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:

There is more than one kind of game...

@XxAK47xX: The Logitech G13 is a mini keyboard/analog joystick that's intended to be used with your left hand. You can use this to get the "best of both worlds" in terms of analog movement control and mouse aiming. Great for games like Splinter Cell that are stealth based but where precise aiming is still an asset.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

-Byshop

The logitech G13 would be perfect for me, but I'm a left with my mouse. Cant find any left handed options yet.